Saturday, March 5, 2016

Good Fortune for Two?

At the Flavor Café

Rowan:  Would you like anything else with your pastry and coffee?
Waverly:  Thank you, but no. I will pass. 
Rowan:  Okay.  Let me ring you up... (rings the sale in)...the total is $10.50, please.
Waverly:  I have cash.

Waverly goes into her handbag and pulls out her wallet.  The door opens and in walks Erwyn and Ember.  They have stopped by to pick up some food.

Waverly takes the money out of her wallet and hands it to Rowan, who makes change and gives it to her.

Rowan:  Would you care for a bag?
Waverly:  I don't need one.  This won't last long, but thank you for the offer.
Rowan:  Thank you!  Please be sure to stop by around Saint Patrick's Day.  We're working on some tasty treats you may like.
Waverly (smiling):  Sounds goodI will keep that in mind.

Waverly turns to walk out and Ember moves to the counter where Rowan greets her.

Waverly smiles at Erwyn on her way to the door.

Waverly:  Hi. You are such a pretty girl.  What's your name?
Erwyn smiles, then hesitates because Waverly is a stranger.

Ember (noticing Erywyn's hesitation):  It's okay.  You can tell her.
Erwyn:  Okay.  Hi, my name is Erwyn.  What's yours?
Waverly:  Oh!  A pretty name for a pretty girl.  My name is Waverly.  It's nice to meet you.
Erwyn:  Thank you. 

Waverly waves at Erwyn and walks out the door and Erwyn walks over to the area where there are drinks.

Erwyn:  Mommy, can I get something to drink too, please.
Ember:  Sure, Baby.  Think about what you want and we'll get it before we leave.  Right now we need to order some food for dinner.  Do you know what you would like?
Erwyn:  I want this orange drink.
Rowan:  That is a delicious drink.  Don't forget to look at the other ones to be sure you make the best choice.
Erwyn:  Okay.  Thank you.

Ember orders a couple of sandwiches.  Rowan tells her the order will be ready shortly and then heads to the kitchen to give it to Marisol, who is on kitchen duty for the day.  Ember and Erwyn have a seat at the table.

Ember:  Are you thinking about your drink?
Erwyn:  Yes, I know what I want, but I'll keep looking in case I change my mind.
Ember:  Okay.  While you do that, I'm going to read and send some messages.

As they are sitting, Rowan returns, just in time to greet the next customer.  Trillian has walked in.

Rowan:  Hello.  Welcome to the Flavor Café.
Trillian:  Hello.  How are you?
Rowan:  I'm a good.  Thank you for asking.  What can I get for you today?

Trillian:  Well, I thought I'd pick up some cupcakes to take home today.  My girls really don't need the sugar, but I can't help but spoil them.
Rowan:  Which cupcakes would you like?  Do they have a preference?
Trillian:  I think I'll mix them up.

Trillian turns and looks at the door. 

Trillian:  I'm sorry.  I'm waiting for my sister-in-law to come in.  She saw something at that clothing store a couple of doors down.  I thought she would be in soon.  I wanted her to help me choose.
Rowan:  It's okay.  There's plenty of time.  We can wait for her.

After a few minutes, Seiko walks in the door.

Trillian:  Did you see something you like?
Seiko:  I saw several things I like.  I just need to figure out how to get them.

They both laugh.

Rowan (to Ember and Erwyn):  It won't be much longer for your food order.  It should be out soon.
Ember (without looking up):  Okay.  Thank you.

Erwyn (seeing Seiko):  Mommy, that lady is really pretty.
Ember (still engrossed in her phone and her own thoughts): That's of you nice, Honey.  Is she as pretty as you?
Erwyn:  Yes.  She's very pretty. 
Ember:  Okay.  That's nice of you to notice.  Did you decide on a drink?
Erwyn:  Yes.

Trillian:  Doesn't everything look delicious, Seiko?
Seiko:  Yes, everything looks pretty and tasty.  Are we getting different ones?  I want to try them all.
Rowan:  That is a good idea. 
Trillian (laughing): I think we can get several, but not them all.
Rowan:  Okay.  Whatever you'd like.  You may also want to take a look at the menu and we have specials. 

Erwyn seems mesmerized by Seiko.

Erwyn:  Mommy, that pretty lady is also really tall and she has pretty hair.

Hearing that finally catches Ember's full attention and makes her look up at Seiko.  Now she sees why Erwyn keeps talking about her. 

Trillian:  I think we'll need a dozen cupcakes, some chocolate, some vanilla.  What other flavors do you have?
Rowan:  We have strawberry with kiwi, chocolate chip, raspberry, which is really good.
Seiko:  They all sound good.

They make their selections, but not all of the cupcakes Rowan mentioned are in the case.  Some are in the kitchen. Rowan heads to the kitchen to get them and Ember's order.  Ember stands up and walks over to Seiko and Trillian.

Ember:  Hello
Seiko and Trillian both say hello.
Ember (to Seiko): I hope I'm not being intrusive, but my name is Ember Winters and I own a talent agency wherein I represent models.  Have you ever thought about modeling?
Seiko (surprised):  Me?  No...no, I couldn't be a model.
Ember:  Yes, you could be.  You have the height, the beauty, the physique.  How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Seiko:  I'm seventeen.  I will be eighteen soon.
Ember:  That's a good age.  You don't have to make a decision now.  Maybe you could give it some thought.  I can give you my contact information and we can set up some time to meet and discuss it in more detail, if you're interested.

Trillian (surprised, smiling and excited):  Seiko, I think that is a good idea.  This could be just the thing we are looking for.  A job for you, amongst other things. 
Seiko:  Do you really think so?
Trillian:  It won't hurt to hear some details and ask some questions.
Ember:  You don't have to commit to anything until you're ready to commit.  We can just sit and talk. and you can take your time to consider it.

Seiko:  Alright.  My name is Seiko Watanabe and Trillian is my sister-in-law. 
Ember:  It's nice to meet you both. 

Ember and Seiko shake hands and then Ember goes to the table and gets a card out of her handbag.  She gives it to Seiko.  Rowan returns with Trillian's  and Ember's orders and Trillian pays for hers.  She and Seiko leave after saying good bye.   Erwyn gets her drink and it gets placed in the bag with the sandwiches.  Rowan starts ringing up the food.

Ember (to Erwyn):  You were a big help to Mommy today.  I'm going to have to hire you as my assistant. 
Erwyn:  Really?
Ember:  Yes.  And, as your first payment, you also get to have not one, but two treats today.  That's how good an assistant you were today.  What would you like?
Rowan:  Wow!  You must have been a wonderful helper today.  Two treats!  Congratulations!

Erwyn is excited and chooses cookies and a cupcake.  Ember pays and they head home.  She's hopeful Seiko will call.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

6 comments:

  1. What a great break for Seiko. To be "discovered" is awesome and just when Ember needs the boost. Love the cafe...now I want cupcakes. Staying tuned.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brenova. I hope the café can expand one day. Things are looking up for Ember and Seiko.

      Delete
    2. I hope Seiko wrks out. Great story.

      Delete
    3. Hi, Ladonna. I hope Seiko works out too. What a good idea and it will meet both of their needs.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I just discovered your blog and I find it great. I love the little girl. The photos and the stage are fabulous. You may want to visit my barbie blog http://lasonrisamagica.blogspot.com
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sonrisa. Welcome! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I just bookmarked your blog so I can follow it.

      Stay tuned!

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!