Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cyann's Party In Full Swing

Grayson is off changing Brooklyn's diaper and checking on the girls as long as he's in the bedroom area.  Cyann has been in the kitchen setting out food and drinks.  Although there are some drinks in the living room, she has several others in the kitchen, including some individual frozen drinks she will make to order for the ladies.  The doorbell rings and Cyann answers it.  Craig and Avery have arrived. Cyann asks them to go ahead into the living room and introduce themselves so she can finish up in the kitchen.
 
Ember and Syren have been chatting with each other and Marlin.
 
 

Avery: Hi!  I'm Avery and this is my husband, Craig.  Which one of you is Ember?
Ember: Hi.  I'm Ember and this is Syren, my sister.
Avery:  I can see the resemblance.  It's very nice to meet you.  Cyann talks about you, especially when she mentions being a teenager.  Welcome back!
Ember:  Thank you.  (points to Marlin) Do you know Marlin?
Avery:  No, I don't.  Hello, Marlin.


Craig:  Hi.  It's nice to meet all of you.
Marlin:  Hi.  It's nice to meet you too.
Syren:   The more the merrier. Avery, maybe you can share stories Cyann told  about these two as teenagers that she wouldn't have told me and I can't get out of Ember.
Avery (chuckling):  Well, now that we're all introduced, I'm going to have a seat by Marlin and we can chat.
Craig: Ladies, please excuse me.  I'm going to find Grayson.  I'm just a little outnumbered right now.  I'll be back.
Craig leaves the room and Avery has a seat to start talking and learning more about Ember, Syren and Marlin.

Avery:  So, Ember, Cyann told me you are an entrepreneur.  How are things with your business?
Ember:  So far, I'm still setting up things, but actively trying to get models on my roster for potential clients.  It's been pretty challenging.  I had a couple of appointments that didn't go very well.  But one of those actually ended up resulting in a great possibility. 
Avery:  Well, I guess you have to take the good with the bad.  But for every few flops, you'll get at least one good one.  I have the same issue with photography.  I have to take 10-20 photos, just to get that one perfect shot.
Ember:  You're a photographer?  I could use one for portfolios.  I've contacted some photographers, but they can be pricey, so I keep looking around.
Avery: Well, I don't do it very much professionally anymore, but I do submit for magazines.  It paid off big at one point, it's how I met my husband.  But I am a part-time paralegal so I can be home with Aviana.  I'm even able to do a lot of work from home, which works out well.  I haven't done portfolios, but I can give it a try.
Ember:  That was a big payoff.  Maybe you could just start with considering one portfolio and then we can see how that goes.
Avery:  Sure, let's exchange...
 
The conversation is postponed as a good looking, muscular man enters the room.  It's Parker, Avery's older brother, carrying his niece, Aviana, on his shoulders.
Aviana:  Mommy!  Look how tall I am now!
Avery:  I see that.  I also see you got a little help to be that tall.
Parker:  Hello, Ladies.  I'm sorry to interrupt. 
Syren:  That's okay.  Hi. 
Parker:  I'm Parker, currently serving as Aviana's height extender.


Marlin (whispering to Avery):  Mmm.  He is handsome. 
Avery:  That's what the women say.  Everyone, Parker is my brother.  Parker, (points to Marlin) this is Marlin (points toward Ember and Syren), Syren and Ember. Parker is staying with us for a little while.  He just got out of the military.
Everyone says hello to Parker.  Avery gets up to attend to her daughter.

Avery:  Come on, Avi.  Let's go see if we can get you something to eat and get you set up with the girls.  Remember, you get to play with Brenna tonight?  I expect you to be a good girl and I'll check on you.
Aviana:  Okay. Mommy.  I saw hot dogs when we were in the kitchen.  I want one.
Parker:  That's what side tracked us from following right behind you.  After Cyann let us in, she talked to me for a few minutes and then I met Grayson too.  It was nice to meet them and nice of them to let me come.  They seem like good people.
Avery:  Of course.  What kind of people do you think I hang out with?
Avery takes Aviana and heads to the kitchen, where Craig is talking to Grayson and Cyann has already given Erwyn and Brenna food.  Cyann comes to the living room and asks everyone to come get something to eat.  They all head to the kitchen, fill up their plates, get drinks and take seats at the table.  In between eating, Avery helps Brenna, Erwyn and Aviana get cleaned up and settled in Brenna's room.

Parker is seated with Craig, Syren, and Cyann, who just finished feeding Brooklyn and is giving her a bottle.  Plates are filled with chicken, quiche, pizza, rolls and a few other items the guests are enjoying.   Everyone at each table is engaged in conversations.
 
Parker: So now that I'm out of the military, I'm going to get something steady and think about whether I'm staying in the area or not.  But for now, I at least need something with cash flow so I can get my own place.  I've been able to get some contract work.  So I have some income.  And I have several interviews lined up.
Syren:  Well, I'll keep my eyes open.  You said you like more hands on work, not office, right?
Parker:  Thanks. Yes, I fix things.  I'm thinking technician.  I am an electrician with some construction skills.  I'd like my own business, but for now, I'm content with just steady. 
Syren:  Sometimes the men I date know of jobs.  I'll see what I can do.


Grayson:  Avery, you should talk Craig into going camping and we can all go camping together this year.  I'd like to try it out.
Avery (laughs):  First you have to talk me into wanting to go.  He may be open to it, but unless the accommodations are luxurious, I am not in.
Grayson: Just think how fun it will be to be so close to nature.
Avery:  If I want to be close to nature, I'll lay on some grass or sniff a flower or even lay on the beach.  That's close enough for me.
Syren:  Do you hear that over there, Craig? 


Craig:  Whatever Grayson is trying to talk Avery into, he's going to have a hard time doing it if it doesn't involve shopping or being pampered.
Cyann:  I wouldn't worry about it anyway.  He still has to talk me into it and if it doesn't involve shopping or pampering, I'm not in either.
Everyone at the table laughs.

Grayson:  How about if I make sure you shop before and get pampered after?
Cyann:  Nice way to involve what I want.  Still not gonna happen.
Parker:  Well, you can't blame him for trying.  It's an experience or sure.  I've had to camp out and rough it.  It's really not all it's cracked up to be, but it's okay.
Cyann:  See, Babe?  And he was paid to do it.

Marlin (to Avery):  I'm assuming your brother is single, right?
Avery:  Yes, he is.  He did a lot of traveling and had some women, but not too many got to the point of being serious.  Although a couple may have been close to getting a ring. 
Marlin:  Well, maybe their loss can be someone else's gain.  I mean, maybe he wasn't ready to settle down then. and now that he isn't traveling, it will be easier.  He seems like a good guy.
Avery:  He is to me.  But I'm a little partial to my big brother.  He's always been there to take care of me, so I will always think he's a good guy.  But I do hope he finds someone. It will be nice to have some nieces and nephews.  I also would like to see him treated well by someone.  I think he could make someone very happy.
Marlin has a big thoughtful grin her face.

Cyann:  Gray, Brooklyn's getting tired...finally.  It looks like everyone is about done eating.  I'm going to get her into PJs, lay her down and check on the girls.  Would you mind making sure the tables get cleared?  And take one out so we'll have more room in here.
Grayson:  Okay. 
Cyann:  I'll put dessert out too. 
Craig:  What do you do for a living, Syren?
Syren:  I'm a Marketing Manager.  I spend a lot of time analyzing how to get people to buy. 
Craig:  I always figured there was a science to it.

Syren:  In a way there is, but it's all about asking questions in focus groups and watching trends.  Even seeing who the big stars are this year and predicting who is on the rise.  What is it about those people that makes people interested in them?  We need to analyze all sorts of things.
Craig:  Interesting.
Parker (to Cyann and Grayson):  I meant to say something sooner, but I guess I got caught up.  I really appreciate your inviting me here.  Your children are adorable and it's nice relaxing and meeting new people.  Avery has nothing but good things to say about you.
Cyann:  Thanks, Parker.  You're so welcome.  Avery's my girl.
Cyann stands up to take Brooklyn to bed:  Please excuse me.  I have to free up my arms.  Ember and Avery, I'm going to check on the girls and put out dessert.
Ember:  I'll come with you and help in a minute.  I'm just going to finish these last couple of bites.
Avery:  Me too. 

 
Cyann leaves and Grayson gets up to ask the guys if they can help move the table out and move the chairs around.
Craig:  Sure.  Then I'll re-energize with another beer.
Grayson:  You got it.  We have some stronger stuff too. 
Syren:  Well, I'll start clearing plates.
Marlin: I'll help you.  Besides, I want to get a peek at desserts.
Avery:  Okay.  Then us girls can clear away the plates while you guys reorganize.
The ladies grab up plates and empty cans and cups and head for the kitchen.

Craig (to Parker):  Maybe we should wait for Marlin to return so she can see you flex your muscles moving the table.
Parker:  What are you talking about?
Craig:  Avery told me she thinks you're handsome.  Sounds like she's interested.
Parker:  Just because she thinks I'm handsome, doesn't mean she's interested.  Besides, I don't know if I'm attracted to her.
Craig:  Well, I guess you'll know if she's interested if she finds a way to talk to you.  We'll see.

Grayson: Don't give Cyann any ideas to start playing matchmaker.  She doesn't normally do that, but if she sees an opportunity, she may just take it. 
Parker:  Thanks, but I'm not really looking right now.  I just need to get myself set up before I can even consider women.  I've had enough of wasting time on unnecessary dates.
Craig:  Okay. Time will tell. (to Grayson) Where are we taking the table? 
Grayson:  I'll show you.

To be continued...(I just figured out I have to do at least 4 parts to get in everything and everyone - Man, parties can be long.)

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! It would be nice to see if Parker and Marlin makes a connect. It is obvious that she is digging him. A camping trip sounds like a lot of fun....to create with the dolls. Lol!! I am not into actually doing it myself. Looking forward to seeing more of the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. Yes, it seems Marlin likes what she sees. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. Mmm...maybe there is a little bit of love in the air? Great part two, looking forward to the next episode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Parker's a good guy. He could use a steady woman to settle down with.

      Delete
  3. "If I want to be close to nature, I'll lay on some grass or sniff a flower or even lay on the beach. That's close enough or me." This made me LOL so hard! Great read and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff. I don't know what it is about guys and roughing it. Maybe just the guys should go one weekend while the ladies 'rough' it at the spa.

      Delete
  4. It's fun getting to know the characters through their party conversations. Looking forward to the next part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell. Now that part three is down, I need to finish the end. At least of the party, that is.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!