Friday, July 24, 2015

Cyann's Party Comes to an End

Cyann has set out desserts and her guests sit down in some of the rearranged chairs, now set in a circular formation so it's easier to see everyone.  Everyone is chatting randomly around the room while they enjoy desserts and drinks.

Craig:  This cheesecake is delicious.  I thought I was pretty full from dinner, but I have to find the room to finish this.
Chase:  Yes, the desserts are quite scrumptious.  The chocolate chip squares were quite memorable.
Syren:  Yup, everything was good. As much as I'd like to enjoy more, unfortunately, I have to get some sleep so I can get up and do some work tomorrow.  I have a big presentation Monday and I need to make sure I'm on point.
Henna: Are you okay to drive?  I saw you had quite a few drinks.
Syren:  Seriously, Henna?  I'm not five.
Ember (looking at Henna):  She looks pretty sober to me.  I'm sure she's fine.
Cyann:  She looks fine to me too.  Thanks for coming, Sy.
Syren:  Marlin, are you ready?
Marlin:  I'd like to stay a little longer.  That is if I can bum a ride from someone, please.
Ember:  I'll take you home.  I don't mind.

Syren:  Well that settles that.  Call me later, Marlin. Thanks, Ember. I had a good time.  We have to get together again soon as a group.  Maybe a girl's day out.
Cyann:  Yeah.  That sounds good.
Ember (to Syren):  Please don't forget about the movies next weekend.  Erwyn is looking forward to you taking her.
Syren:  I won't forget.  I'll call you.  Good night, Everyone.
Henna:  Be careful and if you feel a little drowsy...
Syren (interrupting):  I know.  I'll pull over, but I'm fine.  Good night.
Syren leaves as everyone says goodbye to her.  Cyann walks her to the door and checks on the girls, who are laying on the floor in Brenna's room dozing off.  Brooklyn is still sleeping too.

Henna:  So, Chambray, that's a pretty name by the way.
Chambray:  Thank you.
Henna:  So, do you do a lot of traveling.? Have you been to a lot of exotic places?
Chambray:  I've been to some very nice places. When I was a little girl, I never would have thought I'd be able to go further than 5 miles away from home.  It's amazing that what seems like a small twist in life can do for you.
Henna:  I agree.  So where specifically?
Chambray:  I've been to Tahiti, Australia, France, Italy, New Orleans.  New Orleans is exotic if you go into the bayou for some interesting photo shoots.  I was kinda worried though that either a gator would get me or some of my hair would end up on the wrong type of doll.
Henna (laughing):  Now that is funny.  Who do the voodoo that you do?
Ember (to Chase):  Do you get to go to any of these places with her?

Chase:  Unfortunately, I am usually working.  Therefore, I neither have the opportunity nor the pleasure to accompany Chambray.  I would truly enjoy being able to watch her as she works.
Parker: You have quite an interesting career.  Your beauty is worth money.  No wonder so many young girls aspire to be models.
Henna:  I'll say.  If only I were a little taller.

Cyann:  I'm surprised you let a little thing like that stop you, Henna.  I mean, considering your beauty and all.
Henna (smiling):  Well, I guess we all must have at least one flaw.  That would be mine.
Grayson (chuckling): Well, okay then. 
Marlin:  If that's your flaw, it's such a small one.  You're beautiful.
Henna:  Aaw!  Thank you!
Cyann (rolling her eyes):  Oh, boy. Please do not blow up her head.
Henna (waving her hand to dismiss Cyann's comment):  Whatever, Cyann.
Cyann decides to have a seat next to Chase.

Chase:  Grayson has shared with me that you are able to stay at home to raise your children.  That must be enjoyable.  Do you ever think you would like to work outside the home?
Cyann:  I have thought about it at times.  I think it would be nice to get paid for using some of my skills.  But I love being able to see the new things they learn and watch them grow.  I also think I can share that with Grayson when he comes home, so it's like he isn't missing much either. 


Marlin:  Avery, I hope we can keep in touch.  You seem pretty nice and I'd like to get to know you better.  I have a few girlfriends and I think having more would help me get out more.
Avery:  Sure.  I'd like that.  I may also have to stop by the restaurant where you work and taste a few things.
Marlin:  Let me know when and if I am working, I'll see if I can get you a discount.

Chambray:  Chase, Honey, I'm getting tired.  I know we got here a little later than planned, but would you mind if we head home?
Chase:  Certainly we can excuse ourselves, Chambray.  Not that you need it, but I understand you would like your beauty sleep.
Ember:  I'm sorry you have to go.  It was great to meet you both.  Hopefully Chambray and I can get together some time and talk business.
Chambray:  We can definitely get together.  Give me a call next week and we'll set something up.  I'll do what I can to help you out.
Chase stands up and extends his hand to Cyann and she responds in kind.

Chase:  We appreciate your invitation and the chance to spend time with you and your friends.  It has been a lovely evening.
Cyann:  I'm glad to hear that.  I'm sure with your lifestyle, the other parties you usually go to are much more upscale. 
Chase: That is true.  However, those parties also require a certain type of etiquette to be displayed at all times.  You are constantly aware of who is who and how to ensure your interactions are politically correct.  Here I have felt more relaxed, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.
Cyann:  Well, we are a relaxed and easy bunch.  Thank you for coming.

Grayson stands up and talks to Chambray.
Grayson:  I hope you enjoyed the evening.  Thank you for coming.
Chambray:  I had a good time.  You're all good company. 
Grayson:  I can take the glass from you.  Would you like anything to take home?
Chambray:  Thank you, but if I take something, I'll eat it.  I have to watch the inches.  You lose out on gigs if you gain an ounce. 
Grayson takes the glass from Chambray and sets it on the table.  Chambray heads toward the hallway where Chase is standing waiting for her.

 
Chase:  Grayson, if it is true, as they say, that a gentleman's home is his castle and his wealth is determined by his family and friends, I must say you have a beautiful queen and you are very wealthy.  You certainly have the things a man aspires to have.
Chambray (laughing):  In around the way speak, your house is poppin', your friends and family seem down and people wish they were you.
Everyone laughs. Chambray and Chase say good night to everyone and Grayson walks them to the door.
 
Henna (to Ember speaking softly):  Well, he certainly is proper.  But I like seeing the two of them be so different and together.  They make a cute couple.
Ember:  Well, if it is true, as they say, opposites attract, then they are surely the ideal couple.
They chuckle at Ember's reference to Chase's proper manner of speaking, but not in a mean way.
Everyone continues talking for a while.

Parker:  So, Henna, you have a sister who is a Marketing Manager and one who is opening her own talent agency.  What do you do for a living?
Henna: I'm an interior designer for select high-end clientele.  I work with corporations looking to design new office space or redesign old space.  I also work for private clients who would like their homes designed.  Plus, I am certified in efficient space use and planning.
Parker: You and your sisters are all talented.  Your parents must be very proud.

 
Ember:  Our parents did teach us to do our best, value hard work and discipline, and learn from our mistakes.
Henna:  Oh, is that how you remember it?  I somehow remember it being more like, you had better come in with good grades and stay out of trouble or suffer the wrath and in order to avoid the wrath, you had better not make any more mistakes.
Parker (smiling):  Well, I guess it's all in the interpretation.

Everyone laughs. 

Avery:  Craig, I think we should be going.  It's getting late.  Aviana is probably sleep. 
Craig:  Okay, Babe.
Avery:  Are you okay to drive?  If not, Parker or I can drive.
Craig:  I'm fine.  I only had a few beers and all the food I ate seems to have sopped it up.
Avery:  Okay.  Can you get Aviana so you can carry her to the car, please?
Craig:  Sure, Babe.  I'll go get her.
Craig announces to the group that they are leaving and he stands up.

Grayson:  I'll go with you, Craig.  I need to check on the girls anyway.  Do you guys want some food to go?
Avery:  I am going to stop in the kitchen on the way out and grab some desserts.  Don't worry about it.  I'm fine getting it myself.
Ember:  I think I'll be going too.  It is late and I should get Erwyn home.  I'll come with you too so I can carry that heavy little girl to the car.

Parker:  Well, I have to go where my ride is going, so I'm leaving too.  I can carry her to the car for you.  No need to strain yourself.  That is if you don't mind.
Ember:  That's kind of you to offer.  I appreciate it.  Are you sure you don't mind?
Parker:  No problem. I'm sure I lift at least five or ten times her weight on a regular basis.  This is a piece of cake.
Ember:  Okay.  Then I will take you up on that offer.  Thank you.

Marlin (thinking to herself):  Wow!  He is not only handsome and muscular, he's also a gentleman.  I need to figure out how to get his attention. He is Mr. Right!
 
Marlin: Do you work out often, Parker?  How much do you lift?
Parker:  I lift in the low 100s, I just do lots of reps.  I bench press around 300 on a regular basis. 
Marlin:  Wow!  That is impressive.  I think it's important to stay in shape. I try to stay active too.  Working in a restaurant, I am always around food, so I work hard to watch that I balance with some exercise.
Parker:  That's a good idea.
Craig (whispering to Grayson):  Did you hear that?  She is on the prowl.
Grayson (whispering back):  Just keep walking.
 
Avery:  I'm going to get some desserts.  Anything in particular you'd like me to get for you?
Parker:  Chase was right about the chocolate chip cookie squares, so I'll take some of that.  And that raspberry tart type thing, I'll take that too, please.
Marlin:  It was very nice meeting you, Parker.  I hope to you see you again.
Parker (to the room):  Yes, it was nice meeting everyone.  I'm sure I'll see you again.
Parker says good night and everyone says good night back.  He leaves to go find Grayson and Craig and get Erwyn for Ember.

Ember (to Cyann):  Thank you so much for everything.  I had a lot of fun, met Chambray, who can be of some help in my business and everyone else who came.  I really appreciate your doing this for me.
Cyann:  Hey, that's what family is for.  I love ya, Girl.
Avery (to Marlin):  So you seem to be very interested in my brother.  I can't get a read on what he's thinking, but I tell you what, how about I invite you over for lunch or dinner or something when he's there?
Marlin:  Yes, I would love that.  It would give him a chance to know more about me.
Avery:  Okay.  I'll put your number in my phone as soon as I get my purse out of the closet.  But it will just be the one time.  Anything after that is between you two.
Marlin:  Of course.  Thank you so much!

Henna:  It would be nice to have a get together for just the girls at some point.  So let's make sure we do that.
Avery:  That would be great!  We have to make it happen.
Marlin:  Thank you for letting me come.  Ember, thank you for letting me stay longer and taking me home. 
Ember:  No problem.  Speaking of staying longer, I don't want to leave Parker waiting to put Erwyn in the car.  So let's go.
Everyone heads to the door, they stop to get their purses back and exchange numbers.  Then everyone leaves.


Grayson stays outside talking to Craig for a while longer, while Cyann comes back to the living room to start cleaning up.  She takes the food, drinks and other items to the kitchen then returns to start folding up the chairs.  Grayson comes back in and stops her.
Grayson:  Why are you folding up the chairs?  I'll take care of them.  You've already done enough. 
Cyann:  Okay.  Thank you.  I take it Brooklyn is still asleep?
Grayson:  Yep.  Brenna was sleeping on the floor, so I put her in the bed.  Let's have a seat so you can relax for a minute.
They sit close on one of the sofas.

Grayson:  So are you happy you had your party?  It was pretty nice.
Cyann:  Yes.  I'm really glad Chambray came.  I think she's going to help Ember.  And I think she and Chase make an interesting couple.
Grayson:  Yeah.  I don't know much about her.  We are usually talking business when I see him, but I think she's pretty cool.  But speaking of couples, and now that you can't do much about it, Marlin seems to be interested in Parker.
Cyann:  Yeah, I noticed that she was flirting a little.  Hey, what do you mean about me doing much about it?  Do you think I would have tried to get involved and set them up?
Grayson:  Maybe, if you saw the opportunity. 
Cyann:  I was too busy and too tired to even think about it.
Grayson:  So...how tired are you? 
Cyann:  Hmmm?
Grayson:  Do you have any energy left for some wrestling?

Cyann giggles and puts her arm around Grayson and her leg on his so she can get closer.
Cyann: Well, I don't have enough for any stunts, but I think have enough to enjoy being pinned down.
Grayson:  That's enough for me.
 
The rest isn't exactly G or even PG rated, so we'll be leaving the rest up to your imagination. 
 
Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


12 comments:

  1. Ah, some romance after the party :-)! It was a great party, I hope Parker and Marlin get together! The desserts sounded so good, made me hungry :-)! You have a great way of telling your stories and interesting characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. We shall see how it goes with Marlin and Parker. She seems really excited about him.

      Delete
  2. Nice conclusion to the party! It looks like some new friends were made and maybe even a budding romance. Your dio turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I thought it would help as I introduce new characters. As soon as I get a few more spaces together, they can interact more and more people can be introduced.

      Delete
  3. I'm concerned about all that drinking and driving but that was a very nice party. Not too fancy and not straight hood like I'm used to lol,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Muff. I don't think they really drank that much. But you do have to be careful. I hope they have some more parties later. Maybe some holiday stuff. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. I love a good doll party. Grayson and Cyann make a cute couple. Nice mix of characters, too. Lol. Hope Marlin is able to snatch Parker up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa. It's funny. You have to start to see them as almost real people so you can give them a personality they can exhibit. I know you know. It gives them (faux) life.

      Delete
  5. Like Muff, I'm worried about the drinking and driving...especially at night time. But I'm glad their friends and family asked if they felt fit to drive. I like how you used this party to introduce several characters at once. I'm interested to see if Parker is feeling Marlin as much as she is clearly feeling him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell. I am hoping these adults can stay responsible each time they party. Yes, it will be interesting to see how things pan out. Marlin is very excited about him.

      Delete
  6. I love Cyan and Grayson as a couple! Nice party!! I was concerned about the drinking and diving also, but your comment to Muff cleared it up. Looking forward to more parties. You really know how to throw one! Your attention to detail is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl. I do think Cyann and Grayson have a nice vibe with each other. If I can figure out how to make food out of my air dry clay, the dishes served will be on and poppin'!

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!