Friday, August 12, 2016

I Couldn't Resist Her

I said I would not buy dolls this year because I want to focus on more diorama items and accessories, especially since there are lots of resident around here who have yet to be introduced or get screen time.  But I had a BFC coupon for $20 burning a hole in my pocket, so I couldn't let it go to waste, right?  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

So, the doll known as Uhura was the only choice for second quarter.  With free shipping, only $14.95 and totally worth it. I just got her yesterday and she's already out of the box.  Lots of bloggers have reviewed her, so I won't bother with that.  I will however, say a few things about her.

I don't like the styling of her hair, it doesn't even match the photo on the box. But this girl is still working it nonetheless.  I think at some point she will take a trip to the beauty salon for a dramatic new do, but for now, she'll rock a modified version of her hair. 

 Pretty close.  She is wearing that uniform.  Work it, Girl!
But can someone tell me why she isn't wearing the cool earrings on the box and these green things?

 She may be more mature, but she can still strike a pose.  Look out, Men.  Is there a cougar in the house?

 That big hair bump, those earrings and that space suit had to go.

 Can't quite tame those bangs, but she's still looking good.  Check out this side view.

 
 Here's the other side.  Yep, we need to do something about those heightened bangs.

Now we just need to find a name that suits her.  The rest will come. 

The other few ladies still in their boxes are probably really upset with me now.  But they'll get over it.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


12 comments:

  1. I totally understand not being able to resist this doll! I gave my Uhura a boil wash and swept her bangs to the side. I trimmed some of the extra long hair strands and she looks much better now! I agree that she has a more mature look to her, and I will probably cast her as somebody's mother, but not sure who yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Phyllis. I am debating what to do with her hair. Cut it, re-root it, try extensions. Maybe I'll do all of that in steps.

      Delete
  2. I can understand why you had to have her! I love the face sculpt they gave her - she really does have the essence of Uhura, doesn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a pretty good resemblance.

      Delete
  3. She is nice and a close resemblance (in my opinion). Jewell brought her to a club meeting and I am totally impressed with her especially redressed. I plan to get her day. I am having to slow my roll for a little bit....for right now at least. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she'll go down in price, making her a good deal. I need to slow my roll soon too. I think I've been on a spending spree.

      Delete
  4. The hair and earring choices are rather weird, since her photo is featured so prominently on the box. Still, she is one hot looking mamma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look good. I don't understand why Mattel would not have made her look just like the photo. That is just plain weird.

      Delete
  5. GREAT FIND... YOU HAVE HER LOOKING GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got mine and I love her....crazy hairstyle and all! I thought I got a deal but your price beats mine! I haven't taken her out of the box yet but I can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's pretty nice, even with that hair. I had to spend that coupon somehow. I'm glad I got her. Please post when you re-dress her.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!