Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Ember's Update Meeting

Ember is at Select Spaces, the evening of her scheduled meeting with Seiko, Zenia and Jye.  She is using the laptop Select Spaces rents for using equipment to go through her meeting.  Erwyn is with Avery and Craig, who have been kind enough to babysit.  Ember is all set up when her first employee arrives.

She waits and then Jye walks in.

Jye:  Hi!  How are you?
Ember:  Hi, Jye.  I'm good.  How are you?
Jye:  Well, I'm working on classes for next semester.  I am going to take a few less, just in case the modeling schedule gets a little more hectic. 
Ember:  Oh!  Well, maybe you can find some that are virtual.  Then you don't have to take so few credits.  But, I am hoping there will be more bookings soon.
Jye:  People go to college to make good money and have a career.  I still want the degree, but if I'm in a career and making money right now, I don't have to rush.
Ember:  Good point.  But don't give up getting your degree.
Jye:  I won't.

Jye has a seat and she and Ember chat until the door opens again and in walks Zenia.

Zenia:  Hey!  What's up? 
Ember:  Hi, Zenia. Come on in. It's good to see you.
Jye:  Hey, Girl!  Cute outfit.  I'll bet you're keeping cool in it.
Zenia:  Cool, hot, fly.  I'm just workin' it. 
Jye (laughing):  Well, I guess you have all angles covered.  What have you been up to?  I haven't seen you since the last shoot we did together.  I know I've barely called, but finals were killing me.
Zenia:  It's okay.  I've been working a crazy schedule because I have to ask to re-work it when I have a 'go see.'

Zenia has a seat.

Ember:  I'm trying to get to a point where 'go sees' are at a minimum if not necessary.  I'm trying to get you easily booked by portfolio and reputation.  But we'll see as we go along.
Jye:  That would be great.  I don't mind the 'go sees' but I would love to just know I'm going to a shoot because those are paying, 'go sees' are just hopeful.
Zenia:  Mmm...me too
Ember:  Well, now that we are expanding a little, I think I can book more jobs.  I still need more models to book whole shows and full events, but I'm confident we'll get there.  I'll be interviewing again shortly.
Zenia:  Okay.  I would love to do runway.  I can pose and show pouty looks, which are supposed to be sexy.
Jye:  That's so crazy. I've always wondered why models look so serious.  I guess that's just what they want.
Ember:  Yes, it does seem a smile would sell just as much. 

The door opens and Seiko walks in.

Seiko:  Hello.
Ember:  Hi, Seiko.  I'm glad you could make it.  Let me introduce you to Zenia to your left and Jye to your right. 
Jye and Zenia:  Hi!
Seiko:  Hello.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  I like your names.
Jye and Zenia:  Thank you.
Ember:  This is Seiko, our most recent addition.  I'm so happy to have her.  I'm happy to have all of you with me.  Seiko, please have a seat and we'll get started with our meeting. 
Seiko: Yes.

Seiko has a seat and Ember begins the meeting, including her slide show.

Ember:  Ladies, I truly appreciate that you could make it.  First, I want to let you know that I do plan to have several update meetings and some social events.  We'll review the state of the business, any new clients, major things that are coming down the pike.  I have big plans, but I'll start revealing them as I confirm them. You'll note that we don't have any food or drinks right now.  I wanted us to focus on business and then we'll have something to eat. 

Ember:  Here's our agenda.  LeeMa Designs, an up and coming fashion line; some upcoming shoots, including plans to have a photographer help build your portfolios with shots, expectations of your behavior, performance and preparation as a representative of Journey Talent Agency, working together as a team and items you should take with you for every shoot.  I have some items in these bags for each of you.  They are tonight's gifts for you.
Zenia:  Alright!  I love gifts.
Ember (laughing):  I'm glad.  Now we have a new partnership to be the sole models for LeeMa Designs.  It's an exciting venture and a relationship I am looking forward to cultivating and growing.  Also..

Ember talks about LeeMa Designs, behaving as professional, like using proper English and cooperation, but also letting her know if there are any issues, when to contact her and when and what to say 'no' to during a shoot.  She also talks about remembering they are a team and even if they ever disagree, they are not to let it show to any of the clients.  After reviewing several items about what they should have in their bags, Ember picks up a bag to show the ladies what she has already included in their bags.  She starts looking through it.

Zenia:  This is pretty cool.  I could use a bag.  I have a backpack, but those look pretty cool.  Plus, I do have some things from the first list Ember provided.
Jye:  I need something too.  Those do look cute.

Ember:  So, here we have our first and very important item, razors.  Now you may use another type of hair remover, which is fine, but you never know when you'll rush to a shoot and notice you need a quick touch up.  Keep at least one, but I have provide a bag of a few to get you started.

Ember:  You'll want to have a bright and fresh smile, so I have provided a travel container to hold a toothbrush and toothpaste.  You'll need to replace these as necessary, but this will get you started and the container is pretty sturdy.

Ember:  As long as you're freshening your teeth, be sure to freshen your breath. So here's a travel size bottle of mouthwash.  It's a great partner brushing for dental care.

Ember:  Lotion will ensure you don't have dry skin.
Jye: I always carry some.  My mother would have my head if she thought I was ashy.
Ember: Good, keep carrying it.  It's a must.

Ember:  I have added an item that you don't have to carry with you for shoots, but I do want you to have.  I don't want to overstep my bounds, but you are young and I want to be sure you're protected. I won't ask you about your personal preferences, but I did want to supply these in case you need them.  Please protect yourselves.  There are a lot of good looking men out there.  I won't pretend that you are not going to enjoy your youth and I want you to see your old age too.  So please ensure your partner uses these.  And that's the last I'll say about that.

The ladies nod their heads. 
Ember:  Last, but not least, there are several items I reviewed earlier that you should have in your bag.  Some of them are your personal preferences for brand.  So I have provided each of you with a one hundred dollar gift card.
Seiko:  That is very generous of you.
Zenia:  Wow!  I love it! 
Jye:  That will be so helpful.
Ember:  I'm glad you appreciate it.  I do expect that you will use it to get the items on the list.  Please do so.
Jye:  I will.  I promise.
Zenia:  Me too.
Seiko:  I will do that.  Thank you.

Ember turns the three bags around.

Ember:  I have had different model silhouettes applied to the bags too.  They are each different and they will make your bags easily identifiable to you when you're all together.  I hope you like them.
Zenia: I said I like gifts and these are all great!  Thank you so much.
Seiko:  Thank you!
Jye: Yes, these are all lovely.  Thank you.

Ember wraps up the meeting and the group orders food and drinks and socialize.  Seiko is happy to meet Jye and Zenia and they all exchange contact information.  After the meeting everyone heads home and Ember picks up Erwyn, who has had a good time playing with Aviana and being cared for by Avery and Craig.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


12 comments:

  1. Wow, Ember is really well prepared and organized! It's great that she gave the girls those bags, especially since they are all new to modeling. I lol when I saw the "protection". Did you make those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Champagne Star. Thank you. I printed an image I found on the internet. Sometimes I just want to use props and I have to write a story around it or find a way to include them. I just had to use the protection.

      Delete
  2. I like all the decoration and the details. Thank you to share with us. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ember seems like a good leader. I know she cares about her girls! This meeting proved that. It is always fun to get a "goody" bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. I too more time making and gathering items for this meeting than it took to have the meeting. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Heck, I want one of those bags for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff! I wanted to test out the 'iron ons' I've been wanting to use. I think next time I make bags I'll make a lid/closure/flap or whatever it's called.

      Delete
  5. I always click through the pictures before reading the story, so I saw Ember with the box of condoms and wondered about that. I wondered even more once I started reading and got to the part where she started talking about what they should have in their bags! I thought, "What does she think they'll be doing on these photos shoots?!" I'm glad you cleared that up. Lol Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bags! Nice color too! Those items inside are too cute. I am a miniature fanatic and had to go back through your pictures a couple of times to get all of the details. Lol! Great photo story as always!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!