Friday, January 6, 2017

Cyann and Avery Catching Up


It's Wednesday afternoon, after Christmas, before New Year's, and Cyann is visiting with Avery.  Grayson is home on vacation, so Cyann has left the girls at home so she can just spend time with her friend.  Avery, who normally has Aviana home with her the days she works, has taken time off for the whole week, but to have a break and get some rest, she has chosen to still take Aviana to day care during the week.

They did enjoy the holiday party (sorry, no scenes to show from the party), which was very nice.  Everyone had a good time and it was very festive. 

Cyann:   I think we should think about having another holiday group party again next year.  It was fun being able to laugh and socialize.  Maybe your parents can come back again next year too. 
Avery:  I'm glad they could come too.  My mother was thrilled to be included.  She sees it as another path to acceptance.
Cyann:  Good for her.  Will she be coming back for the baby's birth?
Avery:  I would think so. 
Cyann:  That's good.  While we're on the subject of the baby, have you gone maternity shopping yet?  I wish I still had a few things to give you, but I donated everything after I had Brooklyn. 

Avery:  You know?  I've been putting things off, but I'm getting bigger and nothing is really fitting.  These sweat pants can't hold me over and the few dresses I have that I can still fit because they are loose in the first place can't won't get me through.
Cyann:  I'd be happy to go shopping with you.  And we can go baby clothes shopping together.  Are you going to find out what you're having?
Avery:  We haven't decided yet.  I kind of want it to be a surprise, but then again, I'd like to be able to figure out what to do about the blankets and other things I need to get.

Cyann:  Well you can always go for neutral things.
Avery:  I guess, but you know how cute the outfits are that are gender specific.  It's a choice of getting them ahead of time or running out later to get them.
Cyann:  How's everything else going with getting ready for the baby?
Avery: Well, Craig and I are still discussing whether I'll continue to work or not.  We'd like a bigger place with the new baby coming, but I don't want to stress our finances without my personal spending income.
Cyann:  Well you have time.  Plus you love this place.  The children will be small for a little while longer, so you have time before more space seems absolutely necessary.

Avery: Not to mention all that time and energy we spent time just figuring out the colors for this place.  I really like it here.  It's so convenient.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to go.  We've been here since we got married. 
Cyann:  Yes, that's probably a little hard. 
Avery:  I would miss my kitchen, although a larger one would be great.  We'll see.
Cyann:  Take your time.  It will come to you.  So how's everything else going? 

 Avery:  Oh, that reminds me!  I think Parker's seeing someone. 
Cyann:  Really?  What makes you think that?
Avery:  Well, he said that he finished up his shopping with the help of someone and I don't know too many men who would be able to help another one find good deals.  Craig wouldn't be able to help anyone with that.
Cyann (laughing):  I here you.  Gray can do okay by himself, but give advice?  I don't think so.
Avery:  Plus, he never denied it when it was brought up. 
Cyann:  Hmm...Do you have any idea about who it may be? 

Avery:  No, I don't know who he knows.  It's probably some woman he met while he was out.  I can see lots of women being interested in him.  He's pretty handsome and even when we were younger girls would drool over him. 
Cyann:  Oh.
Avery:  I just think to myself that it must be a reason he hasn't talked about her.  I know he doesn't say much in front of other people, but he's my brother, he talks to me.  I knew about his hesitation with Marlin.  Nice girl, just not for him.  But he went shopping with someone.  That's like trusting someone's opinion.
Cyann:  Yes, I guess it is.  But I'm sure when he's ready to tell you or it gets serious, he will let you know.
Avery:  That's true.  Anyway, it just hit me, I know she's a little older, but maybe you could start saving some of Brooklyn's baby things, in case we find out we're having another girl.

Cyann:  No problem.  I'll save anything she doesn't stain or tear up. If you don't have a girl, I'll just donate what I keep as usual. 
Avery:  That would be great.  I appreciate it. 
Cyann:  We do need to talk about a shower too.
Avery:  I don't need a shower. I don't want anyone going through the trouble.
Cyann:  It's not any trouble.
Avery:  Thank you, but I don't want anyone thinking they need to get us anything. 
Cyann (thinking she'll just do it anyway):  Sure.  I understand.

They chat a while longer before Cyann decides it's time to head home.  Avery relaxes a while longer before she goes to pick up Aviana.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

4 comments:

  1. Great story! Girl time is very important. I love spending time with friends. By the way, I love your decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl. Yes, sometimes you just need to be able to relax and chat about absolutely nothing.

      Delete
  2. That furniture is awesome! Is it repainted Gloria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff! Yes, it's Gloria furniture.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!