Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Almost Christmas at the Flavor Cafe

It's two days before Christmas and Marisol is waiting on a customer at The Flavor Cafe.

Marisol:  Are you sure you don't want anything else?  This sandwich would like some company.
Customer:  So many things in this case are calling my name, but I just worked out and I am determined not to make weight loss a necessary resolution for 2016.  
Marisol:  Yes.  There's always the New Year's goal to look good before the heat hits.
Customer:  With these high temperatures lately, it's like we're having a winter heatwave. Who would have thought I could dress like this in the winter?
Marisol:  Yes, it is unseasonably warm.

Customer:  Well, I will have to pass on getting something sweet today.  I already know I have to let myself go Christmas Day.  
Marisol:  Okay.  I understand.  (Rings up the sale on the register) That will be $6.95, please.
Customer:  And worth every cent.  I love your sandwiches.  

The customer hands Marisol the money and Marisol gives her change.

Marisol:  Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoying another sandwich.   Just as a reminder, we will be closing at 4:00 PM Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day.
Customer:  Okay.  Merry Christmas!
Marisol:  Merry Christmas to you!  Thank you! 

The customer leaves.  After a few minutes, Rowan comes from the kitchen to quickly update Marisol on orders.

Rowan:  Mare, I just finished the last four orders for pick up today.  The Christmas Eve orders will be worked on right after regular stock tomorrow.  We'll cut down on the regular stock since we're closing early.
Marisol:  Don't we have an early morning pick up?
Rowan:  Yes, I'm going to work on it in a few minutes.  I'm just checking a few things with orders and confirming some New Year's orders too.  One customer already asked to increase the sandwiches and macarons.  
Marisol:  Good.  Nice way to bring in a new year.  Increased sales of food.  
Rowan:  Yep.  Well, I'm going to get going so we can get out of here on time today.

Rowan goes back to the kitchen.  Marisol has seven customers come in and buy items.  Then a customer comes in for her order.

Marisol:  Hello.  How are you today?
Isis:  I'm well, thank you.  Merry Christmas!
Marisol:  Merry Christmas!  It's nice to see a familiar customer come in.  How may I help you today?

Isis:  I'm sure you recognize me from my constant visits.  I'm addicted to this place.  Plus, you're conveniently located close to where I work.
Marisol:  I'm glad we can be here for you.  What can I get you today?
Isis:  I'm picking up an order for Knight, please.
Marisol:  Your order is in the kitchen.  I'll run and grab it and be right back.  Please give me a minute.
Isis:  Of course.  Thank you.

Marisol heads to the kitchen to get Isis' order.

While waiting for Marisol to return, Isis decides to look at a menu.  She's never looked at it because she usually orders from the case or the board.  Even when she placed her special order, she had simply asked if she could order the cheesecake and cupcakes.

Marisol returns with two boxes.

Marisol:  Here are both boxes of your delicious selections, made fresh for you.  
Isis:  Great.
Marisol:  I see you are looking at the menu.  Would you like to add to your order?
Isis:  No, thank you.  I just thought I'd browse.  I'm going to take one with me for later.
Marisol:  Okay.  And before I forget, I would like to make sure you know that we will be closing at 4:00 PM Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day.
Isis:  Thank you.

Marisol opens the bottom box first to confirm that the cupcakes in it are the ones Isis ordered.  They are.  Then Marisol opens the next box for Isis to confirm it's the cheesecake she ordered.

Isis:  Tyson is going to love this.
Marisol:  Is Tyson your fiance?  I see the lovely ring on your finger.  Can I get a closer look, please?
Isis:  Yes, he is.  Thank you, and, yes, you can.

Isis holds up her ring so Marisol can see it better.
Marisol:  It's beautiful!  If you don't mind me asking, when is the big day?
Isis:  We are still working out the date.  But I think next summer.  
Marisol:  A nice warm summer day will be perfect.  When you start looking for a caterer, please consider us.  We cater and we can do wedding cakes and all the desserts too.
Isis:  Do you make more than sandwiches and desserts?
Marisol:  Absolutely.  We keep it simple for the cafe.  Most people in the city are on the go and want something quick and easy.  But for events we can do almost anything.
Isis:  Oh!  I didn't know that.  I will certainly keep you in mind then.

Marisol:  Wonderful!  Well, I don't want to keep taking up your time.  Let me ring you up.

Marisol rings in the sale and Isis reaches for her purse to pay.  Isis pays and leaves.

Looks like everyone is getting ready for Christmas.

I hope you enjoy your holiday with family and friends. ~ Jaye


12 comments:

  1. Flavor Cafe seems to be doing very well! Awww man, Julianna and Jabari just chose a caterer for their wedding. Thanks for letting us know that they cater. ;-)

    Happy Holidays Jaye!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowan and Marisol will be disappointed they didn't market well enough, but I'm sure Julianna and Jabari have a very good caterer.

      Delete
  2. Love these everyday vignettes at the Flavor's Cafe, Merry Christmas Jaye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to decorate more for Christmas, but space is limited. Maybe one day they will be able to get a larger space.

      Delete
  3. Marisol is the perfect salesperson. She is always trying to upsell. Lol. One of my real friends just threw his daughter's wedding at a coffee shop. It was the first one I'd heard of. With Marisol on the j-o-b, Rowan won't have any problems with sales. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa. I have never heard of having a wedding at a coffee shop. That's interesting. Marisol knows when the profits rise and stay up high, she can make more money too. She has bills to pay with those three boys.

      I hope you have been enjoying the holidays.

      Delete
  4. A very nice story! The bakery is very busy for the Holidays. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I got lots of new goodies yesterday. So happy. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas.

      Delete
  5. I love it every time you show this cafe dio- so many great details. That cheesecake looks scrumptious. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell. I now officially have three new great items to showcase, thanks to you.

      Delete
  6. I love the Flavor Cafe and it's name :-). I can see why it's popular with your dolls! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Can you believe it actually takes me a while to figure out what to name businesses? You would think I was really opening one.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!