Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Zenia Glass Interviews with Ember

Ember is excited to be meeting with another candidate to join her agency.  She has been in contact with Jye and working on getting her some jobs.  Things are about to start getting very active for her.  She was recently contacted by a new candidate, Zenia Glass, who said she was referred by someone, but wanted to give more details after arriving. Zenia is 5 feet, 10 inches, a great height for a model.  As it turns out, she's the same height as Jye who thought for some reason she was shorter. The heels seem deceiving sometimes.
 
 Ember has brought Zenia into her office to get started with their meeting.
 

Ember:  I'm so glad to meet you.  You are beautiful and just the right height and frame for modeling.
Zenia:  Thank you.  I am fortunate height and looks seem to be somewhere in my genes.
Ember:  Well, that's very fortunate for sure.  You certainly seem to be a great fit for modeling from what I see.  But what I'd really like to find out is if Journey Talent Agency is the right fit for you.
Zenia:  I hope so.


Zenia:  I really want to break into modeling.  I think I can be good at it.  I am truly passionate about it and I don't think about doing anything else.
Ember:  Well, let's talk and then we'll go from there.  I plan to give my personal attention to each and every talented person with whom I work.  I don't plan to let anyone get lost or feel like a number or just a pay check for me. 
Zenia:  You do have to get paid and I know you need to make money from your models.  But I really like that you want to give each model your personal attention because it means a lot to know I wouldn't get lost among a lot of other people.
Ember:  Absolutely. Let's have a seat and talk.
They both sit down.

Zenia:  I love your dress and your shoes.  You look very nice.
Ember: Thank you.  I'm actually dressed because I'm meeting a business contact I recently met this evening, Chambray Andrews, the model.  I'm not trying to name drop, but I'm a little excited about working with a top model.  Which is something I hope to help each of my models become.
Zenia laughs.  She's chuckling about something Ember said and Ember gives her a puzzling look.
Zenia: I'm sorry.  I just had a thought.

Ember (not sure what to make of it):  That's okay.  So tell me about yourself.
Zenia:  I have been out of school for a year.  I have been working in a doctor's office as a receptionist.  People always seem to be amazed to see me.  Some have even said I should be a model. I look up everything I can about modeling and I haven't been able to move to get closer to other agencies, which makes yours perfect. 
Ember:  You do realize you will travel and you will need to get a passport if you don't have one.
Zenia:  I don't have one, but I can get one.  I would love to travel.  I'll do whatever I need to do to get a professional assignment.
Ember:  Are you okay with semi-nude or tasteful nude modeling?
Zenia: No problem.  Whatever I need to do.

Ember:  I want to go over my normal introduction of the Journey Talent Agency with you.  These are my open photo spots for models in the agency. I'm hoping I have to add additional frames soon or update the wall to accommodate everyone, but I don't want to become so big, I cannot handle that personal touch I want to provide.
Then Ember does her normal introduction and review of the Journey Talent Agency. Zenia listens intently as Ember speaks.

Ember:  Now that we have reviewed that, do you have your portfolio?
Zenia:  Yes.  I have done just a little work locally for some small businesses, but nothing huge.  So there are some good photos in here.
Ember: Well, that's something.  You should be proud of that.
Zenia:  Thank you.


Zenia:  I hope this is professional enough. I did get some advice on what to include.  I want to be honest, I had a little professional advice.
Ember:  That's good.  Use all of your resources.

Ember:  These are good.  I think we can definitely get you several assignments.
Zenia:  I'm so happy to hear that.  I do want to tell you something now.  I hope you don't mind.
Ember:  Of course not.  What is it?
Zenia: I wanted to get a chance for you to get to know me on my own.  Remember when I laughed earlier about name dropping?
Ember (curiously): Yes?
Zenia:  Well, I wanted to see if you liked me first before I told you that Chambray is my aunt.  She's my father's sister.
Ember's eyes get wide.  She is pleasantly surprised.
Ember:  Really?  Well, that is funny.  You could have told me, but I understand why you didn't.  Did she tell you to contact me?
Zenia:  Yes, she did.  She told me that you are starting a business and needed models.  She wouldn't give me any help by setting me up with her agency, because she wanted me to feel I had accomplished doing something on my own.
Ember:  Well... (Then Ember's phone rings before she can continue.)

 
Ember:  I'm sorry to interrupt our conversation, but here is Chambray calling right now.  Talk about timing.  Please excuse me for a minute.
Ember answers the phone and speaks with Chambray:  Hi... Yes, I will be there, I just have to wrap up my current interview.....great, I'm looking forward to seeing you.  We have a lot to talk about.... I'll see you soon....goodbye.

Ember:  I didn't want to mention that you are here right now, but I am sure it will be a topic of our conversation this evening.  I will be pleased to tell your aunt that she did me a big favor by sending you to see me. 

Ember:  So I do want you to join us here.  I think you will be a great fit.  Not because of your aunt, but because I believe you are right for my model roster. What are your thoughts?


Zenia (grinning):  I'm very excited!  I won't let you down.  This is my dream and I will do whatever it takes.
Ember:  I believe that.

 
Zenia points to the magazines sitting on the small table next to her.
Zenia:  I so want to be on the cover of one of these at least once in my life.  I think you can help get me there.  Just tell me what to do!
Ember:  We'll get there.  I just need you to be on time, be courteous to clients and be open to opportunities.

Zenia: I can do that.  I just have one request.  With all of this hair, which I do take good care of by the way, I have to keep bangs.  Having long hair in the front just gets in the way.  Can I keep my bangs? We can do whatever with the rest of my hair, but I hate having to keep moving hair out of my face because it's so long.

 
Ember (laughing about Zenia's concern about her hair): I think we can work around that.  I can't promise you won't be asked to wear wigs for the effect some clients may go for, but keeping your bangs won't be a problem.  They are pretty cute on you.



Zenia (relieved):  Okay.  That works for me.  Wigs are okay.  Thank you.
Ember:  Well, I think we will have plenty of time to talk. I am going to work on getting you with a photographer who can do some different shots to add to your portfolio.  I will always keep a copy here for when I meet with clients, and you will have an exact duplicate for go sees.  
Ember:  I appreciate your coming. I'm going to let you get on with the rest of your day and I will get to my meeting.  I will call you within a few days to get additional details outlined, work on contracts and set up photo dates.
Ember and Zenia stand up.

 
Ember:  Don't worry if it takes some time to get everything rolling.  There is a process to get go sees set up and getting in front of clients.  That means you need to continue working at your current job.  Once we have enough lined up, you can consider if you want to give notice.  We can work around your schedule for a while.  Once you are set up steady with assignments, we can payroll you with a steady stream of income.

Zenia:  I understand.  I'll keep working so I can have some money coming in.  I also have to pay rent where I live, so I'm not going to do anything drastic until I know things are taking off with the modeling.
Ember: Good.  Go home.  Think about any questions you have.  Try not to get any scrapes or bruises on yourself.  Consider your entire body a commodity that needs to be protected.  It's a money maker.  We'll connect again and get things moving.
Zenia:  Thank you. Enjoy your meeting with Aunt Chambray.  I'll see how long it takes for her to call me.  It won't be long.
Ember thanks Zenia for coming again and walks her to the door.


Ember comes back downstairs before she leaves to meet Chambray and talks to her wall, specifically her photo frames. 
Ember:  Well, Guys.  We are on our way to getting you filled up.  It's slow, but it's happening.  Aren't you excited?  I am.  Let's all be excited!  Yay!
Then Ember decides it's time to head out to meet Chambray.  She gathers up her stuff and leaves.
 
Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


10 comments:

  1. Very nice dialog between the two! At first I thought something was up with Zenia laughing that way but luckily it was valid and she wasn't being an airhead. I also appreciate your photo skills and how you changed perspective when they were standing and sitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff. I think Ember was a little worried there for a minute too. After Tasha and Lisa, she's a little gun shy.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Both ladies must be very happy! Looking forward to the continuation of the story :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, the dialogue is so true to life, it takes a lot of skills to write such a script!
    I also love the setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you, Billa. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy to see things coming together for Ember. Zenia will be an excellent addition to her roster. It's going to be fun watching her build her business from the ground up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jewell. It's funny. I do think about what I would do if I were trying to build a real business so it makes sense. Slow and steady. Ember has big plans!

      Delete
  5. Ember's business is picking up. That is great! I have had a modeling agency in my head forever, but have not made any move towards creating it. I will just live vicariously through yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You will get around to the modeling agency once you're ready. Sometimes other things just take precedence. I look forward to seeing it up and running.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!