Billa at Billa's Dolls and Fashions tagged me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Billa. If you haven't checked out her site, please do so. She makes clothes for her dolls via her own patterns and they usually travel to some great places.
Okay, so, the purpose of the award is to discover new blogs. It's a lot of work, but here's what you're supposed to do:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. (Check!)
Give your readers eleven random facts about yourself. (TMI, but since I'm supposed to do it...)
Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. (This is going to take time.)
Nominate eleven bloggers to receive this award. (I read so many sites, can I narrow it down? Hmm..)
Invent eleven questions for your nominees. (The really hard part.)
Here we go:
1. I have issues with concentrating on doing one thing at a time. So many ideas are popping into my head at once, I have to multi-task. I just have to. Hold on that reminds me...
2. I play songs I like and dance and sing with them as if I were giving a concert. Hey, it's exercise, isn't it?
3. I never wanted an Ipad, My husband bought me one for Christmas and now I'm addicted to it. Go figure.
4. I eat the crust around the bread first to get it out of the way so I can enjoy the softer inside parts.
5. I still watch the Bad Girls Club (for some reason, their stupidity amuses me). Yes, I may be too old for it, but hey, people think I'm too old to play with dolls too.
6. I eat the middle of the Reese's peanut butter cup first and then the outside. (See number 4 above. I know, right?)
8. Winter makes me miserable. I hate the cold. Fortunately, Thanksgiving and Christmas are bright spots amongst the darkness.
9. I love (and I mean LOVE) Kung Fu movies.
10. I used to read a lot, but stopped when I wanted to write my own books. For some reason I think I will be tainted. I guess it made sense that my sister laughed at me and told me I could be tainted by watching TV and movies too. I don't quite agree. I get it, but I am allowed to have my own silly reasoning. And I do.
11. I have big plans for when I strike it rich. I have so many things to do with all that money - spendingpalooza! While I wait, I keep being cheap.
Whew! That was a lot! Okay. Now for Billa's Questions:
1. Have you got a secret dream or a wild project? I'll go with door number one, please. My secret dream is to become a famous writer whose sells the movie rights for mega millions.
2. When has a project exceeded your wildest expectations? How? Can I pass on this one? I'm not really sure.
3. Chocolate: white, dark, milk, or none at all? White Milk
4. If you could have dinner with three fictional characters, who would they be? I never thought about it. Yup. Pass.
5. What's your all-time favorite movie? Just one? Decisions, decisions. I like the Fifth Element, Fast and Furious movies, Christmas Vacation, The Kid with the Golden Arm, the Five Deadly Venoms. Sorry. No one all-time favorite. Just ones I can watch over and over again.
6. If you could choose a career other than your actual one(s), what would it be? An author.
7. What time period would you most like to live in, other than the modern one? Umm, none. With all of this technology we have right now? I can't give it up.
8. What is the most versatile tool in your arsenal? Does my brilliant mind count?
9. Winter person or summer person? Summer.
10. What do you most wish you could organize properly? Right now, my craft room.
11. What do you do to find inspiration? Look for things online, look through Pinterest, watch House Hunters, flip through the newest catalogs I have been ordering and shop.
Okay. So now to pick 11 bloggers. I do not want to leave anyone out, so if you're reading this and you blog, please join in too.
- Jewell - Doll-lightful
- Phyllis - A Day in the Life of My Dolls
- Ms. Leo - I-Luv-Dolls
- Georgia Girl - Pink Obsession
- Ana - Lady Lemonade Doll
- Chris - My Barbie's Closet
- Rachelle - The Barbie Chronicles
- Linda - Darkroom Dolls
- Muff - Hey, It's Muff
- Vanessa - Van's Doll Treasures
- Dani - Dani's Doll Fashion & Crafts
- What is the last doll project you worked on?
- Of all the things you do dolly related, name your favorite thing to do (i.e.. making clothes, making furniture, etc.)?
- Do you get dolly items gifted to you from family or friends?
- Which do you prefer when it comes to doll items - making them yourself, buying to customize or buying to use as is?
- Are any of your characters based on someone you know?
- If you could attend one doll conference, all expenses paid, which one would it be and why?
- What one doll item do you wish you could find that you have never seen made for purchase?
- Do you take your dolls out in public to take photos?
- Where was your all time favorite vacation?
- Do you see movies in the theater or wait for video?
- Have you ever been to Vegas? (I won't ask for details. What happens there stays there.)
Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye