Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Look at the LORI Gourmet Market (Musings of a Blogger)

Since I mostly post stories, I decided that when I post random things, like showing something I bought, found or made, I would add that it's my musings.  I'll see if I decide to update that theme.  Anyway, today I am posting about the LORI Gourmet Market set I bought from Target, made for 6 inch dolls.  I really don't need any more food, but just like I don't need any more dolls and continue to buy them, it's the same with other doll items.  

Someone showed another set (I think the kitchen one) on one of my FB doll groups.  Addict that I am, I ran out to look.  I found only this one in the store, but I order the other sets on the Target website if I'd like.  I don't know that I really want to pay shipping, so we'll see how that goes.

So, let's get into looking at the set I bought. 


As you can see, the packaging makes it pretty clear what's inside.  The back (which I didn't bother to take a photo of) lists what each item is. 

What's really important is to know how they look in scale.  So I invited some people to try out some food for scale taste.  You may recognize at least one of them. 

Song and Suhan tried out the fondue and the lemonade.  Both seem pretty good for size.  I hear the food is pretty tasty too.

Here are Wen and Daiyu.  You may notice that Wen and Daiyu have tattoos which match Song's.  That's because they are all sisters and have matching tattoos in honor of their father.  But we'll save the details of that for another time.  Wen is oldest and Daiyu is in the middle with Song being the youngest. 

The sushi seems a little small, but not bad.  Those rolls are a pretty good size and the chopsticks (which do not come apart) aren't bad either, I think.
 
Next up are some berries, a small (personal) pan of lasagna, a loaf of bread (slice it up and dip in olive oil, yum) and a small (personal) pizza.  The back of the package says a slice of pizza is included, and their is a slice that looks cut, but it doesn't come out of the pan.

Yes, that is a new pair of arms and hands you see to your left.  Well....

A couple of guys, who aren't even named yet, heard there were some single females sampling some food tonight.  They thought they drop by for two reasons - food and ladies.  They are hoping to get paired up.  Well, I hope it works out for them. 

Anyway, there are three bags of food, which remind me of the same bags of instant rice and pasta you can get in the store.  There is this steam pan, but the broccoli is glued to it.  Not a lot of room for play with that.  You can't change it up.  Then there are these string beans.  Just string beans stuck together without a plate specifically for them and since they can't go in the steamer (still trying to figure that one out), I guess I will need to find them a dish. 


Last, but not least, dessert.  Three chocolate covered ice cream bars, the perfect size.  See the hand of the other guy.  That's about all that got into the shot of him.  Hey, it was about the food, not guys eating and flirting. 

As you can see, Suhan also enjoyed an ice cream bar and there are 4 personal size ice cream containers in four different flavors.  You may have also noticed on the table that the guys have these small containers of dessert, also relevantly sized since many restaurants offer small portions and even shots of a dessert. 

Yes, you (oddly enough) also see a measuring cup.  Umm... Yeah, I don't know why that item was included.  These are all prepared foods, not a 'making a meal set.'  I'm thinking they could have added the string bean plate instead of this particular item.  Someone on the design team needs a good talking too.  Let's make sense, People!

Overall, it's a pretty nice set and it was around $15. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading my musings. ~ Jaye


14 comments:

  1. I just saw some of the LORI stuff tonight at Target, but they did not have this set. They had a camper and a car instead. This set is awesome, especially at that price. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the LORI loft? If it was 1:6 scale, I would have snatched it up. I think after I use up my current shelving, I'm toing to try to build an actual house (a small one) myself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love the food; it's nice even though some of the peices are glued into the containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You would think the string beans and broccoli would be interchangeable n the pan. Oh well. I'll just live with it.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this review; it's nice to see this set in relation to 12" dolls. Hopefully all the sets will be in stock once we get closer to Christmas. I also saw a picture of a barn and a horse trailer that will be in the lineup, but those are probably not useable for the bigger dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope more are available in stores too. The second set I want isn't even available online. I've seen the other things and they are way too small.

      Delete
  4. I bought this set on Saturday and was hoping that the scale was close, so thanks so much for sharing. I was hoping that it would be $9.99, but the $14.99 price tag didn't stop me. Lol! I was sold on the fondue set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny. It's still not bad for $14.99. Re-ment is more (and not always good for 1:6 scale) and keep paying for it. This isn't necessarily Re-ment, but I think just as nice.

      Delete
  5. It's going to take me days to catch up on all the posts I've missed since school started back. Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I see some useful pieces I'd like to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The posts will still be here when you have time. Thanks for taking the time when you have it.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Lovee...You creatively answered all of my questions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. I was wondering too, so since I took the plunge, I may as well show it for others who may be interested.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for illustrating the scale, I had been wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm glad I could share with everyone they can see if they want to purchase or not.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!