Saturday, January 24, 2015

Getting Lucky

Every so often, I look on Craigslist to if anyone is selling some Barbie or Bratz items I can use.   Last weekend, I was lucky enough to come across an ad where-in there were two large containers of Barbie furniture available for only $75. 

I immediately made arrangements to purchase said items.  The lot had several things for which I have been searching - dining chairs, a Krissy sized baby swing, some tables, bathroom accessories and more thing I don't even need, but can use to experimenting.  I even ended up with several cribs.

Here are some photos.


School dio?  Maybe.
 


I am going to paint that yellow walker.  It could use some assorted coloring.
 


 
That mirror can be made to look like wood or a basic black would work. Hmm...


I have more dining chairs than I expected, but that just means I can create more scenes.
 

 
A matching set of bathroom accessories.  I'm not feeling the hot pink.


Some outdoor or all season room furniture.
 
While traveling this week, I stopped at a Kmart to buy and soda and low and behold, there was an articulated So In Style doll set on clearance.  You'll note the price tag has $21.00 on it, but I don't consider that a steal.  What made it great was the additional 75% off that price.  YES!!! I paid less than $6 for this set.  Lucky me!
 
 
 
So there they are, my lucky finds in the past week.  Now, if I could just get my need to buy under control and just finish my current diorama, there will be photos to take.  I am a little side-tracked as I work on creating outfits for a Valentine's Day photo shoot.  I can hardly wait to show you!
 
Thanks for dropping by.  


4 comments:

  1. Wow, great finds! And the price of that doll is awesome! I look forward to your Valentine's Day post :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's so rare I luck out like this.

      Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. You found some really nice items in that $75 deal. And what can I say about the $6 SIS set, except congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!