Friday, June 5, 2015

Avoiding a Soap Opera Move

A few posts ago, I showed you an Asian Power Team guy I bought.  I have an issue with his having permanently attached shoes.  But I had a family in mind, with children, and I needed a man for the part.  I was going to use the Power Team guy, who would be married to Trillian, and just replace him later, if and when I found a guy who didn't have permanent clothes on his body.  Hence the reference to a soap opera.  For those of you who may not be familiar with soap operas, they keep the same characters and occasionally change the actor playing the character.  When they do it, they announce, "the part of so-and-so will now be played by (insert name here)."

Recently, I've been seeing a Japanese Samurai from Mattel who is handsome and whose clothes can all be removed. Which honestly wouldn't have mattered since I would have to re-body him for articulation (I don't know how to re-body the PT guys).  Anyway, I took the plunge and paid the money to get one nude.  So now, I don't have to introduce the Watanabes and switch out one doll for another.  No soap opera move needed.

Well when the new guy arrived today, this is what happened:


Power Team Guy:  It's not fair.  I was all ready for a wife and children.  I lose it because of some shoes that aren't my fault?
Me:  I know and I'm sorry.  But you don't have the family yet, so no harm, no foul.
Power Team Guy:  Please, I'm begging you.  Look at me begging like this, in the nude, nonetheless.
Me:  That reminds me.  Go put something on. I have some work to do.


Shin (the new guy): I'm so happy to be here.  Did you mention a new body and introducing me to my wife?  I'm ready!
Me:  Yes, I'm all prepped for surgery.  This will only take a few minutes and then you get to meet Trillian. 

As you can see above, Trillian and Shin really hit it off.  It was love at first sight.  They make a great couple.  I just have to provide the memory implants and background and they'll be good to go.


Yup!  They are looking really happy together.  We'll get around to family photos.

 Okay.  We get the point.  You're into each other.  Go get a room already!  Sheesh!
 



 
I was leaving to go eat dinner when I saw this.  The poor thing is taking the news really hard.  At least Marlin brought him some tissues.  She's so caring, but not interested in him at all.  Well, at least he put some clothes on.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  ~ Jaye
 


4 comments:

  1. I feel bad for your PT guy, but I have to say Trillian looks mighty pleased with her man. Who can blame her? Shin is my all time favorite of the Asian males Mattel has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jewell. He is very handsome. I wish Mattel would branch out more with their guys. More that are articulated and more with such handsome looks. I also hope they start implementing more cultures and skin tones for the males. Their male cheerleaders are good looking and articulated, so they need to create more like them.

    I have some supporting role dolls (like the Prettie Girls), so he can have a lady on his arm as a supporting role guy. But I'll wait to tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor PT. He really wanted that body! Lol! Maybe he will get the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Poor thing. If I can figure out how to rebody him, I'll get him a primary girl.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!