Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Miss Madison's 'Learn and Play Care Center'

I actually finished Ember's kitchen, but since I am waiting on a few detail items to arrive for it, I will skip showing it for now.  Ember's happy, by the way, she can stop eating out now.  Erwyn was enjoying the increased McDonalds

As I waited, I thought it would be pretty simple to go ahead and work on the small daycare center Madison owns.  Aviana goes there and loves Miss Madison, as do her other wards.  It's a small simple center since Miss Madison only has a few children.  Maybe one day she will be able to expand, but right now, she's managing just fine.

Here are some photos of the center:



 To the left is the Wall of Accomplishments - Where the children (who can hold a crayon) post their drawings and art projects.

 In the middle is the Wall of Encouragement.

 This is a better shot of the Wall of Encouragement.
 

 The Wall of Learning - Miss Madison writes inspiring messages here, tips for good behavior and some simple learning items like the alphabet, small words for reading and numbers.
 
 The crib was white, pink and purple.  Too many colors.  Had to tone that down some.
 
 The high chair back and seat were bright orange and the storage unit was bright pink.  I toned down the colors so the other important items in the room can pop.  The colors on the storage unit match Madison's chair, which was a bearable yellow, but why not make it match something as long as I was painting.  I added some color to the 'stuffed' animals.  The rabbit was all yellow, so I panted the feet, eyes and carrot. 

 I painted some colors on the Xylophone. I left the chairs pink since Miss Madison only has girls right now.  But don't worry, there are some white chairs in case a boy or two arrives.
 
 Another full shot to try to get everything in the frame. 

In case you want to know:
  • The children's artwork is from Google Images.
  • The items on the Wall of  Encouragement are scrapbook stickers from Dollar Tree.
  • The carpet is textured paper
  • The small black boards with the apples are from cupcakes my daughter wanted at the store.  Talk about timing!
 Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye & Madison

15 comments:

  1. Very cute child care center! Very realistic. I love all the attention to detail and all the little areas focused on a skill or a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I love how I'm learning to be more creative.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Jaye, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great job, it looks beautiful! I love all the little things you enhanced, such as the rabbit :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I've been collecting items for a day care center for over a year and still haven't made one. The poor couple who own the place have never even appeared on my blog...maybe next year! You've given me some ideas. You have a great eye for details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jewell. It will be nice to see your day care center.

      Delete
  5. It's full of details,perfect!I love the black board!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana. I just visited your site and bookmarked it. It's cute.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet little place for kids, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The day care looks great Jaye! You did an amazing job with the furniture and that cute little yellow bear. Your scenes/sets are always nice...great details! I love it!! I look forward to seeing it filled with children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. I am learning how to paint in several lighter coats instead of rushing through and spraying on as much as I can at once. Patience is paying off.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!