Saturday, November 19, 2016

Getting the Low Down, the Day After

It's Sunday afternoon (the day after Parker's and Ember's first date) and Grayson is sitting in the living room playing his video game. Brooklyn is with him while Erwyn and Brenna are playing in Brenna's room.  Cyann has run out to pick up something on sale before the sale is over.  Ember is on her way over to pick up Erwyn.

Grayson:  Aw, Man!  Did you see that Brook?  Man, this thing is cheating.  Daddy's better than that.

Brooklyn is talking, but it's baby babble. 

Brooklyn is happily playing with her newest toy, propped up by her bobby pillow since she can't sit up yet.  The door bell rings and Grayson quickly goes to get it so he can get back in the room.  He figures it has to be Ember.

It is Ember. Grayson invites her to come into the living room and let's her know Brooklyn is there waiting.  Ember heads to the living room followed by Grayson.  Grayson can see Brooklyn is still where he left her.  Ember can see the game up on the television.

Ember:  I'm sorry I'm interrupting your game.  Is Erwyn ready?
Grayson:  I know she's dressed and most likely ready to go when you are.    But, as you can see from the missing car, Cyann ran out to the store.  She should be back any minute and I'm under strict orders not to let you leave.
Ember (laughing):  Of course you are.  I wouldn't want to get you in any trouble., so I guess I'll have to wait.  We don't want you to feel the wrath of Cyann, now would we?
Grayson:  Hey, I'm not 'fraida her.
Ember (smirking) :  Really?  You sure about that?
Grayson (grinning):  Yeah, I'm the man 'round here.  But, hey, there's no need to tell her, let's just let her live in her delusion that she runs things.  It makes her happy.
Ember:  Sure, sure.  We wouldn't want to make her live in reality, now would we?

Grayson just laughs.  He asks Ember to have a seat, but on her way, she puts down her purse and gets on the floor to pick up Brooklyn.

Grayson:  So, I don't know why she needs to speak with you but she must either need to tell you something or it has something to do with your needing a sitter last night.
Ember:  It's about last night.
Grayson (smiling):  Oh!  Well, I don't know what you did last night, but it looks like you're in for some questioning then. 
Ember (grinning):  I'll say, but I'm prepared.  I knew it was coming.  By the way, the pajamas are cute.
Grayson:  Thanks.  

They hear the front door open and after a few seconds in walks Cyann.

Cyann:  Hey, Girl.  I knew you'd show up while I was gone.  I'm glad you're still here.
Ember:  I told you when I'd be here this morning and you risked missing me?
Cyann:  I know, but I had to go grab this while it was on sale. It's a Christmas present and I had to get it before stock ran out.

Ember:  It's okay.  Grayson did as you asked, he told me I had to stay.  It would have been funny though had I grabbed Erwyn and left.  But I had mercy on Grayson.  He shouldn't suffer for my actions.
Grayson: Not a big dealI would have been okay.
Cyann:  What did you say?
Grayson:  I said, "I'm glad I will be okay."  You know since Ember was nice enough to stay.

Ember and Cyann laugh.

Cyann:  I'm going to go put this away, I'll be right back and we can talk.

Grayson turns off his game and gets up to go turn off the television and put the controller back on the stand.

Grayson:  I guess I'll retire to my room for a while.  It was good seeing you.
Ember:  I'm sorry you're not able to finish your game. 
Grayson:  It's okay.  It was cheating anyway.  Besides, I know how it is when you ladies need to talk.  It's time to just get out of the way.  Besides, I get to store these times up to use for when I need the room for the guys and I to watch a game.  It's living room takeover credit.
Ember (smiling):  I like that term.  Good way to think of it.

Cyann returns as Grayson is leaving.  She stops him to thank him.

Cyann:  Thank you for understanding I need to talk to Ember alone, Honey.
Grayson:  No problem, Sweetheart.  Do your thing.  I'll be in the room.

Grayson heads to the bedroom while Cyann sits down.

Cyann:  Okay, Girl.  Let's just get right to it.  No detail is off the table.  Tell me everything.  How was it?  Where did you go?  Did you have a good time?  Did Parker have a good time?  If you think he did, how could you tell?  Did he say so?  And, most importantly, are you going to go out again?
Ember:  I'm sorry, are you sure that's your entire list of questions?  I wouldn't want you to forget anything.
Cyann:  For now that list will work.  I'm sure I'll have some follow up questions, but that's enough to get us started.  So what happened?

Ember:  Well, I will answer everything as succinctly as possible, but I'm not going into that many details.  Just the important overview. 
Cyann: Okay, I guess that will suffice.
Ember:  I had a great time.  Parker was a gentleman, as usual.  You know, we've had conversations before, but our conversation last night was different.  He was definitely more talkative and I could tell he was truly interested in sharing and listening. 
Cyann:  Really?
Ember: Yes.  We went to Artaste, a really nice restaurant with great service, delicious food and nice artwork.  Girl, I have to figure out how they make their gelatin with these flavored mandarins.  I would definitely eat there again.  Anyway, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Cyann:  Oooooo!  I love it.  What else?
Ember (spotting Erwyn and Brenna entering the room):  Hi, Girls. 
Erwyn:  Hi, Mommy.
Brenna:  Hi, Auntie Em.

Erwyn:  Is it time to go, Mommy?
Ember:  Soon, Honey, but you have a little while longer.  I'm catching up with Aunt Cyan for a little while.  Do you have your things together?
Erwyn: Yes.  All my stuff is in my bag.  Does that mean I can play some more?
Ember:  Sure, Honey.  I'll come get you when it's time to go. 

Erywn:  Mom, does Erwyn have to go home today?
Cyann:  Yes.  You both have school tomorrow. Maybe we can have her stay for a few days over the holiday when school is closed.  That will give Auntie Em some time to do some things she wants to do, like shop or other fun things. (Cyann looks up a Ember and winks.)

Ember just smiles and shakes her head.

Cyann:  You and Erwyn don't have much more time to play today, so you should probably go back to finish playing while we talk.  Okay?
Brenna:  Okay.  It's grown up mommy talk, right?  We'll go play. 

On their way out of the room, Brenna stops to let Erwyn know she knows why they can't stay in the room.

Brenna:  You know why we have to leave?  So they can talk about grown up mommy things?
Erwyn:  What's that?
Brenna: You know, like what to buy us for Christmas or new furniture or if we've been good all day.  I think sometimes they talk about tv shows too.
Erwyn:  Oh.  I think my mom talks about her work too sometimes.
Brenna:  Yeah!  When I'm a mom, I'm going to talk about that stuff too. 

Cyann (laughing to herself):  Okay, Girls.  (pretending she doesn't hear) I don't know what you're talking about, but your time to play is limited, so you'd better get going.

Erwyn and Brenna leave to go play.

Cyann:  Okay, they're gone.  Where were we?
Ember:  Well, I was telling you how great a time I had. 
Cyann:  I know.  So what else happened?
Ember:  Now I need you to remain calm when I tell you this. 
Cyann: Okay?
Ember:  When we were about to leave the restaurant, Parker kissed me. He really surprised me!

Cyann lets out a scream of joy. 

Cyann:  Now I'm surprised.  Parker is a gentleman, but he's also smooth, huh?

Brooklyn starts crying. 

Cyann (handing Ember the bottle sitting on the table):  She's probably thirsty. 

Cyann:  So, how was the kiss?  Can he kiss?
Ember (smiling while remember):  Yes, he can.  He absolutely can.  You know, I haven't felt like that in a very long time.  After...well, I didn't think I'd never date again, but I guess I never expected to feel so, well, excited about someone again.
Cyann:  I understand that and I'm glad you feel excited.  Remember, he's not a replacement, but he can be a fresh new chapter.  Do you see what I'm saying?
Ember:  Yes. 
Cyann: Good, just roll with it.

After having drank for a little while, Brooklyn starts whimpering and reaching for Cyann, so Cyann gets up to take her.

Cyann: So are you going to have another date?  I'm assuming the kiss was a good sign.
Ember:  Yep, we're going to go out again.  We're going to start talking and just see where we go.  No rush.
Cyann:  Yeah, no rush, but at some point, you'll need to figure out expectations on both your parts.  But you have time.
Ember:  Yes, we do have time, but I do think once we figure out if we want to keep seeing each other, we'll talk about it. 

Cyann:  What about Erwyn?
Ember:  Well, she won't know anything until quite some time from now and only if we even get to a point of wanting to get serious.
Cyann:  Good.  That's best.  I'm excited, but I'll keep my cool.  Gray doesn't even know.  It's just between us until you say it's okay to discuss.  But you do know that Gray could find out, right?
Ember:  How?
Cyann:  Craig and Parker come over to watch games sometimes.  Parker's the quiet type, so I don't know if he'll even say anything any time soon.  But he's still a guy hanging out with guys, so you never know.
Ember:  If he says something, I can't stop him.  But I will be honest with him about not wanting Erwyn to know anything.  We've crossed paths before while out and about, so I will need him to not make it obvious that something is going on if we see each pass each other and she's with me.
Cyann:  I'm sure he'll respect your wishes.

Ember:  Me too. I'm not going to get ahead of myself.  Again, no rush. Nice and slow.
Cyann:  I am sooooo happy!  This was the highlight of my week.  I'm glad you went out and had a good time.  I won't drive you crazy with update requests.  I'll just be cool, like an ice cube.
Ember:  Yeah, sure.  That works, but let's see how long that ice keeps from melting.

ADDITIONAL NOTE

Avery's pregnancy has me on a kick (yes, I'm easily side tracked by the next big idea) to make maternity clothes and baby items.  That means working on designing the items and testing patterns.  So I made the Boppy pillow for Brooklyn just to include in the scene and test the pattern.  I may adjust the pattern just a little, but I am happy with the fit both for the baby and around mom's waist. 

Here's Cyann with Brooklyn on the pillow.  Although I'm not showing it, the Boppy is just the right height for breastfeeding.  I'm sure Avery (and other future new mommies around here) will appreciate that.

Here is Brooklyn with a better shot.  It supports her well. 

We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Jaye

14 comments:

  1. LOL, Cyann seems to be enjoying the relationship more than Ember and Parker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I guess it's just something to be excited for, for her friend.

      Delete
  2. Lots of laughs in this story. I enjoyed the conversation. And always go back and look at everything in the dio πŸ‘ πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! For some reason, I felt the need to re-do the sofa on the right just to even photograph this story. It originally had a gold cushion, no armrests on the sides and some throw pillows. I keep wanting to change something in this room. I guess because it was my second diorama ever and I keep seeing how I can improve upon it.

      Delete
  3. Loved it! Cyann did not miss "a" beat! Lol! Loved your attention to details as always. I love love love that you make their clothes!! The pj's are super cute!

    It is amazing how you put your stories up so quick. I always get excited when I see a post from you.πŸ™‚ Can we get a behind the scene post. I would love to see the whole set up. Thanks in advance.😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Georgia Girl. Thank you for the compliment about my making clothes. The only outfit I made in this story is Brooklyn's. I bought those Star Wars pajamas from someone the Bay.

      There's not much to see behind the scenes, but I'll see what I can put together.

      Delete
  4. I just loved the dialogue between Ember and Grayson before Cyann got home. Too funny! I think Cyann is just excited that her friend is starting on a relationship that has potential, but it is a good thing to take it slow. And not exposing it too her daughter before they know where they are heading is a very wise decision. But, I am still rooting for these 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Grayson is always talking tough, when he can get away with it. Cyann is excited. I think she would have been excited with her giving anyone a chance because she's been worried that Ember isn't really moving on with her life.

      Yes, Erwyn doesn't need to know a thing until it's absolutely necessary. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Love the Boppy! As soon as I saw it, I was like, "Oh my goodness! Is that a Boppy?!" I enjoyed the girl talk. And kudos to Ember for not parading every man she dates in front of her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewell! More baby stuff to come (as long as I can get it right).

      Delete
  6. You know how much I love baby stuff, so first my eye went to the cute baby seat in the corner. I love the boppy. I made one but it was too small to be useful. I have one in my sketch book, but it still may never get done. Lol! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new baby items you create. I'm happy that Ember is getting out and dating again. Mommies need their fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do, Vanessa. I need to invest in more of those baby chairs. I want to repaint them. For the one in the photo, I only added the cushion to go with the color scheme.

      I love baby things. I think companies just keep coming up with more innovative items for them.

      Delete
  7. Brooklyn looks so cute! You did a great job with the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!