Friday, November 13, 2015

A Few New Items for Christmas

I started shopping today to start knocking down my Christmas list.  I'm getting there...and getting broke too.  I also can't help but look to see what is available as I start setting up for Christmas scenes as part of my decorating.  It took up a small shelf unit where I usually have photos displayed.  

I have to start planning the scenes early which means I may not even get a Thanksgiving scene in. Maybe next year. We'll see.  I'd probably be more encouraged to set one up if I could master making my own food.  

Anyway, I headed to Walgreen's to look for a record player ornament (which I did not find) and found something else instead.  Sweater type ornaments.  They only had one style, but it's decent.  I love that it did not come on a hanger and all I need to do is remove that red string meant to hang it on the tree and cut open the back and add a hook or Velcro.  


This sweater ornament only cost me a $1.  So, what the heck, I bought two.  They could fit the girls, but I am going to see if a couple of the guys want to wear them.   Besides, I am sewing sweaters (and knit outfits) for the girls, but not the guys. So I guess they deserve some holiday specific items if they want them.

I also found the two Build-A-Bear collector packs (thanks for the reassurance that they existed, Vanessa) I wanted for the girls.  I had to sneak them in so those little girls didn't run up on me again.   
 
 This pack only has two stuffed animals, but I guess since you get another box, you don't get the third animal like in the pack below.  Didn't they know I could duplicate the box, so they could have provided the third animal?


I have to stop spending so much so I can replenish my funds.  But I know that the sales right after Christmas will still suck me in.  I already ordered the new articulated Barbie Look - Night Out doll.  I am waiting for the Made To Move Black Barbie to show up so I can get her.  Sadly, I keep saying I will not buy another doll because I already have so many who need to start showing up in stories, why add more?

So I think my New Year's resolve (yes, I need until then to get it together) will be to only buy items for dioramas in 2016.  No new dolls!  Just food, flooring, walls, furniture and things that will help me actually finish all of these living spaces, businesses and stores, I plan to create.

Okay, enough rambling.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jaye. Save yourself the hassle and go ahead and buy your dolls. Being a dolly blogger, I'll be willing to bet (if I did gamble) that dolls and dioramas are you only extravagances. You bring joy with your artistry so go for it. Anywho, I like your Walgreen's haul. Guess who's going shopping. Gotta think about my Christmas post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think if I save on doll purchases, I can treat myself to Re-ment items I would love to buy and maybe even some furniture I love that I can't make myself. I'll see how long I can hold out.

      Delete
  2. I love that sweater! And indeed, great that it doesn't have a hanger glued in, much easier to make it into a doll garment! Good luck with the plans, your dioramas will be looking even more awesome than they already are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I was surprised there was not an embedded hanger, but happy.

      Thanks for wishing me luck. I already have a doll I'm debating on buying, but I guess it doesn't count since I'm planning to buy her in 2015, not 2016. I have to get it out of my system.

      Delete
  3. The sweater is nice. I need to check those out. Also check JoAnn's. I purchased a Santa suit yesterday that was 50% off. I do understand what you mean about buying more dolls. I need to do the same. Well, the good thing is that we will get to see more of your dioramas and stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip. I went to Joann's today. I bought several items, all for the dolls, of course.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!