Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ultra Modern Seating? Maybe.

Today, I was all over the place.  I paused on the doll bed I'm making for my new diorama, The Little Girls' room.  I was going to make a crib too, but while cutting wood during my first day of using the table saw, I had a little accident and a piece of wood flew and hit me in the stomach.  Needless to say, I'm scared to go back to the saw, so I will be using things I'm not afraid of for a little while.

But I digress and move on to my supposedly ultra modern seating, which could work, but I think I may need to do more to it.  While looking for a straight block of styrofoam, I found a piece that looks like it has seats throughout.  So I tried to make it look good.  See?  There is a sofa type area next to a single seat area.  Very modern, right?

 
The girls tried it out for me.  I guess it looks okay, at least for some posing, but maybe not so much for a real room set up.



Well, it's time for one of my favorite shows and, after a day mostly dedicated to pretending I could make an ultra modern seating area from Styrofoam, I guess I can use a break. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea. Hopefully you will continue with it, and we will get to see a new sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your stopping by and you nice comment. I'll see what I can figure out with this seating idea.

      Delete
  2. I look at packaging material in a whole new light also. I made a sofa out of some cardboard packaging corners from an appliance I purchased that I thought looked like a sofa. It actually turned out pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I just went to your site. I remember seeing your rooms. I wanted to ask if you have pictures of the total layout and set up. I think your rooms look good.

      Thank you so much for stopping by. I just added your blog to my list. So I'll be visiting on a regular basis.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!