Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tagged, I'm It! Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

 
So today, my notice of a new post for Doll-lightful popped up in my e-mail (while I was on the Ipad).  I was De-lighted as I thought it was another episode and ran to my laptop as I get a better view on it. After all, I need to know what happened next with Deirdre and Walter (if you don't know, go check it out - here).  It wasn't an episode, but still a nice surprise.
 
Jewell tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!  So I have to get in on the fun.  So here it goes:
 
1. Which doll is the one that started it all for you?
 
Darned if I remember.  I've loved dolls since I was a child.  I wasn't allowed to have many, so you would think I remember. 
 
 
2. Why did you start a doll blog?
 
I love writing and I love dolls.  I feel like I get to enjoy my love for both while sharing it with others.  It's all wrapped into my doll hobby.  I was so gleefully happy when I realized last year that there were MANY other adults who love dolls and still want to play with them like I do.  Blogging allows me to share what I find, what I do and the stories in my head.  I was, of course, encouraged by many other doll bloggers whose sites I am addicted to reading.
 
3. Do you collect anything besides dolls?
 
Nope, just dolls.  I used to collect clearance items (of anything, it just had to be clearance and really cheap).  Anything to save a buck, but now my quest for a bargain is more focused on collecting items for dioramas.
 
4. What kind of movies do you like to watch?
 
Old, new, sci-fi, drama, tearjerker, funny, biographic, just about anything as long as the subject and story draw me in and don't let me step away.
 
5. What's your favorite song from a movie soundtrack?
 
Wow!  That's a tough one.  I love 'I Won't Say I'm in Love' from the movie 'Hercules' and 'Part of Your World' from The Little Mermaid.  I sing them both sometimes just for the fun of it.  Yes, I still love cartoons/animation too. 
 
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
 
I think the East Coast in the States is fine if we're talking geography.  However, I would love to upgrade to a (not so mini) mini-mansion with an indoor pool.
 
7. If money were no object, what doll related purchase would you make right now?
 
Can we make that purchases?  I need a shopping spree for many of the 1/6 scale furniture item I have seen from talented people and get a few houses made based on my own specifications.  Maybe build a little town with a mixture of city high rise towers and the suburbs.  Oh, and a mall, of course.
 
8. If you could have any celebrity made into a doll, who would it be?
 
Nope, not really into worrying about that type of thing.  I really like one of a kind dolls.
 
9. Do you prefer your dolls boxed or deboxed? Why?
 
De-boxed all the way. I can't enjoy them in the box.  I don't think they like it in there either.  They should be free, free as the wind blows, free as the grass grows....
 
10. Which doll is the one that got away? This should be a doll you decided to pass on purchasing, sell or give away and you regret that decision.
 
Dominique Makeda.  She is gorgeous and I want her.  I would have to re-body her because I think she comes on the FR2 body which I find freakishly tall.  She could just be regular FR size or even on a Mattel body.  I have enough issues just trying to sew clothes for the girls who can wear around the same size.  She's expensive IF and when someone puts her up for sale.  Hence the reason I have passed on her.
 
I'm supposed to tag people, but I think just about everyone  has been tagged, so here's my tag:
 
If you're reading this, you blog and you haven't participated yet (or just feel like answering some different questions), consider yourself officially tagged!
 
Here are the questions:
 
1. How many dolls do you typically buy in a year?
2. How many doll groups do you belong to on Facebook or another site?
3. Do you have a favorite line of dolls?  What is the line and why?
4. Do your dolls have a room all to themselves?
5. Do you have a Flickr account so you can post photos of your dolls and doll related items ?
6. If you could quit your job and make money just focusing on doll things (selling, creating dioramas, etc) would you?
7. If money were no object, what doll related purchase would you make right now?
8. If you could go to any one doll convention in the world what convention would it be?
9. Do you make items for your dolls from scratch? If so, what items do you make?
10. What size and/or type of dolls do you prefer to collect?
 
As always, thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jaye, it was great reading and finding out a little bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun read. Glad you participated. You learn so much about people on post like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa. I've been enjoying reading the other blogs with different questions. You're right, you learn some cool things.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you chose to participate! The Soundtrack to The Little Mermaid is imo one of the best Disney soundtracks ever, and 'Part of Your World' was the first song I memorized from the movie. Love your idea for what you'd buy with unlimited funds. I'm SO behind on just about everything because it's the first week of school, but I hope to have the next installment posted this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination, Jewell! It was fun. I will wait patiently for the next installment. Sometimes real life just has to take precedence over doll lives. But I love the stories.

      Delete
  4. "Maybe build a little town with a mixture of city high rise towers and the suburbs." That would so be me if I had the time and money. Great reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be so cool, Muff? I am so jealous of some other bloggers and doll group members who I have seen with several living areas and homes laid out for their dolls. I know it takes a while, but I'm working to get close to what I'd like to have.

      Delete
  5. You are hilarious! It is great getting to know you. I love your blog. It shows that you are having so much fun with your dolls and that is how it is suppose to be. I was like "I feel you" to the majority of your answers. Looking forward to your next dollie post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. I love that I don't have feel like this crazy grown up who just couldn't give up her dolls because that's what I was supposed to do.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!