Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Pretty Good Evening

Windsor and Syren have asked Quinn to meet them at Color Burst for dinner.  They just want to make sure she's okay and give her a chance to both be out of the house and to talk.  Although she was hesitant at first, Quinn agreed to join them.

Windsor and Syren are already seated and Windsor is checking to be sure Quinn is still coming since she's a little late.

Windsor:  You're pulling up?  Okay.  We're already seated, just give the hostess my name and she'll show you to the table.  I told her we're waiting for you...No, we haven't ordered...
Syren:  Tell her we're about to if she doesn't get in here soon.  I'm thirsty and hungry.
Windsor:  Syren says she's hungry so get in here soon.  I don't want her mistaking me for a Twinkie.
Syren (laughing):  Very funny.  Besides, you look more like a cupcake to me.

At the next table, Shin and Trillian happen to be spending some alone time.  Since Seiko is still living with them, they are able to take advantage of having a free baby sitter, who is very happy to spend time with her nieces.  She also doesn't mind because Shin and Trillian are taking care of her until money starts coming in from modeling.

Shin:  Isn't it nice to be out alone?  I feel like we haven't done this in a long time.
Trillian:  That's because we haven't.  And, yes, it's great being alone.  I feel like we let romance go sometimes.  I'm tired after taking care of the girls all day, you're tired from working.  We just have a routine.  Some days I barely even feel sexy.
Shin: You'll always be sexy to me, but I know I need to try harder to let you know that.
Trillian:  Well, I need to try harder too with letting you know you're still sexy to me.

Syren:  So we're both on the same page, what's our approach again?
Windsor: Well, we know she will always have to deal with Tyquan due to him being Tylyn's father, but if she is serious about moving on and not letting him hurt her again, she can call us when she's feeling week.  And she is stronger than she thinks and deserves more than Tyquan offers her.
Syren:  Way more!  I know she can get a slew of men who would take good care of her and Tylyn.
Windsor (smiling):  She only needs one, but later.  She needs some time alone to figure some things out.
Syren:  Well, we'll be here to help her.  Besides...
Windsor (interrupting):  She's here.

Quinn walks to the table.

Quinn: Hi!  I'm sorry I'm late.  I couldn't even decide where to park.  I'm thirsty, I'm hungry and I'm tired.  Seems I'm tired a lot lately.  Just drained.
Syren:  Well, we're going to do our best to help you get your energy back.  No, alcohol tonight either.  We're having a clear-headed conversation.
Quinn (smiling):  Wow!  I must be in for something serious.  You're not having a drink?
Windsor (laughing):  That was a dead giveaway, huh?
Syren:  You guys need to stop exaggerating. I only drink socially.  Have a seat, Quinn.

Quinn sits down just as the waitress walks over to get their drink order. They give it to her and she leaves to get the drinks.

Quinn:  Okay, I'm ready.  Go ahead and say it.
Windsor:  We love you.  We're not here to beat you up about anything.  We just want you to know we're here for you and we want to help you get back to being yourself.  Tylyn needs you to be 100%.
Quinn:  I know.  I took a leave of absence from work, fortunately Mom and Dad have been helping me, but I can't continue to be a burden.  I'm working on pulling myself together.
Syren:  Good. What can we do to help you?

Shin:  We also spend a lot of time talking about the children, which we should, but we need to talk about our future, beyond the kids.  The only future we seem to talk about is theirs. It's going to be a while before they leave, and I'm glad about that, but it won't last forever.
Trillian:  You're right.  We should plan for when they're gone.  Maybe even have a separate 'when we are alone' fund, beyond the retirement plan you contribute to at work.  Do we want to travel, invest in a camper, own a second home?  I'm feeling a little excited about the possibilities.

Shin:  Give it some thought.  What would you find more enjoyable and sustainable? 
Trillian:  I don't know. Maybe a second home someplace that's always warm. 
Shin:  We have a little time, but we'll come up with a plan.  In the meantime, I think we should sit closer together.  Let me move closer.

Shin moves his chair closer to Trillian.  The waitress drops off their beer and they tell her they haven't thought about what to eat yet, so they need a little time to think about it.

Shin:  The clothes you're wearing are pretty hot.  You look like a MILL.
Trillian:  A what?
Shin:  A mother I'd like to love.
Trillian (laughing):  Funny.  I like that.  And how would you like to love me?
Shin:  Let me see.  What is that expression about how many ways?
Trillian:  Let me count the ways.
Shin: Yes, that.  Let me count the ways.  I'm not sure if I can count that high, but I can start with a few.
Trillian:  I can count with you, Honey.  I'm up for the challenge.

At the other table, the waitress has brought the drinks the ladies ordered and taken the food order.

Syren:  So how are you going to move forward?
Quinn:  Well, I've stopped communicating with Tyquan right now.  He has to speak with Mom or Dad to see Tyquan.  They're angry with him, but they would never hurt Tylyn by keeping her from her father.  I just need some space. He keeps trying to talk to me, but I'm not ready and I really don't want to.  I'm not even sure what I'd say.
Windsor:  You're doing the right thing.  As long as Tyquan sees Tylyn and someone is communicating with him about her, he doesn't need anything else. 
Quinn:  He's a good father, I just wish he could be a good man.

Windsor:  I think it's time to let go of that wish.  This is about you, not him.  You have to remember what you deserve and it's not to be treated like dirt.
Quinn:  My therapist said something similar.
Windsor:  You have a therapist?  When did you get one?
Quinn:  I just started seeing her. I've seen her twice already.  Dad talked me into it.  He said that maybe it would help me, especially since she's a stranger and can see things objectively.  I like her.  She doesn't sugar coat anything and I think I need that.

Syren:  I like this tea.  I'll have to have it again.  Sorry, I had to say that.  It's delicious.  So, back to the subject at hand.  What does your therapist specialize in?
Quinn:  Relationships, self-esteem building, and anything that helps you be better at making decisions that don't let you lose yourself in a relationship. 

Shin:  I think we should think about being out somewhere else.  Somewhere where we can do what we want and not worry about the girls hearing us.
Trillian:  What do you have in mind?

Syren:  I don't want to take the focus off you, but I would like to get your therapist's information.  I know someone who could use her help.  Would you mind?
Windsor:  No, not at all. 

Shin:  I'm thinking we treat ourselves to a luxury hotel room tonight.  Hopefully one with a huge tub.  What do you think?
Trillian:  I think we need to pay the waitress and get out of here...now!

Shin catches the waitress' attention to get the check so he can pay it.

Quinn:  I'm glad I came out tonight. I feel a little better.  I thought I'd have a problem even coming here, but I don't.  I've always liked this place and I won't let that one thing keep me away.  It's turning out to be a pretty good evening.
Syren:  Good for you.  I like this place too.
Windsor:  Anytime you have a need to get out, we can make plans. 
Quinn:  Okay.  Thanks.

The waitress arrives with the food and sets it on the table.  She brought silverware, but forgot napkins and went to get them.

Syren:  I don't know about you, but I don't care if I drop something on my lap.  I'm eating.  I'll wipe it up later.
Windsor:  Me too.  This looks delicious.

Shin and Trillian make their exit from the restaurant.

Trillian:  I'm thinking I'll let loose and be really naughty tonight.
Shin:  Then I'll have to spank you. 
Trillian: Promise?

Well, it looks like the evening is turning out pretty good for everyone, maybe even better for a couple.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

14 comments:

  1. Great conversations! A lot of healthy activity going all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Muff, a lot of healthy activity going on! Nice story. I like that Quinn is seeing a therapist. I think it will help her to stand her ground with Tyquan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I hope the therapist does help Quinn.

      Delete
  3. Shin and Trillian are turning up the heat! Big props to Windsor and Syren for being such good friends. It's always nice to see females lifting one another up instead of tearing each other down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shin and Trillian have chemistry. Yes, family members can be brutal sometimes. Thanks, Jewell.

      Delete
  4. It's good that Shin and Trillian are getting a little alone time together, and it look like Quinn is really pulling herself together. I just hope she will be able to shake Tyquan for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Quinn can shake that Tyquan. Maybe one day he will mature, but it doesn't look like it now.

      Delete
  5. Great story. You perfected the art of duality! Each storyline was distinct and intriguing. I'm happy for Shin & Trillian but better be careful-if you catch my drift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenova. Yes, Shin and Trillian already have three, so they had better be careful. Maybe they can have a boy next. Who knows?

      Delete
  6. Great photo story! I am glad that Quinn decided to get out. Adult time can be good therapy especially when it is positive energy. The time apart may be what Tyquan needs to appreciate the good woman that he has.

    Looks like Shin and Trillian will have a lovely night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl! I agree that it helps to not be home just thinking about your misery. Getting out can be good therapy. Tyquan is just plain ridiculous. Even if he does come around, I think she should be done with him. Maybe the next woman can benefit.

      Yes, Shin and Trillian are enjoying adult time too. :-)

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!