Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Some Additions to the group

Today two new dolls arrived.  The first one is Chandra from the Sisters in Style (SIS) line.  Acquiring her actually finishes out the collection as I have the other three SIS dolls (one is repainted). 

I like that Chandra has curly hair and is articulated.  More posing possibilities.  I don't know if I will leave her named Chandra.  I really want to give everyone a name, but it just hasn't been a priority.  I want the names to be thoughtful and I will need to actually document names I choose for each doll so that I can get used to them and not mix things up.

So here's Chandra in her box. 

 

 
 
 
 
I have several girls, but if I'm going to have any public scenes or some photos of couples (dating, in a relationship, or whatever I need some males for), I need some more males.  The options for articulated males are limited.  Although I technically already had four males, one is Chip Farnsworth from Integrity and I'm not really impressed with him.  He's taller than the other males, which means he needs his own pants.  I'm not interested in giving him his own special wardrobe.  So I'm trying to sell him because I don't just dump dolls.
 
Anyway, I already have a Liam from the Flavas line and discovered that there are two additional versions of Liam (none of them look alike, thank Heavens).  So I purchased the two other versions (another reason everyone needs a name).  I don't like Tre from the line.  His eyes look too far apart, so I passed on him. 
 
Here's the first new Liam to arrive.  I like his clothes, although I swear his pants are sagging too low and the hat needs to go.  He will not be in this house with saggy pants! He will be able to wear the same clothes as everyone else (sorry, Chip).  But here is the doll soon to be formerly known as Liam...

 
 
Well, I will most likely de-box on the weekend.  I'm not in a hurry.  They'll wait.
 
Until next time, thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new dolls! Chandra is a beautiful girl. I agree with you about the saggy pants on the doll formerly known as Liam. I always shake my head when I see guys wearing their pants so their underwear shows. Like really, I don't need to see your underwear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I took him out of the box and discovered the pants aren't hanging, they are made to look saggy. I still think they are baggy, but he doesn't have to live in them. I was, however, disappointed to discover that his knees don't bend like his other reddish haired version. But at least his arms do.

      Delete
  2. Great new additions! Chandra is a beauty, her hair is lovely and I love her outfit. Great Flavas guy too. I have never understood the fun of wearing pants so low that they almost fall off, but apparently teenagers seem to like it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This Flavas guy isn't bad looking. He has an earring (not for long), because my ladies are a little more traditional about their men. If he plans to be with one, he'll have to dress and act the part.

      The pants are not sagging like they look. They are actually up to his waist, but I think they were made to look that way on purpose.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new dolls. I really need to start playing with my Chandra doll. She really is beautiful. Are you sure his pants are sagging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vanessa. Thank you.

      No, his pants aren't they just looked like it. He doesn't have to keep them on long, though. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new doll. I have been collecting the So In Style line since the beginning. Chandra has been my favorite from the first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kept seeing them, but my doll collecting direction before this past Fall was larger dolls, like toddlers and babies. Then, when I decided dioramas are my new thing, I had to switch to doll focus. So I'm catching up.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!