Sunday, December 7, 2014

Prepping the latest diorama/Hang Out Spot

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been working on doll...stuff.  I'm still working on making clothes for the two smallest girls (the babies).  The clothes available are scarce and not in season.  I would prefer the crew stays in season and they dress appropriately.  So I'm sewing more coats, capes, and one-piece outfits to prepare for colder weather and some snow scenes.  I'm not looking forward to snow, but since it's bound to show up, I may as well have some fun with it.

I really want a Christmas scene, but I'm not making cushions for the chairs yet.  But my walls and flooring are up for a living space.  I'll need lots of seating, so another diorama will be close behind.  The girls and guys need someplace comfortable to chill until it's photo and fun time.

Here are a few shots I did take of the new room.  I figured it was perfect for babysitting shots in the new space while the furniture is being 'found' by the new owners. 

 
The Byer's Choice fireplace really adds some warmth.  The sofa isn't staying, but it will work for now.



When there's no TV yet, you have the good old standby radio.


Finally, the kids are tuckered out and take a nap.


I do have some holiday decorations which I'll show in my next post.  Hopefully, the cushions and pillows will all be in place and I'll just need to wrap up the wall and other décor. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll see you in the next post. 

6 comments:

  1. Great job! It is a lot of working putting together homes for our little treasures, but it is worth it in the end. I am thinking that you made the clothes on the baby and the Moxie Kidz dolls? They all look really cute. I need to do the same thing for my littles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did make the baby's outfit, but not for the other two. But they do need some pants and warmer items for the winter, which I am working on right now.

      Delete
  2. Great diorama! I love that little table for the kids and the drawings, this whole scene looks so realistic :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! While I do like my posed photo shoots, I love scenes that tell a story the best.

      Delete
  3. Awww, your baby outfit is so cute. I'm looking forward to seeing the other kid outfits you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'll be posting some winter items I've made for the babies soon. I hope you drop in and take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!