Monday, January 25, 2016

Liebster Award - Take Two


I participated in the Liebster Award a while ago and recently Brini at Brini's Doll Domain tagged me to participate.  I decided to participate since the questions are different.  However, I  think I will skip creating questions and nominating because I think I nominated a lot of blogs last time (yes, I'm too lazy to look back and see, but I'm pretty sure).

Thank you for thinking of me, Brini!

Below are the rules:

1. Thank the person who present you the award and link back to their blog. - Brini!  Woot!  Woot!
2. Post the award image on your. - Pass.  I'm breaking the rules!
3  Answer 11 questions posted be the presenter (see below) - It's a comin'.
4. Nominate 5 blogs with less then 200 followers (or in my case, those you love) - Skipping
5. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer. - See 4 above
6. List these rules in your post. Inform the people you chose to nominated by leaving a comment on their   blog and link them to your post!  4 and 5 negate this

The 11 questions I selected are:

1.   What is your most treasured doll and why?

I have a doll my mother brought back from Puerto Rico when I was four.  I still have her in her straw skirt. 


2.   What motivates your to continue your blog?

I love the interaction with other people who love dolls, doll stories, sharing about dolls.  I love that people are actually interested in something I have to share.  It's a huge compliment.

3.   What doll challenges have your faced, (limiting, selling etc)?

Definitely limiting my spending.  I want everything now, now, now! I want to make clothes, I have too many fabrics and I cannot resist looking at more when I am in the store.  This has to stop until I use up all the materials I have.  At least that's what I keep telling myself until it sticks.

4.   What new skills have your challenged yourself to in your selected playscale?

I want to design my own clothes for the ladies, which means creating patterns.  I don't know why I find it so difficult, but I do.  But I am going to do it if it kills me (hoping that doesn't happen). 

5.   What was the last item you created or purchased for yourself that you second guess because you rather have a doll time?

Nothing.  If I spend the money, it's because I really want or needs something. So I'm good with it.

6.   How do you decide what to add to your collection?

I just have to want it and it needs to work for me.  I know it when I see it.  I am cheap, so if I am compelled, I go with it.

7.   What was the one doll mistake you made and what did you learn from it?

I think it was not pre-planning my space for all the crafting items I will need.  I'm still trying to figure it out.

8.   Which doll was your holy grail and do feel the same about the doll now?

Perk Colette and yes, I still love her and am glad to have her.  I even invested more in her by getting her eyes re-done.

9.   Has anyone ever giving you a doll gift that you did not know if you should accept it or not?

Yes, a particular person gives me a gift every year.  They are nice dolls, but just not what I am into (not fashion dolls or 1/6 scale).  I don't know how to nicely ask that those purchases stop as those poor dolls just sit in the box.

10. Which doll or item on your wish list that you will no longer pursue?

Is that really an option?  Hmmm.....

11. Which doll will be the doll you have to have this year?

I don't know yet.  I haven't seen one I have to have...yet.

8 comments:

  1. I always love these question tags, but I think my favourite part of this particular one tag is seeing what everyone's first doll was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, jSarie. These are interesting to read. I have enjoyed learning things about other bloggers.

      Delete
  2. Great answers Jaye! I really do enjoy your blog, your stories and your creativity! Thanks for sharing your little (or not so little) doll world with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I really appreciate that you like to stop by and read my stories (and other stuff).

      Delete
  3. I can't remember if I already told you how much I like the current header. Also, I love your rule-breaking approach to this tag. Wishing you much success with designing your own dolls' clothes. You're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jewell. I have all of this material, several patterns and still I want to design my own stuff. I just need to actually get things done around here and stop buying material.

      The group is looking good at the top. Thank you. But, alas, I like to switch it up, so someone else will be appearing soon.

      Delete
  4. I have so much fabric that I have to go through, myself. Even worse is that I sew clothes for human-sized clothes too, so I have that much more fabric sitting around. Hopefully I'll get a lot of it used up this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb. Now that really is something. If you sew for humans, then you must have lots and lots of material. Whew!

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!