Thursday, April 2, 2015

Erwyn's Bedroom and a Cool Find

I finished the third room in Ember's townhome - her daughter Erwyn's bedroom.  That's three down and three to go (Ember's office, kitchen and bathroom).  I still want to add a few things to Erwyn's room, but I figure it's just like a room in real life.  You do the major things and add a few changes or items later.

Here's Erwyn's princess themed bedroom:


 
These are views going from left to right.


Erwyn didn't want to miss a chance to get in a shot. See the cute scepter she keeps next to Tiana?
 
  • Bed, linens, curtains and scepter - made by me
  • Chest and rug - craft store items (I painted the chest)
  • Dollhouse - Little Tykes miniature house (I am looking for furniture to put in it)
I also wanted to share these lamps I found at Dollar Tree.  They are supposed to gather light from the room or sunlight and glow in the dark. 
 
 
This photo is sort of grainy, but I don't see much glowing in the dark.  The middle one did put off a little light.  But for a dollar, they will still work just for decoration.  I plan to start adding battery operated ceiling lights to rooms anyway.
I found the lamps by accident with the impulse buy items they put at the checkout lane.  They certainly got me this time. 
 
Well, that's all for now.  Thank you for stopping by. ~ Jaye


4 comments:

  1. Nice bedroom. I always enjoy the color combinations you come up with. That house is adorable. That's my first time seeing the Tikes version. I bought those lamps several months ago. Mine work really well. The room just has to be really dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa. I wish they sold furniture specific to that house, but they don't. At least I haven't found any. How strange.

      I'll try looking at the lamps again in true darkness and see how they glow.

      Delete
  2. Erwyn's princess-themed bedroom is just precious! I appreciate how you include details about the items in your dioramas. I was looking at those lamps in the store yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jewell. When I see dioramas other people make, sometimes I wonder if I can buy some of the items or I have figure out how to make them myself. So I have been trying to include that.

      Did you buy the lamps?

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!