Sunday, December 27, 2015

Last White Christmas Photo

It's time to take the last photo shoot for the White Christmas scene.  While they wait for Leera to arrive, Song is looking at her hair in the table mirror and Taren and Waverly are eating.

Waverly:  This is pretty delicious.  I love Christmas!  So many lovely and delicious things have been arriving.
Taren:  I know.  It almost makes me want to be sure I put in a bid to participate in next year's theme. But I'm kind of hoping I can celebrate with my new family and have you guys over.
Waverly:  What do you think, Song?
Song:  Right now, I think my hair hasn't come out as good as for the last two shoots.  I'm going to have to work this out.
Taren:  Well, while you work that out, I'll be worrying about working this food off later.

They all laugh.

Leera walks in with a bottle of whiskey in her hands.  She immediately notices Taren and Waverly eating.
Leera:  Hey, Guys.  What are you two doing eating in your dresses, before the photos?  You don't want get something on them.
Waverly:  I'm sorry.  We were hungry and the food was put out for us.
Taren:  And it's delicious.
Song:  I ate before I got dressed.  My biggest photo issue will be this hair.
Leera:  Well, I hate to be downer, but it will only take a few minutes for us to wrap up, so please put the plates in the refrigerator until we're done.  It took a while to make these dresses and we wouldn't want to stain them before the photos, right?
Waverly and Taren (reluctantly):  Okay.

The duo leaves to put their plates away.

Song:  No wine or champagne today?  The hard stuff, huh?
Leera:  This has been hard work.  Fun, but hard.  We deserve something a little stronger for our toast today.  Besides, this whiskey just got here, I was lucky to get my hands on it before someone else did. We may as well put it to good use.
Song:  Sounds good to me.  Why are there five glasses?
Leera:  The whole team is going to celebrate, which includes Dallas.  He's also going to get to take a photo with us.
Dallas (from behind the camera):  I can hardly wait!
Song (laughing):  Okay, Dallas.  Your shining moment will be here soon.

Taren and Waverly return and the photo taking begins.  They take several shots and narrow them down to the few they really like.

 Taren, Waverly, Leera and Song

Just to get the shoes in too.

And now Dallas gets his chance to be surrounded by beautiful women. 



The gang's all here.

The shoot is over.  Taren prepares to cut the cake with the strawberries and kiwi on it.  Dallas prepares to pour the whiskey.  

Song: I know we're done, but I was wondering if we could use this space for New Year's.  We'll have fun and see if anyone else has time to stop by for photos.
Leera: Good idea!  But the clothes have to be off the rack.  I need a short vacation.  Whew!  This has been quite the test.
Taren:  Everything you have made has been beautiful, Leera.  You do deserve a break.
Dallas:  I have certainly enjoyed being around you beautiful ladies.  I am definitely in for New Year's. They say the way you start the year is how your year will go.  So being with beautiful women is a great start to 2016.  Let's drink to that.

Dallas finishes pouring the whiskey, but before they can toast...

Waverly:  Hi, Everyone, we hope you have enjoyed our White Christmas photos.  We have enjoyed taking them and getting to know each other.  We especially want to thank Jewell at Doll-lightful for the delicious food we had earlier and that cake we're about to devour. Yum!  We'll be back in a few days to wish you a Happy New Year!  Take care and as always, thanks for stopping by.


12 comments:

  1. I most certainly enjoyed this series! I looked for it as often as possible and am so looking forward to your next series. Great fashions, work, artistry and story. Kudos!!!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brenova! It was fun.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to miss the white Christmas scenes. The ladies are looking quite lovely. Congrats on winning the prize! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! The food spoke to me and told me immediately how to fit it right into a story. I really am dreading taking the scene down.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Brenova. The White Christmas photo series was a success! I loved the one of a kind fashions, the decor, and the interaction of the dollies. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jewell! I think the ladies and Dallas will be sad to go wait for their next camera op. They are begging for New Year's photos. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. Everyone looks lovely in their all white fashions! Great job on their clothes!!! Your set (scenes) were awesome as always! I am also going to miss the all white series. Congratulations on winning the food!

    Yes, Happy New Year pics please!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl. The food is so cool. I wish I could sculpt clay that well. Maybe I'll add it to things to focus on in 2016.

      Delete
  5. Awww, I will miss this series too! I think the dresses for this shoot are my favorite! You outdid yourself on their outfits! And, they all seemed to be getting along better now. Looking forward to your New Year's Eve post! All of us at Hanaly Corners are wishing you and your dollies a very Happy New Year. We look forward to see more of your creations in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. I was determined to use that bling. I think Leera may need a 'bling' line in her fashion portfolio.

      We wish all of the residents at Hanaly Corners a Happy New Year too!

      Delete
  6. Great series. Love the outfits and set, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I'm trying to tap into some creativity and learn how to bring my visions to life. I appreciate the support.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!