Thursday, October 20, 2016

Still at Reds' Networking

Syren and Ember have started their evening at Reds'.  There are other people mixing and mingling, hoping to make some good business contacts or at least hope those business people will remember them when their business contacts are looking for someone.


Ember chats with a gentleman who has nothing to do with fashion, is not a business owner, but does share some interesting things about the company for which he currently works.

Some more business women chatting.

Azalia:  So how often do you think we should do something like this?  It's a pretty good turnout.
Syren:  I think once per quarter is fine.  Make sure you're getting business cards for every attendee, like it's required as the cost of admission.  We'll work on building your personal marketing database for constant contact. 
Azalia:  Okay.  That's good.
Syren:  We'll also think about other ways to drive some business here.  We'll need to gauge from where the business came each time you book.  So always ask how they heard about you.
Azalia:  We can do that.  I need to take some notes.
Syren:  I'll type up a guide for you and we'll meet next week for the three of us to get together and review.
Azalia:  Sounds great.  You are a marketing wiz.

Ember is still chatting with the same guy before she moves on to other people.  She's not very concerned or hopeful about the prospects this evening.  She's just happy to be out socializing.

Giavanna just came out of the kitchen to pass around sandwiches.  She was a little delayed with some mishaps with the kitchen staff, but things are under control now.

Giavanna:  Thank you so much for joining us ladies.

After offering the sandwiches, Giavanna takes the tray back to the kitchen until she's ready to pass out food again.  When she returns, she's interested in meeting people who have come to the event.

Giavanna:  Hello.  Thank you so much for coming.  I'm Giavanna.
Ember:  Hello.  I'm Ember.  You have a nice place.  It's great for events.  The food is delicious and the drinks are just right.  I've had the lemonade, just enough sweet and tart flavors to balance it.
Giavanna:  Thank you so much. 
Syren:  Hi, Gia.  Ember's my sister.
Giavanna:  Oh!  Wow!  It's very nice to meet you.  Please remember that we are available for private events.
Ember:  I have had meetings with my models at a venue before, but they are all under drinking age.
Giavanna:  That's okay.  As you can see from the lemonade, we serve a variety of non-alcoholic beverages.  We can accommodate your needs.

As they are chatting, in walks Jun.  Jun is a freelance graphic designer.  Although he does very well and is sought after for assignments, he knows it's important to keep seeking clients.  He's hoping to make some good contacts this evening.

Jun:  This place is pretty nice.  I think we'll make some good contacts tonight. We can both benefit. I can talk up myself and you to everyone we meet.  You can do the same and that will double our chances of both getting more business.

As Jun is talking, Gia hears him and turns around to welcome her new guests.

Giavanna:  Hello and welcome to Reds'.  I'm Giavanna and Azalia is my partner.  We're so happy you can join us this evening.
Jun:  Thank you. You have a nice place.  I'm glad to have the opportunity to make some contacts here.
Giavanna:  Great!  You just walk around, introduce yourself, let people know what you do and how you can help them and just go from there. 

Gia notices Jun's friend behind him and encourages him to come closer so he can hear her better.

Parker:  Hello. 
Giavanna:  Hi.  Have you heard most of what I've said already?
Parker:  Yes, I have heard some about the introducing yourself and making contacts.
Giavanna:  Okay.  Again, I'm Giavanna and Azalia, who is operating the bar tonight, is my partner.  You can see her at the bar behind me in black and white.
Parker (looking):  Oh, I get it.  Reds' as in red hair?
Giavanna (laughing):  Yes, that's right.  I'm going to go get more food to pass. If you'd like something to drink, please let me know and I'll put in that order and then get them out to you.  Please enjoy yourselves.

Jun starts introducing himself.  The first person he walks over to is Syren, to whom he offers his hand to say hello.

Jun:  Hi, I'm Jun.  I'm a freelance graphic designer.  And you are?
Syren:  I'm Syren.  I'm a marketing manager.  My company is a marketing and public relations firm and my clients are all external.  I'm actually more of a consultant.
Jun:  Very nice.  Does your firm ever use graphic designers?
Syren:  All the time, for marketing materials.

Parker:  Hello, Syren.
Syren:  Hi, Parker.  How are you?
Jun:  You two know each other?
Syren:  Yes, we do.  Parker works with my sister, who owns an interior design company.
Jun:  Well, what a small world.  I like it.  Let's talk about how I can help you and your clients.  But please excuse me for just a minute.

Jun knows there's another female behind him, so he wants to be sure he is not rude and introduces himself.

Jun:  Hi, I'm Jun.
Ember:  Hello, Jun, I'm Ember.  I own Journey Talent Agency.
Parker:  She's also Syren's sister.
Jun:  Really.  Now that I've seen two beautiful sisters together, both business women, I'd love to see the third.  You guys are like a trifecta.  What a combination.
Ember (smiling):  Thank you.  So you know Parker?
Jun: We're room mates.  He moved in about a month ago.  He's a good guy.
Ember:  Yes, he is.  Such a gentleman.  It's very nice to meet you, Jun.

They all end up moving around so that Syren and Jun can discuss business.  Parker and Ember have a seat on the bench to chat.

Parker:  Are you enjoying the evening?
Ember:  I certainly am.  It's good to be out. I have a good, regular sitter now, so I'll be able to feel more comfortable about attending more events like these. Cyann has always been helpful, but I also didn't want to impede upon her home life.  So I feel like my business is about to grow now that I can be a little more flexible with my schedule..
Parker:  That's good.  Congratulations!  I hope it works out for you.
Ember:  I'm sure it will.  What about you?
Parker:  Business is good.  Although I came this evening to make contacts, work is pretty steady.  We're wrapping up a couple of home remodels and a bridal salon.  But I do think expansion could be good.  I'm just picky about a crew. You should see the skills I ask someone to demonstrate before I'll hire them.  The good thing is, I've been able to do more managing of the work than hands on all the time.  That's progress.

Ember:  It sure is.  It's nice to be freed up to manage better and work on your business rather than all of the execution.
Parker:  It sure is.  The hours won't be so long each day, so I'll have more free time on my hands. 
Ember (laughing):  My, now you'll be challenged with figuring out how to fill it.
Parker:  Yes, I've thought about that.  I was hoping I could start with taking you out on a date to get to know you better.

SIDE NOTE:

Right now Jewell is smiling and cheering, but probably disappointed this episode ends here.  But don't worry, we'll be back to see what happens.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. I'm with Jewell! It is about time Parker asked Ember out! I look forward to going on their date --- I mean seeing them go on their date! This is a very good networking story. Love Jun. He is soooo handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess Parker had to work his way up to it. He wanted to establish himself and focus on his business before even considering pursuing a relationship.

      Jun is handsome and pretty smooth.

      Delete
  2. Squeeee! This is the moment I've been waiting for. I am perfectly content to wait for the next episode now that Parker has made a move. I hope Ember takes him up on his offer. That Jun is a smooth operator! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jun is good looking and he knows it. I'm sure Ember is surprised. Parker doesn't flirt or show his cards.

      Delete
  3. You know, as much as people were cheering for Ember and Parker to be in a relationship I didn't see it coming because I wasn't feeling any sparks between the two. Parker is a dark horse and keeps things to his chest I guess. Go Parker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Parker is just a reserved guy, who doesn't openly flirt. It takes him a while to get there.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Parker put the line on Ember all smooth like! I hope Ember goes for it. I've been saying they make a good couple since they met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, Parker was 'all smooth like.' We'll see how it works out.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!