Saturday, May 27, 2017

Blaze Far (Musings of a Blogger)

With so many ladies in the house, male residents are still outnumbered (I don't know the ratio, I just know there are clearly lots more females here).  Many of these ladies would either like to be married, dating or just playing the field.  Yes, it would be a rather small field, but they'd like to play it anyway.  So when I saw this new handsome young man by Integrity Toys (IT), I snatched him up. 

He arrived today in his box...

 I don't keep boxes, but I thought I'd show it.  Normally the dolls arrive in black boxes.  Surprisingly, there's even a photo of him on the paper inside after you open the box.

 Nice photo, can you see already why I wanted him?  So I took off the paper and voila!

There inside is the doll identified as Tate Tanaka of I.T.'s Industry line.  He comes with some nice sneakers and an overnight bag.  I'm loving that jacket he's wearing.  He also has some accessories...I...I'm sorry.  Please hold for a minute, something is going on. I see some movement...Wait a minute, why is she headed over here?

Miss Slay:  Tate, Babe!  What a surprise!  How are you?
Tate:  Hey! I'm good, Nadja.  How are you?  So this is where you ended up?
Miss Slay:  I sure did. It's a pretty nice place.  I think you'll like it. 
Me:  What are you doing out of the case?

Miss Slay:  I could see my friend is here, so I came over to say hello.  I see you want to take photos of him, but I think he just needs to get out of this box now.  He's had a long trip.
Me:  I know.  I'm getting there.  Can I have a couple of minutes?
Miss Slay (sighing):  A couple of minutes is two minutes longer than he needs to be in here.  Never mind, I'll just do it myself.
Me:  Really?

Miss Slay:  Darn it.  I think we need some scissors. I'm sorry Tate, but it IS going to take a couple of minutes, but I'm working on it.
Tate (whispering):  Is that lady the one who takes care of things around here?
Miss Slay:  Yes, she invited you to be a resident here.  (whispering) Don't tell her I said so, but she's pretty cool.  But I just need her to agree to some things I want sometimes.
Tate:  Maybe we should wait for her to get me out.  We don't want to be disrespectful.
Miss Slay (puffing):  Okay. Fine.

Miss:  So, I guess maybe this is a job for you.  But can you speed it up a little, Honey?  It's warm  and this poor thing is in that hot jacket.
Me:  Sure. 

I know you're asking yourself right now why I put up with her.  I'm asking myself the same question.  But I am going to remove the new guy from his cardboard confines.  No scissors necessary.  Just untie the ribbons. So he's out now.

Tate:  It's so good to see you, Nadja.  Thank you for trying to help me.
Miss Slay:  Sure, Babe.  Any time.  But, I need to tell you something.  For now, everyone just calls me Miss Slay. 
Tate:  Okay.  Why?
Miss Slay:  As if it weren't obvious, it is because I do.  But also because Miss Lady over there thinks the names we were given are just identifiers.  Everyone gets named by her. 
Tate:  Oh!  Okay then.  I can get used to a new name.  What else do I need to know?
Miss Slay:  Well, everyone gets a life around here, except for the Display Ladies in the glass cabinets behind me.  But that's their permanent job. Stand and look gorgeous.
Tate:  Oh!  They're all so pretty.  So that's what you are?
Miss Slay:  Yes, part time.  I'm special, so I'll also have a life.  Want to hear about it?
Me:  Umm...you don't have a life right now, so table that conversation.  Besides, I want to get on with the rest of my day.

Tate:  Ma'am, if you don't mind, can I take this jacket off, please?  I am a little warm.
Miss Slay:  See, I told you he needed it off. 
Me:  Yes, you can take it off.  I want to get some photos of you.
Miss Slay:  I'm going to have a seat on these crates while I wait.  But first, let me grab that daggone net off your head.

Finally, Miss Bossy is going to step aside.

Miss Slay:  I have to tell you, just so you'll know, we're part of the 'it' crowd around here.  The rest of the residents are mostly 'B's' or something.
Tate:  We're it?  Like the in crowd?  Automatically?
Me:  First of all, Miss Slay is confused.  You are not 'it' as in part of the crowd.  You're I.T. dolls.  And I love the 'B's' who come from Mattel just as much.  Don't let her pump your head up.
Tata: Yes, ma'am.  I understand. 
Me:  Please have a seat and we'll put your sneakers on so I can take a picture.

Tate:  I'm so sorry, ma'am.  I cannot sit in these tight pants.  They look fashionable, but they are as tight as they look.  Maybe tighter.
Me:  Not to mention, I don't know why they are black.  Guys as light as you usually ended up stained.  Well, fortunately, I have some other items you can wear.  I'll put the sneakers on while you stand up.
Tate:  Thank you, ma'am.

Me:  There.  That's very nice.  You look good.
Tate:  Thank you.
Me:  By the way, your official name is Blaze Far.  You have a brother, named, Bo.  He's just as good looking.
Blaze:  Blaze, I like that name.  I'm looking forward to seeing my family.  I am also looking forward to meeting my girlfriend or wife.  Whatever you choose to give me.
Me:  Yes, lots of ladies will be excited to be matched with you. I'll figure it out. Now let's get those pants off.

Miss Slay:  Hold onLet's not be in such a hurry.
Me:  What?  Why?
Miss Slay:  Blaze, it is Blaze now, right?
Me:  Yes.
Miss Slay:  Blaze is a hot commodity and should be treated as such.  I have a suggestion.
Me:  I may regret this, but what is it?
Miss Slay:  I think he needs to meet a few of the available ladies and see who's a potential match. Let's see who he likes first.  I mean, just like me, he should be able to have his preferences met.
Me:  I guess that couldn't hurt.  Maybe we could do speed dating.  I think you should have a seat so I can talk it over with Blaze directly and get his thoughts.
Miss Slay (frowning and I'm pretty sure pouting):  Sure, Honey.

Me:  So what do you think of that idea, Blaze?  Would you like to do some speed dating and meet the eligible and interested ladies?
Blaze:  If it's not too much trouble, I would be honored.  Thank you, ma'am.  I would also appreciate your opinion after I meet with them.
Me:  No problem.  I'd be happy to give you my opinion.
Miss Slay:  Me too. 
Me:  So it's settled.  I'll make the arrangements.  But you are not wearing those tight pants, so you can sit down.
Blaze:  I would appreciate that too.  Thank you.

Miss Slay:  See, I hooked you up.  I should be an agent, along with being a model of course, who also is or gets engaged to a good looking, dark, handsome, successful man.  In case anyone needs a reminder.
Me:  No one does. 
Miss Slay:  Blaze, come hang out with me in Display for a while.  I'll introduce you to my friends. 
Me:  Yes, go do that, please.  I'll be back again later, when the speed dating is ready.
Blaze:  Thank you, ma'am.
Miss Slay:  Yes, thank you, Babe. 

I like Blaze, he's as humble as Chi.  I wonder if she'd be interested in him.  I'll put the word out and see who responds. 

Until next time, thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the arrival of Tate! He's very pretty. And I'm surprised Miss Slay wasn't peeling off her own thick coat while she was fussing over Tate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take off the fur coat she thinks makes her look good? I doubt that. Plus, unlike Blaze, who is wearing a long sleeve shirt, she barely has anything on under that coat.

      Delete
  2. You've reminded me that I need more guys in my doll world too! What I really need right now are more Ever After High guys, which is difficult, as Mattel only made a few. Well, I'd still like to get male dolls in Barbie size too. I think IT guys are mostly out of my budget.

    This speed dating should be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, more men are needed. I hope Mattel comes out with more males too. I've seen some new Fashionista males who look pretty good. However, once again, getting them on an articulated body is a challenge. With all of my ladies being articulated, they don't want a stiff guy.

      Delete
  3. Blaze is quite handsome......I'm surprised Miss Slay didn't devour him on the spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Miss Slay has been pretty specific about her ideal man. He doesn't fit the bill. Plus, he's younger (and less mature) than her and she likes men who are at least her age or older.

      Delete
  4. Certainly not to generalize, but he looks like someone. Do you know if he's based on a character or actor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know. It's very possible he's based on someone, but IT didn't reveal that as far as I know.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!