Friday, February 6, 2015

New Arrivals

I believe I will be able to keep my purchase of dolls to a minimum this year.  I joined the W Club with Integrity Toys, so I am hoping I will be able to purchase some key items (like furniture or shoes) if I get to attend the conference in October.  If their dolls don't tempt me, I'll be fine.   And, with Mattel limiting their articulated dolls, unless the Barbie line comes up with a wonderful collector doll I just have to have, I will be fine.

However, they did just start selling a pretty, articulated doll and when I saw her, I thought, "What the heck?"  So I bought her.  The best thing about her is her feet can go from high heels to flat shoes.  Which means she can stand on her own.  Great for posing, except in the tight skirt they made for her.  It's tight like Morticia's dress (only good for the shuffle walk). 



She should fit in well with the group, although some of the other ladies may be a little jealous about her ability to do something for which they need assistance.  But they don't have to fear.  They'll still get assistance so they can pose in a standing position too. 

I also mentioned in a earlier post that while I don't want a lot of them, I do need some males in the group.  So I purchased the blonde male doll from the Flavas line.


Introducing Dylan and Isis
 

Well, that's my update for now.  As always, I truly appreciate your stopping by.  Until next time, take care.  ~ Jaye

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that you were able to get one of these! They are already out of stock on Mattel.com and I haven't seen them in any stores or other web sites (like TRU or Target) either. I am hoping they stock them again soon, cuz I am keeping my eyes open. I also joined the W Club this year. It would be a dream to go to the convention! Maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis, she was the only one on the shelf. And, as usual, I was aggravated while looking that there was a limited selection of brown dolls. Then I saw her.

      Maybe I'll see you at the convention. I'm hoping I'll be available when the message comes out since they spots sell out so fast.

      Delete
  2. You joined the W Club and are expecting not to be tempted by the dolls? LOL! Good luck with that one. Love both your new purchases. I like that this new Barbie line has the versatile feet. I wasn't planning to add any of these, but I may have to get one just to have one of the bodies for swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I'm going to try my best to resist too many purchases. Coincidently, I happened to have recently purchased a pack of 5 pairs of flat feet shoes. So Isis is in luck. She won't even have to fight over them with the other girls (she hopes).

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, you got the new Grace! Where did you find her? I've been checking online for her at least once a week for the past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jewell, I'm starting to see that she is quite the find. I was in Target just looking and there she was. I almost passed her up. I think she's cute, but that lip color needs to go. So after I finish honing my lip painting skills on my test dolls, she'll be sporting lips that are more muted.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!