Friday, June 10, 2016

The Grails - Complete

Yes, the title could mean I'm talking about a family or a band, but as we doll people know, grails are also dolls we desire to have in our collection.  They may also take us some time to get because we didn't realize they existed until they were no longer available to easily get.

I had three dolls, all from IT, that I really wanted to have.  You have already met one, Jye, whose IT persona is Colette. I love her face.  It's just so sweet and pretty.

I also fell in love with Back to Black Natalia.  While her eyes are a little over the top for me (such thin and high eyebrows and the too bright eyeshadow), I still think she's beautiful and that hair is gorgeous. 

Last, but not least, I saw a Color My World Darla Daley and she made her way onto the grail list.  I lucked out and got her for a great price on EBay.  It took a while, patience and diligence with checking to see if she was for sale (and reasonably priced), but she just arrived and was welcomed with open arms. 

The doll soon to be formerly known as Natalia already has a life planned.  You'll meet her soon.  The doll formerly known as Darla will have a life too, but it may take some time to get her in the picture.  I thought I would take a few photos of the trio. 

 Aren't they gorgeous?

 I really like the way this shot turned out.


My grail list is now complete.  Which is great because I'm not supposed to be buying more dolls.  Of course, I just saw Uhura by Mattel.  Hmmm.....

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye and the Grails

18 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know how hard it is to find that grail at a price that you can afford! I am hoping get a Tobias sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Leo. When Tobias came out, I couldn't wait to get one. Dark articulated males are hard to come by. I ended up buying two. I figure I can customize them so they look different. Especially since the tall girls around here really like to look up to their men.

      Delete
  2. So happy for you that you have completed your grail list! Of course, if you are anything like me, completing that list will open you up to a new grail list! All of your girls are very pretty. I think the only one of them that I own is Darla Daly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. You're right. It won't be long before I expand my list. I once had a version of Dominique on it, but then I changed my mind. That shortened my list, thank heavens!

      Delete
  3. They're gorgeous! Congratulations on bringing home your grails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I am happy I found them all.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on acquiring all of your grail dolls! Which Colette is Jye? I preordered Uhura and already have a story line planned. I just hope I like her as much IRL as I do from the promotional images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell. Jye was Perk Colette.

      Cool. Can you do a review of Uhura when you get her, please? I think I will have to break down and get her. I wish I could buy that bridge they are using to advertise the dolls. My husband said I should just build one. He has way more confidence in me than I do. But I love that about him.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on getting your grails!! That has to be an awesome feeling! I still have 2 out there....one of which I will probably never achieve. Beautiful choice of dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. Who is the third grail doll you're looking for?

      Delete
  7. Congratzbeing able to complete your grail list! The only two grail dolls I have are 2013 IT Convention Declan Wake and Ace McFly, but I'm not willing to pay the prices I've seen, so I doubt I will be getting them any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Champagne Star. I agree, Declan and Ace seem to be on a lot of grail lists, which is probably why they are so expensive. I joined the W Club just so I could try to get new dolls I may want at the actual sale price, not the jacked up price. It's so disappointing so many members purposely go to the convention just to snatch up the dolls and mark them up to sell. I've seen comments where they actually complain that IT allows others to buy the dolls. IT is business to make money for themselves, not for the members. It's so crazy.

      Okay, I digress now. :-)

      Delete
  8. Very nice looking Gals ... young ladies. Maybe family Mmm....So NICE
    Models

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ladonna. I may send Natalia to Laurie Lenz to change up her eyes and make up. I'll see.

      Delete
  9. Congrats! They are all looking fierce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff. I have to keep those egos in check.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!