Monday, August 22, 2016

Carly Leads Her First Design Meeting

We last saw Parker at the Flavor Café, where he was grabbing something to eat before heading over to Henriched Interior Designs.  Parker, Henna and Carly have a meeting with Dani Nichols to start designing her bridal salon.

When they arrive, Dani happily greets them.  She gives Henna a hug.

Dani:  It's been a long time.  It's so good to see you again.
Henna: It's good to see you too.  Zavier had quite the surprise for you, huh?
Dani: He sure did.  That's why I love him.

After hugging, Henna steps back to introduce Carly and Parker.

Henna:  This is Carly Brooks.  She will be helping you design your salon. 
Carly:  Hello, I'm pleased to meet you.
Dani: It's very nice to meet you as well, Ms. Brooks. I'm so excited you will be helping me.
Carly:  Please call me Carly. I'm happy to be working with you. Full disclosure, this will be my first design job.  I hope you don't mind.  But I will make sure it's lovely.
Dani:  Congratulations!  It's my first salon and first time working with a designer.  I hope you don't mind.  Besides, we all have to start somewhere.  I had to convince my first bride I could make her look like she always dreamed walking down the aisle.  I got a chance to show my skills and now you have yours.
Carly: Thank you so much.

Henna: This is Parker.  He is my main and best contractor.  His work is excellent.  Normally I would have put another contractor on this scale of work, but for my friends, you get some special treatment.
Dani:  I'm pleased to meet you, Parker, special contractor.
Parker (smiling): It's very nice to meet you.  I'll be sure to do a good job for your dream business. 
Dani:  I am thankful for that.
Carly:  So let's get started.  I'll grab my Ipad and we can talk about your vision.

Carly sets her handbag down and pulls out her Ipad.  Henna's phone rings and she pulls it out to see who is calling.

Carly: What style are looking for and what color scheme are you considering?
Dani:  I'd like something modern, calming, elegant and welcoming.  I'm thinking light colors, almost neutral.  I'm hoping the gowns will stand out.
Carly:  Let's look around the room and discuss possible layouts.
Henna:  I'm so sorry to interrupt, but I need to take this call.  I'm just going to step outside.  You don't need my help anyway.  Carly has everything covered.
Dani:  Okay.  No problem.

Dani: I need fitting rooms.  I plan to try to have brides try on gowns by appointment, so I won't need more than three fitting rooms.  We may need to cut into the storage room and extend some walls.  I'm hoping to maximize space. 
Carly:  Will you have an area out here for family members or friends view the bride as she tries on each gown?
Dani: Definitely.  I also need space for displaying shoes, jewelry, veils, and different accessories.  I want to have bridesmaid dresses, maybe prom gowns during that season, but because they need to be special ordered in sizes and space here is a little limited, I want to make use of the store room and rotate some display items in and out. 
Carly:  I think we can be creative.  Is there anything major you'd like to change?  I know you want to extend if possible.  Would you like to add a half wall or divider?
Dani: I think we can keep it pretty open. I do have something major that needs to change.

She walks over toward the door.

Dani:  I need a new door. One that lets in more light and people can see through it.
Parker:  That's an easy fix.  We just swap this one out with your choice.
Dani: Good.  I also need a big picture window so I can display a teaser gown by the window.  I want people to be able to see in here and want to come in.  I need it as big as possible so prospective brides can see the happy people already perusing the store and want to be included.
Parker:  We can do that too.  I'll just need to check the structure and support, but we can make it work for you. 
Dani: Thank you.  (walking toward the other wall) I think this is going to be very nice.  We have a lot to do, but it's going to be worth it.

Henna walks back in.  She has finished her phone call.

Henna:  I apologize again.  How are things going? 
Dani:  Things are going well.  I can hardly wait to see it finished. 
Carly:  I have an idea of where to start.  I just need to take some measurements to mock up the space. 
Parker: I can help you with that, if you'd like.
Carly:  Yes, I'd appreciate that.

Carly and Parker take measurements while Henna and Dani chat.  Carly can hardly wait to get started with her ideas so she can present them to Dani.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

6 comments:

  1. It's all coming together! It was nice seeing Parker again. Did you make his clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely. I bought Parker's clothes. I prefer to purchase the male clothes. They are not as fun as the clothes for the girls. I'm sure the guys need more though. They have one drawer, the girls have three. But the guys have gown in number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how the salon turns out, and I'm sure Carly is already enjoying her articulated wrists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Champagne Star. I'm looking forward to seeing what Carly come up with too. Yes, Carly is working her new hands, isn't she?

      Delete
  4. This is going to be awesome!! A big picture window, door with open view, fitting rooms...I can not wait to see what you come up with. I love that you pay attention to details. Carly will surely do an awesome job! Looking forward to it!

    Do you plan to share the building of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to show it getting built out. Plus, I have some story stuff that gets fit in there. Now if I can just figure out how set up the street view, I will be happy.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!