Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ember's New Living Room

I'd like to introduce you to Ember Winters.  Ember is a mother to one daughter, Erwyn, who you'll meet later.  She is a widow who lost her husband a little over a year ago to a car accident.  That has made her decide to give up her position as a sales manager working for someone else and start her dream business - a modeling agency.  She's just starting out and moved back East to be closer to the city and her family. 

Ember is working on decorating the townhome she recently purchased.  It's not large, but it does have two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, bathroom and an extra room downstairs she will use as her office.  She is hoping her business will grow to the point where she can get a larger office in an office building, but for now, a home office will work just fine.

Here is Ember's new living room:


 

Items in the Room:
  • Loveseat, chair, table and shelf unit - Ikea
  • Curtains and flooring - made by me (floor is decorative paper)
  • Lamp - ornament with a submersible light hanging in it (Thanks to Joanne Thomas at My Little Big Chair )
  • Artwork - photo from a jewelry calendar, black & white items are buttons
  • Items on the shelves - painted and/or glued by me. 
  • The elephant is a plastic toy animal painted (I need more animals - paint is wonderful)
I'm really enjoying being challenged with decorating rooms, finding lighting solutions, and trying to work with smaller spaces.  I'll show you more of the townhouse as Ember finishes her decorating.  The house looks like a construction zone right now, but it will look good when she's done.  Her decorator is pretty good, so I've heard. :-)

Thank you for stopping by. ~ Jaye

2 comments:

  1. The living room is really great! Can't wait to see the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Phyllis. I'm trying to get it done so I can get back to making clothes for a little while. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!