Saturday, April 15, 2017

Henna's Support Team

It's Saturday night and Henna is relaxing with her friend's Onyx Cahill and Peyton Adams at Peyton's condo.  Onyx and Peyton are both being supportive of their friend as she continues to heal after her break up with Maurice. 

Before we see what they're talking about, you may want to know a little about each of them.  Peyton is a television and move producer.  She used to produce files and television shows for a company called, 'Scene It.'  She has won award from that company for excellent projects she has produced.  Because she'd like to settle down and have a long-term relationship, she chose to leaves Scene It to take a job with a local television network.  It pays well and with her savings from her prior company, Peyton lives very comfortably.

Onyx is an Operations Manager at a major food company.  She manages lines which earn billions of dollars.  She travels the country visiting the plants for which she has responsibility.  She loves her job.  She is currently in a relationship, but like Henna, not ready for marriage at this time.

What are these ladies talking about?  Let's see.

Peyton:  I understand that you're going through it right now about Maurice, but you know you had the chance to change the outcome.
Henna:  I know.  But that's not the outcome I'm ready for right now.  What should I have done, strung him along with a long-term engagement until I was ready?
Onyx:  Heck, no!  You know that would only have made things worse.  Look, I know you're still trying to pull it together, but you need to figure out how you're going to move on now.
Peyton:  Yes, Onyx is right.  No need to wallow in the pain.  What shall we do to help you move forward.  You know, the get back on the horse thing?
Henna:  Okay.  Maybe that's not a good idea.

Peyton:  I'm not saying rush into a relationship, but maybe you should consider options.
Henna:  I know.  You're right.  I'm just so tired of feeling like this.
Peyton:  Well, you did love him.  But, Girl, you should have let go a long time ago.  You knew he wanted marriage and you didn't. You have to take responsibility for that.

Henna: I know.  It just hurts so much.  I mean, why can't I love him and want him in my life without having to get married.  I shouldn't blame him, but I feel like he messed up what we had.  If what he wanted was me in his life, he had it.  So why be so adamant about a piece of paper.
Onyx:  It's not just a piece of paper.
Henna (sighing):  I know.  I guess I feel like marriage right now will take me away from my business and I'm not ready for that.  He has a business to keep growing too.  So I thought at some point he would see how our relationship could work.  We both have businesses to run. I miss himHe's such a sweetheart. So thoughtful.


Peyton:  Henna, you know I love ya and all that good stuff, but you need someone who thinks like you.  A man who wants a long-term relationship but not worried about being married.  But don't forget, one day you may want children.  You can't wait too long to make that decision.
Henna:  I know.  I want children.  I do.
Peyton:  Then you should really give some thought to why you don't want to get married. Are you really not going to be able to grow your business just because you have a family? 

Onyx: Yes, doesn't your sister have a business that she started with a child?
Henna: Yes.  And she wasn't in a relationship because of losing her husband.  But she does have Erwyn.
Onyx:  See?  It doesn't have to be all or nothing.  Now, you know I'm right where you are right now.  Not getting married any time soon.  But there are different strokes for different folks.  I really believe if I find someone I love that much, marriage can be put on the table.
Henna:  I'm sure you're right.  Well, I made my bed.
Onyx:  Yes, now after you've laid in it and you're ready to get out of it, it's time for some fun. We need to do something to take your mind off of Maurice.

Peyton:  I love it!  Let's do something fun.  We need more than a girl's night.  We need a vacation. 
Onyx:  I'm so in!  Where should we go?
Peyton:  Well, it just so happens I'm going to do a short production project on the side which requires my presence in California this July.  I think it would be cool if we all went.  The room will be paid for, I'm getting a lovely suite.  We can stay for a few days, go to the beach, party.  Oh!  We'll live it up on the West Coast.
Onyx:  You don't have to convince me.  Now we just need the third amigo to buy in.

Peyton:  Well, Amigo? Que Pasa?
Henna (laughing):  I guess that sounds good.  I could do California.
Peyton:  Great!  We'll have a good time.  Now, aside from Cali, we'll also need to start getting out more locally.  I, myself, am in the market for a stable man.  Unlike you two, marriage is on the menu for me. 

Peyton:  Can you start dating again?  At least some flirting?
Henna:  I think I'm up for that.  I can take a page from Ember's book.  She lost the love of her life and while it took her a while to get there, she is dating again.  I think her heartbreak was worse than mine.
Peyton:  That's a good way to look at it.

Onyx: So that's the plan?  Cali in July and some evenings out before and after?  Right?
Peyton:  That's the plan.  We're in for a hot summer! 
Henna:  Okay. That's the plan. We're in for a hot summer.

Well, it looks like Henna's friends are going to find a way to help her move on from her break up.  Good for her.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


4 comments:

  1. Interesting group of ladies! Sounds like they are going to have a fun summer! Good attitude, Henna -- at least getting there. I do wonder how she will feel if Maurice starts seeing somebody though. Always interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how she'll react too, Phyllis. I'm sure it will be hard. Well, unless someone comes along for her too.

      Delete
  2. I like that her friends are slightly calling her own her own behavior but still very supportive of her. I'm actually wondering if distance from Maurice will make her reconsider marrying him.

    I'm not a fan of marriage in general, however, I still said yes when asked, because it seem rude not to and I thought that would be a huge rejection to get over and a gentle breakup down the line would be better. Those were my younger days though. Now I'd be like, "Uh, no thank you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Muff. Friends shouldn't feel like they always have to agree with each other. It will be interesting to see how things go with Maurice and Henna moving on separately.

      It's interesting someone would propose without having some knowledge or understanding of the other person's feelings about getting married.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!