Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ember's Bathroom

I finished Ember's bathroom, which means I only have one more room to go in the townhouse - the kitchen.  YAY!!! The bathroom took me a while because I was stressing over the shower.  I had a vision for a modern shower with a glass door.  I had to tweak it. 

After building the shower and then buying one for later (just because I will need it), I think I may have to go through the stress of building one again, unless space doesn't allow it.  The shower I purchased (one from Mattel, mind you) doesn't even fit one daggone doll.  Can you believe that?  Oh, yeah, you can, because Mattel doesn't make things size appropriate for the dolls they sell anyway. But I digress.

I have to say that I actually love this bathroom. If it were mine in real life, I may have to take 3 soaking baths per day just to sit and take in the ambiance.  Well, without further ado, here are photos.

The lights are submersible lights held on a piece of cardboard by double sided tape and then held to the ceiling with double sided tape.  I can move them from room to room when I feel like it.  

I mixed up the paint color on the bathroom cabinet.  I just mixed pink and red and until I got a shade I like.
 
 



Yes, that is metallic duct tape around the window, the sides and the bottom. 
 


I made the blinds using a tutorial I found on this site - New England Miniatures.  I altered it a bit, but I like the way the blinds came out.  The fluffy rugs are from the top of a Christmas stocking I bought at the dollar store.  I found the tub at a thrift store months ago.  It was gold, bit spray painted it this glittery silver and made the faucet from beads.
 


The washcloths and towels are from baby washcloths I purchased at Dollar Tree.  I cut out product labels from ads and taped them to the bottles you see with labels.
 
That ends the tour of the bathroom. On to the kitchen!  Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. Great job on this bathroom. I got a tub similar to yours a while ago which is brass in color, but now that I have seen this, I will paint it to make a tub for my dolls! Also, I really like your shower. I made a similar one using a Barbie Basics doll box. I will have to take some pictures of that bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I will look for the photos of your bathroom and the newly painted tub.

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! So many awesome details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff. I am trying to make it look as real as possible. Next time I have to remember the outlets and light switch. :-)

      Delete
  3. This bathroom is amazing, great job! With all the details and accessories it looks so real, love it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome bathroom. Looks so real. :) The shower is amazing and love the blended color of the cabinet, so pretty. And thanks for sharing the link for the blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ember's bathroom! You did a great job making it very realistic. The flooring really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bathroom looks totally awesome! I would love to have a bathroom like this one also. Very cozy! Thanks for sharing the link for the blinds. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!