Sunday, September 18, 2016

Inspired Take on a Diorama (Musings of a Blogger)

I had two inspirations for this diorama.  The bar, stools and bench just came to me one day while in the dollar store.  Of all the times I've passed them by, one day these items said, 'Use us, be creative.'  So I knew I needed to put them in a room. 

This take on setting up the diorama (what I call my quick up and down rooms using a cardboard box) was inspired by Muff's blog post regarding a how to fold a box.  I can use the same box I used before (Dr. McNeil's office) and give it a little more depth and space, which turned out to be great for this setting.  Thank you, Muff!

So, here are the photos of the diorama.

Close up of the inner/main area. I haven't finished with artwork yet, but I'm getting there. So far what I have up is re-painted earrings I was going to dispose of because the metal was turning colors.  I knew saving them would come in handy. 

View with the outer walls.  I wasn't sure about the darker floors at first, but now I really like them.

Close up of the bar with the liquor bottles (Megahouse items) and you can see the Orcara wine items on the rack to the right.  Have you figured out what the bar started out as yet?

 Side view of the bar.

Below is the room with some, yet to be introduced, residents enjoying the space.



The ladies thought they'd pose for the camera and then go back to enjoying themselves afterwards.

Here are what the bar, stools and bench started as.


Cooking Concepts...

I used the napkin holder for the bar.  I flipped it upside down, added shelves to hold the liquor, put two covered cubes on to lift and hold the table top and glued it into the bottom of the butter dish.


Cooking Concepts...

I covered two round floor protectors for furniture with fabric, added the same bling from the cubes to the top rim of the stools and glued the seats on top.  I also used the lid of one to make a bowl (I painted just the very bottom silver).
I just made a seat and placed it on top of the lid flipped upside down.  I didn't glue it together yet because I'm considering if I want to put anything inside.  I thought about putting lights in side, which could be cool and add atmosphere with dimmed lights.

I'm torn as to whether this should be a home bar or a public bar.  It's a little small for a public bar, but maybe it could be for limited events, including social hours with pre-sold tickets. Yes, I actually think these things through because I think they should be realistic. I have issues.

I'm open to suggestions/votes on which way to go - private (in someone's home) or public.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye



14 comments:

  1. This looks great! I think it would make a nice public bar, like a small VIP exclusive bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Champagne Star. A vote for public bar - noted.

      Delete
  2. So much creativity going on! I could tell what the bar was because I purchased those same items from the Dollar Tree, lol.

    I agree with Champagne, this could totally be a public space. A lounge at a small airport or a even at a salon or a fancy shop that get's ladies drunk so they buy more clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff. Thanks for the idea to use the box differently. Another vote for public. Those are some interesting ideas on where it could be located. I'll have to give that some thought.

      Delete
  3. I guessed napkin holders for the bar! I agree that this would make a great public bar, like in a hotel lobby or airport (like Muff said). All good ideas hear. BTW, love the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Public is really leading the vote. I guess it would get more use that way.

      Thanks, Phyllis.

      Delete
  4. Lady Jay, I love, love, love this bar set up!! You have really outdone yourself! Everything looks fancy and classy! I agree with it being a public bar. It is too nice for private setting and needs more exposure. Muff's box idea is awesome!

    Where do you find the time? Your sets are always so nice! I was thinking napkin holder, but not butter dish. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a theme going on here. I guess some lucky resident will get to run a bar.

      I have select shows I watch on TV, so I have to do some other stuff. Even with travel (which I do often) I am so happy to be home and not on the road, I really put some focus on accomplishing something. I am loving this diorama thing. Sadly, the bridal salon would have been further along had I not had the brainstorm for this bar I just had to finish.

      Thanks, Georgia Girl.

      Delete
  5. LOVED IT, PULIC BAR.... GREAT IDEA MY VOTE AS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ladonna. I guess it's unanimous. No going back now - public bar it is. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love your diorama. It looks so real and so very modern. You did a great job Interesting how you put that together with found items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April. I was so proud of myself for seeing the possibility.

      Delete
  7. Love the bar. I have that same napkin holder, and I was thinking I could make something out of it but I could not figure out what

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do make something, can you show us, please? I love to see people be creative.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!