Thursday, November 19, 2015

Henna and Parker Meet

Parker was happy to receive a call from Henna about a possible steady contracting opportunity.  A steady income will enable him to save up some money and get his own place.  Since Henna still needs to get a proposal into the hands of Dominic Balducci, owner of Select Spaces, she asked Parker to meet her there.  

Henna:  Hello, Parker!  Thank you so much for meeting me.  How are you?
Parker:  Hi.  I'm doing well.  I'm glad you called. It's nice to see you again.
Henna:  Yes.  It's nice to see you as well.  I'm hopeful that this will work out for both of us.
Parker:  Me too.  I'm willing to start small so you can see my work and then decide if you want to keep using me for other jobs.

Henna:  Good.  I will need you to quote me your labor costs so I can include them in my quotation.  I want you to be honest, there is no need to low-ball yourself to get the work.  My clients know that they are getting the best and they are willing to pay for it.  
Parker:  I will keep that in mind.  (looks around) So tell me about this place.  It's interesting.
Henna:  Yes, it is.  Mr. Balducci, the owner and my client, is looking to have these four buildings look exactly the same.  As you can see there are no doors and windows yet.
Parker:  Those are easy enough to put in.  

Henna (pointing to the side window):  Over here, I am thinking about some Fermatex windows. They will need to be special ordered and all of the windows and doors will be painted black.  So although the buildings are already painted white there still is some painting to be done.
Parker:  Okay.  I can include the paint, unless you have a special request for a particular brand.
Henna:  I would just like you to use something that will last and not chip easily.  And the paint needs to be sealed.
Parker:  Of course.  

Henna turns to point to another area on the building.
Henna:  In this area, I am thinking that a monitor or some sort of board can be placed so that the guests' names and event can be on the board.  Do you think  you can run electrical wiring behind here?
Parker:  Yes.  Fortunately, I do have my electrician license.  I can drill through the back or just rip open the wall, replace it and paint over it if I need to.
Henna:  Okay, that's good.

Parker:  You will have to decide where you will house the controls for the monitor.  Will you use a keyboard or remote control?  If it's a television, where will you place the cable?  I'm assuming cable will be suggested, right?
Henna:  Yes, if the client goes in that direction, I will suggest cable.  We will have to figure that out so that it doesn't interfere with the guests' experience.
Parker:  I would suggest that as long as I have to drill through, I add a covered box with a lock behind each building for the staff to access and control.  
Henna:  That sounds like a good idea. We also need to be sure to extend the floor and walls just a little for social space.
Parker:  I see.  Well, blow this out and put up some sturdy walls over here and add a ceiling.  That will take a little while since I have to add the base of the floor, but I can knock it out.
Henna:  Just let me know what type of materials you will use when you put together your quote.  I like to include the details so the client won't feel surprised.
Parker:  Sure.  No problem.

Henna (pointing to the ceiling):  We need lighting.  I would like to suggest two levels of lighting since there will be social gatherings and romantic as well.
Parker:  Okay.  In that case, instead of a dimmer, I can add two light switches, each with the same amount of lights on it.  So you have 100% and 50% lighting levels.  But the lower lighting will still be bright enough to see.
Henna:  Once the light fixtures are selected, we'll be able to get those up.    

Henna:  So, we have four buildings to get done.  The client would like them finished as soon as possible.  He understands things don't happen overnight, but I would like to have these ready by Thanksgiving.  He may be able to work on booking Christmas events.
Parker:  Okay.  I think we can do that.

Henna (picks up her book):  I'd like to meet with you again to discuss your quote and timeline.  Do you have any idea how long it will take you.  
Parker: I'll have to go to the lumber yard and the hardware store.  I have a quick job to finish, but I can get that done tomorrow, right after I finish working.  I'll need a little time to work out the amount of building materials, and figure out time to complete building and setting windows and doors.  I'll probably need one guy to help me, so I'll calculate the labor.  Can you give me four days?
Henna:  Yes, that will be fine.  You can meet me at my office.  Please call my office number and Carly will schedule an appointment.  Do you have my office number?
Parker:  Yes.  Thank you.

Parker (he offers Henna his had to shake):  I look forward to working with you.  I promise you won't be disappointed.
Henna:  Great!  Thank you again for meeting with me.  I look forward to seeing you soon.  

They shake hands and go their separate ways.  It looks like Parker will have some work to do and Henna may have solved her main contractor issue.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


14 comments:

  1. Wow, Parker sounds like he really knows his business. Can't wait to see the finished space. So what doll structure was it to begin with? I also really like Henna's dress -- did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I bought Henna's dress in a lot of Barbie clothes. I can't knit worth a dime.

      The doll structure is the top part of a Barbie house. You can see it in this post. http://jayesdollspace.blogspot.com/2015/08/some-great-finds.html

      Delete
  2. Parker is a great choice to do the job, he's very dedicated! Henna looks stylish as always. Can't wait to see the finished look of the space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda. Parker is smart. He needs a steady income and he may just make a pretty penny since Henna only takes well-to-do clients.

      Delete
  3. The space sounds like it is going to be awesome! I could use Parker as a contractor. Is he available for human contract? Lol! Seriously, love where this is going. Henna is a well dressed fashionista!! Love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Georgia Girl. Thanks. I wish I had a contractor like Parker too back when I needed one.

      I bought Henna's outfit as part of a lot of clothing. She likes to look the part.

      Delete
  4. My favorite colors are green and orange - you can just paint one of those beauties for me. Great story. I can't wait to see the finished products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind, Brenova. Maybe you'll see them show up as accent colors. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. The anticipation is building...I can't wait to see how Parker transforms the space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jewell. I can't wait to see it either. I hope he does a good job. But Henna is designing it, so it should be good.

      Delete
  6. This sounds like it will turn out to be an expensive complex. Great sounding ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ladonna. Henna has her standards when it comes to clients. She goes where the money is.

      Delete
  7. Great storyline, such detail. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. It should be ready soon.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!