Monday, May 11, 2015

Easter Photos - Better Late Than Never

I spent quite a bit of time preparing for Easter and then I didn't even post my 'hard' work.  So I thought I'd go ahead and share now. 

I found some baskets at a local thrift store which are the perfect size for the dolls.  I painted them in four different pastel colors and then I had to figure out how to make some candy.  I'm sure I'll eventually get better at making candy and other foods - well, after I actually practice - but I'm happy with my first try.


Showing off their Easter baskets, we have (left to right) Cameo Watanabe, Brenna Matthews, Amorie Watanabe, and Erwyn Winters. 
 


I used brown clay to make the chocolate bunnies, chocolate eggs and chocolate Kisses.  I had to buy and eat Hershey's Kisses to get the colored foil and - if you look closely, you can see the little strips hanging out of the wrapped Kisses. 

In the photo above, you can see the colorful swirled lollipop and the Peeps bunny in Amorie's hand, both made by me.  I tried to make Peeps chicks, but that didn't work out so well.  The bears and the chicks I found at the craft store. 

All in all, I think things turned out pretty well.  I'd really like to do wonderful spreads for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'd better to get to work on molding more clay.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

10 comments:

  1. Better than pretty well! I like the craftiness and how everything is styled. There is a lot of adorableness going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out nice, looks like your girls had fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ladonna. I think they had the most fun dropping things on the floor. :-)

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I love that you "had" to eat Hershey's Kisses to get the foil! Well worth the sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I am so committed to getting it right, I just had to use the real thing. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Great job! Everything turned out really nicely. I know they are going to be bouncing off the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa. No more candy until Christmas. Especially since they don't have a dentist.

      Delete
  5. Very sweet! I love the first picture. They all look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. They are lucky they got to stand on that chair. That's a no, no around here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!