Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Liebster Award



Billa at Billa's Dolls and Fashions tagged me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Billa.  If you haven't checked out her site, please do so.  She makes clothes for her dolls via her own patterns and they usually travel to some great places.

Okay, so, the purpose of the award is to discover new blogs.  It's a lot of work, but here's what you're supposed to do:

Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.  (Check!)
Give your readers eleven random facts about yourself. (TMI, but since I'm supposed to do it...)
Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. (This is going to take time.)
Nominate eleven bloggers to receive this award. (I read so many sites, can I narrow it down? Hmm..)
Invent eleven questions for your nominees. (The really hard part.)
 
Here we go: 

1. I have issues with concentrating on doing one thing at a time.  So many ideas are popping into my head at once, I have to multi-task.  I just have to.  Hold on that reminds me...

2. I play songs I like and dance and sing with them as if I were giving a concert.  Hey, it's exercise, isn't it?

3. I never wanted an Ipad, My husband bought me one for Christmas and now I'm addicted to it.  Go figure.

4. I eat the crust around the bread first to get it out of the way so I can enjoy the softer inside parts.

5. I still watch the Bad Girls Club (for some reason, their stupidity amuses me).  Yes, I may be too old for it, but hey, people think I'm too old to play with dolls too.  
6. I eat the middle of the Reese's peanut butter cup first and then the outside. (See number 4 above.  I know, right?)
 
7. Cheesesteaks are my favorite food.  Oh, how that grease and cheese calls to me.

8. Winter makes me miserable.  I hate the cold.  Fortunately, Thanksgiving and Christmas are bright spots amongst the darkness.

9. I love (and I mean LOVE) Kung Fu movies. 

10. I used to read a lot, but stopped when I wanted to write my own books.  For some reason I think I will be tainted.  I guess it made sense that my sister laughed at me and told me I could be tainted by watching TV and movies too.  I don't quite agree.  I get it, but I am allowed to have my own silly reasoning.  And I do.

11. I have big plans for when I strike it rich.  I have so many things to do with all that money - spendingpalooza! While I wait, I keep being cheap.

Whew!  That was a lot!  Okay.  Now for Billa's Questions:

1.  Have you got a secret dream or a wild project?  I'll go with door number one, please.  My secret dream is to become a famous writer whose sells the movie rights for mega millions.
2.  When has a project exceeded your wildest expectations? How? Can I pass on this one?  I'm not really sure.
3.  Chocolate: white, dark, milk, or none at all?  White Milk
4.   If you could have dinner with three fictional characters, who would they be?  I never thought about it.  Yup. Pass.
5.   What's your all-time favorite movie? Just one?  Decisions, decisions.  I like the Fifth Element, Fast and Furious movies, Christmas Vacation, The Kid with the Golden Arm, the Five Deadly Venoms.  Sorry.  No one all-time favorite.  Just ones I can watch over and over again.
6.   If you could choose a career other than your actual one(s), what would it be? An author.
7.   What time period would you most like to live in, other than the modern one?  Umm, none.  With all of this technology we have right now?  I can't give it up.
8.   What is the most versatile tool in your arsenal?  Does my brilliant mind count?
9.   Winter person or summer person? Summer.
10. What do you most wish you could organize properly?  Right now, my craft room.
11. What do you do to find inspiration?  Look for things online, look through Pinterest, watch House Hunters, flip through the newest catalogs I have been ordering and shop.
 
Okay.  So now to pick 11 bloggers.  I do not want to leave anyone out, so if you're reading this and you blog, please join in too.

  1. Jewell - Doll-lightful
  2. Phyllis - A Day in the Life of My Dolls
  3. Ms. Leo - I-Luv-Dolls
  4. Georgia Girl - Pink Obsession
  5. Ana - Lady Lemonade Doll
  6. Chris - My Barbie's Closet
  7. Rachelle - The Barbie Chronicles
  8. Linda - Darkroom Dolls
  9. Muff - Hey, It's Muff
  10. Vanessa - Van's Doll Treasures
  11. Dani - Dani's Doll Fashion & Crafts
 Here are my questions:
  1. What is the last doll project you worked on?
  2. Of all the things you do dolly related, name your favorite thing to do (i.e.. making clothes, making furniture, etc.)?
  3. Do you get dolly items gifted to you from family or friends?
  4. Which do you prefer when it comes to doll items - making them yourself, buying to customize or buying to use as is?
  5. Are any of your characters based on someone you know?
  6. If you could attend one doll conference, all expenses paid, which one would it be and why?
  7. What one doll item do you wish you could find that you have never seen made for purchase?
  8. Do you take your dolls out in public to take photos?
  9. Where was your all time favorite vacation? 
  10. Do you see movies in the theater or wait for video?
  11. Have you ever been to Vegas? (I won't ask for details. What happens there stays there.)
All done! 

Thanks for stopping by.  ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. This was fun to read! I would love to read some of your writing one day. Ha, I can relate to your food fact, I love to eat the little crusts of a bread (the front and back of a sliced bread) and the inside of filled cookies first :-). Thank you for nominating me, I already was tagged twice, but here are some answers: I did my first photo shoot in public a few weeks ago and it was fun! And I nearly got to Vegas once, until my American friend said that we had to go through the desert and that her car was not reliable at all - I politely said no thank you :-). We went to San Diego instead, and the Wildlife Animal Park was fun to visit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks, Linda. I did see your Liebster post. Just like you, I need to organize better or else I lose things.

      Vegas is an experience. But after once or twice, it can get boring if you're not a gambler. I want to visit California at least once. I've never done that. Can't live there, though. It's too expensive.

      Delete
  2. I love your responses. Some had me laughing. I used to eat the filling (creame) out the Oreo cookie first and then the cookie. Lol! We probably all have a different way of eating.

    I was tagged by D7ana also. I will do my best to do a joint response to you both. :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. I'm even methodical about how I set up my plate, every time. Main side at 12, meat at 6, side veggie at 9, and (if there is one, usually for holidays), second side veggie at 3.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jaye, great answers, you're actually the first person who didn't pick a different era as favourite one! I know picking just one movie is very hard, I realized I should have changed my question! But the thing I liked most is your dream to be an author! Writing is a wonderful thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billa. Yes, not other eras interest me. I'm a little sad I can't live on forever to see future eras as we continue to grow technologically.

      I love writing. It allows you to just make things up and live in another life for a minute through 'someone else's eyes' so to speak.

      Delete
  4. To your random number 6, how exactly do you eat the center first? do you poke it out with your thumb? Cut it out with a knife?

    Thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, I push the middle out with my thumb. You must have done this before, Muff.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!