Sunday, February 12, 2017

Valentine's Day Isn't Just for Lovers

It's Saturday night at Reds' and Brett, Marlin and Bryce are hanging out on their night off. 

Bryce:  I have too many ladies available to have just one for Valentine's Day.  Besides, I'm glad I'm working.  Plus there should be some great tips that night.
Marlin:  Well, I'm off, but I would rather be working.  Not for the tips, although they'd be great.  I just want to be occupied.  You know?
Bryce:  I get it.  But don't even worry about it.  Or better yet, maybe you can just find someone else to pass the time with.  Brett, are you busy on Valentine's Day?  Maybe you guys could hang out together.  What do you think?

Brett:  That would be nice.  We can go out and pass Valentine's Day together. 
Marlin:  Well, isn't Valentine's Day for lovers?  We're just friends.
Bryce:  Everyone knows you can spend time with someone you enjoy being with, not just a lover.  Just hang out, pass the time.  Don't be a drag, Marlin.  Go have fun.
Brett:  Think about it for a few minutes.  I need to excuse myself.

Brett leaves to find the restroom.

Zale:  That's very nice of you to think about your friends.  You're right, people can just hang out to pass the time on Valentine's Day.  It can just be a regular day for people.  No need to get all bummed out about not being with someone.
Bryce:  Thanks.  I have to help people out.  It may be my calling.  Will you be alone on Valentine's Day.
Zale:  No, I won't.  Isn't that cool?
Bryce (laughing and getting the hint):  Yes, it is.

Gia walks over to check on people and Zale puts a bottle back on the shelf.  Then she decides to mingle with and check on other guests.

Gia:  I hope things are good.   If not, please let Zale or me know. Is there anything I can get for you?
Bryce:  No, thank you. This place is very nice.  The drinks tonight are delicious.
Gia:  The food should be served shortly.  Please try to taste everything.  You won't want to miss a thing on the menu.
Marlin:  I'm hungry, so I think I can do that.
Gia:  Great!  I'll stop by again and check to see how you like what you taste.

Gia starts talking to other guests.

Bryce:  Marlin, I know you had some issue with some other guy dumping you before, but Brett's a good guy.  Every guy you meet may not want to be with you, but they're not all going to treat you like that either. 
Marlin:  I know.  I guess I was just taking a break because of...well, some things I needed to work on about myself.
Bryce:  Do you think that you've worked on those things?
Marlin:  Yes, with a little help.  But I definitely know I've changed some. 
Bryce:  Then at the very least, just go out with Brett once.  I don't think you'll regret it.  Give him a chance.  It can tell he's into you.
Marlin:  Do you really think so?
Bryce:  No doubt.

Brett returns.

Brett:  Is the food out yet?  I'm hungry.
Marlin:  No, but it will be soon.
Brett:  Oh.  Well, that's good.  The menu looks good tonight.
Marlin:  Brett, I thought about it and I do want to go out on Valentine's Day.  It will be fun.  Let's go out and have a good time.
Brett: Really?  Sure.  I'm glad you want to go out.  We'll have a great time.  You won't regret it.
Marlin:  I know I won't.
Bryce (talking low to Brett):  See, I've got your back.  You've got this.
Brett:  Thanks.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

7 comments:

  1. I am glad Marlin decided to go out with Brett, even if it is just as friends. I know he is really into her and she just might find that he is the perfect guy for her! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Marlin is really trying to balance doing something different with moving on with her life. She's probably just being careful now. I hope it works out for the best.

      Delete
  2. Good for Marlin! Yay! I hope things work out for her. Bryce is so cute! Is he a new resident! Does he have a beau?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryce is a player, Georgia Girl. He likes women and because he's young and enjoying the attention, he's not in a relationship. Bryce has been here for a while. He works at Select Spaces with Marlin and Brett. You've seen him, but probably don't remember.

      Delete
  3. I like that Marlin is taking things slowly. That's wise given her history. I hope Brett understands and they can develop a strong friendship first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wingman skills! Good for Marlin and Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! It's about time Brett asked Marlin out (even if Bryce technically did most of the work).

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!