Sunday, October 2, 2016

Fall Decorating (Musings of a Blogger)

I like to do minimal decorating for certain seasons or holidays.  I usually have one spot, a shelf unit sitting in the entryway, where I decorate.  I like seeing it when I walk in the door.  Christmas is the only occasion for which I spread out further. 

I don't like Halloween, so I won't be decorating for that, but I do have some Fall decorations.  This year, I'm using dolls as part of the shelf decoration.  I took a few photos to share.

 Here are Sani and Suhan dressed in clothes from LeeMa Fashions, of course.


Sani is wearing a one-piece jumper.  I like the fall colors.  That scarecrow next to Sani looks a little too happy about where he is standing.

 Suhan is wearing a sleeveless leaf top with a two-piece skirt combo.

Figuring out how to make that leaf work took a minute.  It's hand sewn onto a piece of green mesh material.  I cut around the bottom of the leaf so it could hang over the top of the skirt.

While I was setting up, I had a happy flashback of setting up for last year's White Christmas theme.  I have a couple of ideas for this year's Christmas I'm tossing around in my head.  But first I need to get through Fall and Thanksgiving.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. First of all, your dolls are beautiful!!! I too use my dolls to decorate the house for the holidays. I don't do Halloween but I do something rather elaborate for Christmas and New Years. The rest of the year is fashions according to the season. I always love seeing how other collectors use their dolls and other 1/6 scale decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April. I hope you post your Christmas and New Year's scenes. I would love to see it.

      Delete
  2. It is fun to use your dolls as part of your decor. I do it for Christmas. This year, I was thinking of making a manger scene using my dolls. I don't know if I would just do Jesus, Mary and Joseph, or if I could also somehow do the 3 wise men. Oh, and maybe an angel or 2! See how you have inspired me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have to do it, Phyllis. I'd like to see that. Making those costumes would be cool.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful setting!! I love fall colors. They are very calm in my opinion. Your fashions are lovely as always!! It is amazing that you sew, create beautiful scenes, and post on a regular. Very inspiring.

    That is great that you create scenes for the holidays. I have only done a Christmas scene once. I left it up throughout the holiday until the new year. Looking forward to what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. I love the richness of fall colors. Until last year, my decorating was just some simple items, but I thought I'd up my game a little. Are you going to do a Christmas scene this year?

      Delete
  4. I love Halloween, and it used to be the only holiday I decorated for but that was in my younger carefree days, lol. This is a grand idea and you executed it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff. Halloween is just too scary for me. If all the dressing was light and bright, instead of creepy, dark and spooky, I'm sure I'd love it.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!