Thursday, February 12, 2015

A New Living/Hangout Space for the Group

I have been working on a living space for some of the dolls.  I started with some colors that could be considered a little on the Christmas side, but I think it turned out well.  While I had a basic concept of what I wanted to do, like using the Byer's Choice fireplace (which I love), I had to make it up as I went.

I made the chairs and sofas, the rectangular table and the TV stand.  I added some paint to the gold butterfly and the flower type pieces on the wall.  I also added some paper to a lid of a box to make the small display case.  I could go on about the project, but it's pretty much done.  I want to add some portraits, but my printer is giving me a hard time, so those will come later.  I also need to add something to a vase or two. 

So, without further adieu, I give you the living space (more photos in the Diorama section).






I just invested in a shelf unit so I can create whole living spaces (apartments, homes), instead of just disjointed rooms.  I am also going to create small 'scene' areas on the unit I have currently have so some of the dolls can remain there, but not just look bored.  Especially since they can't all fit in this one room.  It will take some time, but eventually, they will all have something to do or some place to be.

Thank you for stopping by.  ~ Jaye

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work, Jaye! I really like that Byer's Choice fireplace. Your dolls look very relaxed hanging out in the new space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. As much as I love that fireplace, all future fireplaces will be have to be false without the depth of this one. The back is huge and requires support.

      They seem to be enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  2. Great job. I love the colors, because the make the room feel warm and cozy. Loving the coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa. I've had this color scheme in my own living room. I really need to use some brighter colors moving forward.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!