Saturday, January 21, 2017

Chase's New Cut (Musings of a Blogger)

As I'm doing stuff, I sometimes either have a new idea I have to immediately complete or something I've wanted to do all of the sudden becomes an instant priority.  I was working on the Valentine's Day display when I had the sudden urge to cut Chase's hair.  I think it's because I was thinking about which couples to photograph and Chambray and Chase came to mind.  The thought of photographing him with the poofy hair disturbed me enough to make me take action.

So, I grabbed Chase and some scissors and started chopping.  Well after I looked up some haircut possibilities on the internet first to help figure it out.  Just so you can remember how bad the poof was, here's a photo.


I decided to work with the poof and not against it.  More hair on the top, less on the bottom in a layered fashion.  I'm happy with the way it came out.

 Although I could have let him rock this as is, I didn't.  I decided a quick boil dip with an application of gel under a scarf would lay it first and then I can prop it a little at a time as I please.  To preserve Chase's dignity (it's bad enough he had to actually wear the scarf) there are no scarf photos.  But here's the final result after his hair dried.

Just cutting the layers made it so much better.  He can rock it smooth or I can let it have some lift.  Chambray was so surprised and happy with the haircut.  She liked it so much, she asked that they have some alone time.  I agreed, but she had better not be running her fingers through it and messing it up. 

Thanks for stopping by.  ~ Jaye, part-time hairdresser

6 comments:

  1. Ah, he looks much more suave now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had one thing to worry about, messing it up so bad I'd have to re-root and try again. But if I had to re-root, I may have just chosen to flock him instead.

      Delete
  2. I was waiting for this post because I have a guy with similar hair. I applaud your efforts here. The after photo looks much more modern than the before pic. I come back to this photo several times before I decide what to do because if I mess up, I don't think my guy will look good in flocking (even though it is a technique I'd love to try.) There was another blogger who took her doll to her hairdresser for a cut and restyle. Unfortunately I can't do that but thank you for showing what can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really worked his hair out, lol. He's already handsome but he looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! He does look more suave and sophisticated in the last picture with his hair smoothed down, but I think he look really sexy and wilder in the initial cut you did.

    I have been doing some hair modifications too! I just redid a Justin Beiber head by cutting his hair off on one side and a little on the back and I combed over and trimmed the remaining hair and added a bit of jell after washing and conditioning it. Then I flocked the areas where I had cut off his hair. I loved how it turned out, so I gave him an Ever After High boy body that was a good skin tone match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the haircut! I like this look much better.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!