Friday, October 2, 2015

Tyson and Isis - An Evening Together

Isis Knight and Tyson Edwards have been dating for 17 months.  Isis is 24 and a Coordinator for the Institute of Arts and Science and Tyson is 30 and a Hospital Administrator for Caring Hands Hospital, part of a local and large health care system. 

Isis has a brother, Rahim and, Tyson has a twin brother, Tyquan.  Yes, the same Tyquan who is in an off and on again relationship with Quinn. 

Isis and Tyson are in Tyson's apartment, where they are eating take out dinner and watching a movie they rented.  It's a drama-filled movie and Isis is truly enjoying it. 



Tyson: Oh, she is definitely causing too many problems.
Isis:  I know.  I don't like her.  Her poor mother.  She doesn't deserve how she treats her.
Tyson:  But her mother let her act like that growing up.  She is kind of getting what she deserves. 
Isis: Maybe, but she tried to make it up to her.
Isis pops another chicken nugget in her mouth, then decides she is finished with her chicken nuggets and sets her plate down.  Then she picks up her napkin to wipe her mouth.  Tyson is already finished eating and his plate is on the table.

Tyson: Are you finished? Do you want more to drink?
Isis:  No, thank you.  I'll take the plates to the kitchen in a minute.  I just don't want to miss anything.
Tyson stands up.

Tyson:  Don't worry about it.  I don't mind taking them.  You keep watching so you can tell me what I missed.
Isis:  We can pause it. 
Tyson: No, don't do that.  I'll be right back.

Tyson:  Are you sure you don't want anything else?  Some more to drink?
Isis:  No, I'm full.  Thank you.  I love 'Chicken & Then Some.'  Their nuggets are the best.  Oh, shucks (a scene on the television catches Isis' attention).  Sorry, I don't want to miss this.  They seem to be gearing up for something.
Tyson: Okay.  Sorry.
Tyson picks up the plates and trash and heads to the kitchen.  Isis keeps watching the movie, it's really getting intense.  She doesn't even notice how long Tyson is gone.

Isis also doesn't seem to care that Tyson is concerned about doing something to the side of the chair. 
Tyson (whispering): I have to stop dropping trash on the floor.
Isis:  Uhuh.
Tyson sits down and watches the movie for a few minutes, then he picks up Isis' right hand.

Tyson:  Are you having a good time?
Isis (doesn't even turn her head):  Uhuh.
Tyson:  I love you.  I love so much about you, including your beautiful hands.
Isis:  That's sweet.  I love you too.
Tyson puts down Isis' right hand and picks up her left hand.


Realizing she won't be able to concentrate on the movie any longer with Tyson still talking to her, Isis turns to him.
Isis: Are you okay?  You're acting a little strange.
Tyson:  Yes.  I was just hoping you would stay.
Isis:  Well, I can if you want. 
Tyson:  How long can you stay?
Isis (gives Tyson a strange look): Well, I can stay the night. I do have to work in the morning, but I can come back after work unless you're coming to my place.
Tyson:  I need you to stay longer.
Isis:  Longer?

Tyson puts down Isis' hand and turns to the side of the chair where he reaches down to pick up the box he left there when he pretended to be picking up trash. Isis is a little confused, until Tyson turns back and quickly opens up the box.

 
Tyson: I need you to stay forever...with me.  Will you marry me?
Isis is pleasantly surprised, she puts her hand up to her head and gives herself a moment to hold back her tears.  She is very happy.  Tyson allows her to compose herself while he holds the ring for her.
 

 

 
Isis:  I love you so much, Tyson!  Yes, yes.  I will marry you.  Of course, I will marry you.
Isis gives Tyson a kiss and then he places the ring on her finger.

Isis:  It's beautiful.  I love it and I'm never taking it off.  Never!
Tyson:  I don't want you to.  Remember, you are now locked in.  No take backs.
They both laugh.
Isis:  I can't believe it.  It's perfect.  It's huge, but it's perfect.
Tyson:  I hope so, I went through a lot of trouble to get the size right.  I also hope you're not disappointed I didn't find an elaborate way to propose.  I thought doing that would be a dead giveaway and you always seem to like the simplest things.

Isis:  It doesn't matter how or where you propose.  It only matters that you want me in your life forever and I want you too.  I love you so much.  This moment is all I could ever want it to be.
Tyson:  I'm glad you're happy.  Now can we stop this movie and go make our own?
Isis:  I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille.

Thank you for stopping by. ~ Jaye

17 comments:

  1. Aww, nice proposal! When he kept asking her if she was sure she didn't want something to drink, I thought maybe the ring would be in her drink! So, will we get to see the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I think Tyson didn't want her to have a reason to get up and catch him coming back with the ring.

      Yes, the wedding and things leading up to it will definitely be shared.

      Delete
  2. Now you KNOW I love this! Oh yeah...it's time to plan the wedding...woot woot
    Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenova. Thank you for stopping by. I am going to enjoy planning the wedding.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, such a sweet proposal. Looks like a wedding soon, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. So much planning to do. But I think we may have to get through the holidays first.

      Delete
  4. Yaaay!!! A wedding! This was very romantic! They are a great looking couple :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Isis was truly thrilled to get the proposal. She's going to be a busy girl.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet proposal! Looking forward to the big event and all the wedding related stories ;) And as much as I'm enjoying planning Brandy and Tony's wedding, I'm kind of hoping a couple of my dolls will just fall in love and elope- LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell. I love weddings.

      So, I am still a little nervous about how Brandy is taking the big news. It seems like she can't focus on her wedding with the bomb Tony dropped. But it sounds like there will still be a wedding. I'm staying tuned!

      Some of the ladies over here are planning to dress in honor of attendance. They are watching for the big day so they'll be ready.

      Delete
  6. Yes! Another wedding! I love it! Tyson and Isis are a lovely couple! The planning is the fun and hardest part. Lol! Looking forward to your stories leading up to the grand moment!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Georgia Girl! It is going to take a while to get this wedding underway, but it's going down for sure.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Billa. The happy couple are, well, happy to be getting married.

      Delete
  8. What a great couple - and such a sweet proposal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JSarie. I like them together.

      Delete
  9. So adorable! Every thing doesn't have to be a huge honking production. I like that this was short, sweet and intimate.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!