Monday, January 2, 2017

Post-Christmas Presents - New Residents (Musings of a Blogger)

So, there were no new residents under the tree this year, but lots of other good things were there.  Like a small action camera my husband bought me so I could get into tighter spaces for shots.  I didn't ask for it, he just thought it would be helpful.  He's so supportive of my hobby.

I am happy about everything I got, however, as any doll lover knows, once you want a doll, you just want it.  I just had to get more ladies because I just needed them.  So here are three new residents I gifted myself.

Here's Peyton:

 She's so pretty.

Just another shot of Peyton.

Next are Falon and Jayna.  Because they arrived together, they took shots together.

 I am loving these two.

L-R -  Jayna & Falon


Only Jayna is on her original body.  Peyton and Falon both have MTM bodies. 

Well, it's a new year with new things to do.  I don't have any resolutions, but I do have goals, like actually completing more residences and businesses and getting more residents into the mix.  If only I could stop being side tracked, I'd get everything done.  Oh, well, as long as I enjoy doing things, that's all that counts.

Happy 2017, Dolly People! - Jaye

10 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty! Is Jayna modeled after a celebrity or character? She looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff. I don't think Jayna is modeled after someone. Her sculpt is the Karl Lagerfeld doll sculpt.

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I like Jayna! That purple lipstick in on point! Congrats on your new ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brini. Unless I just cannot bring myself to touch it, I like changing the lipstick. I wish it was easier to keep changing lipstick. Painting is easy enough, I just don't want to damage the lips with using acetone too often.

      However, since I was already changing lipstick, I changed lipstick on two more ladies who have already been here. I've been trying to hold off on major changes until Janeer's shop is open. But since Jun's apartment is next in queue, I did a couple of minor things instead of waiting.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE all the new residents. Peyton has such a distinctive face and the other two are equally as pretty. I know what you mean about "when you have to have a new doll." I keep saying, that's it, no more dolls....until the next pretty face steals my heart!!! Happy New Year to you and your crew!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, April. I already ordered the new Nadja doll from IT, but since I ordered in December, that doesn't count for 2017. Let's see how far I get this year, and more males so the ladies aren't lonely do not count. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Very nice dolls that you gifted yourself. Your husband is super sweet to support your hobby. It makes it so easy when you have support on your side.

    Great job on the lipstick change and I love the picture up top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl. I just saw a MyFroggyStuff video that will help me with eyes. I'll see how that goes. I will not be changing any of the current residents' eyes (although I still will change up lipstick from time to time), but I have some 'background' people to help me work on my skills.

      Delete
  5. All three have such unique looks. Very pretty. Happy New Year! Looking forward to your new sets and stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think that's why I like them all so much. Anything that's not the same old mold is great. I just got a Steffie mold in the thrift store. I'm going to change her up and see if I like her. Something about the Steffie lips does not thrill me.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!