Sunday, May 7, 2017

Just a Day at the Bridal Salon

It's Friday afternoon and Felice and Bailey are working at the bridal shop.  Dani has taken the day off.  She trusts that Felice and Bailey know how to operate the store on their own.  There are customers today.

Bailey is helping a customer, Katie, who has brought her younger sister, Katya, with her to start considering gowns.  Felice is assisting a customer, Renee, who made an appointment to consider bridesmaid dresses.  She has not started the search for her own gown yet. 

 
Bailey:  Keep in mind that we can order anything you'd like.  We can tailor items or, with enough time, you could have something special made.  But that type of order can take months.
Katie:  Hmmm...I don't know that I need something special.  Darned if I can imagine what I'd like to wear enough to design it myself.  I just know I want something that will keep me cool, since it will be the middle of July.
Katya:  You need something short sleeved for sure.
Katie:  I was thinking sleeveless, if possible.
Bailey:  We have sleeveless options.  We don't have everything out on the racks.  I think I have something you may like hanging in the back.  If you don't mind following me to the dressing room, I'll go grab it while you get ready to try it on.
Katie:  Okay.  Thank you.

Renee:  I don't know why I find this so hard.  I know what color I'd like, but these options are just so nice. 
Felice:  That's why I pulled some options from our photo cards, instead of bringing out the entire catalog.  I thought it would help narrow things down based on our first conversation.  I can see this is a tough decision.  What about your bridesmaids?  Have you spoken with them to see what they would feel comfortable wearing?
Renee:  Oh!  I should do that?  I just thought I pick a dress and tell them it's what I've selected.
Felice:  You could do that, but you are selecting a dress that should look good on them all too.  So while you should have a couple of items, it helps to get the group involved and have them try things on.  We will have to get them the correct sizes.  Plus there are considerations for what will look good too.
Renee:  Really? Like what? 

Felice:  For instance.  I know you want something for the summer.  You asked for strapless, but this sleeveless dress may be an option for bridesmaids who are more, shall we say, modest.  But without knowing what your bridesmaids will feel comfortable wearing, we won't be sure about the option.
Renee:  Wow!  I never would have thought of that.  See, that's why I need your help. The color, I have down pat, but the style, well, I need all the help I can get.
Felice:  I will help you as much as I can every step of the way.

The door opens and in walks Leera Medina.

Seeing her, Felice asks Renee to excuse her so she can greet the woman who has just entered.

Felice:  Hello.  Welcome to Dani's Bridal Salon. 
Leera:  Hello.
Felice:  I would be happy to assist you.  Please give me a few minutes as I'm currently assisting this customer.  Is there a particular item you may want to start considering while you wait?
Leera:  I'm sorry to interrupt.  I was hoping to speak with the manager or owner, if possible.  I believe that would be Ms. Nichols.  Am I correct?
Felice:  Yes, she isn't in today.  If there is an issue, I can certainly help you.

Leera:  No, there's no issue. I was just hoping to speak with her about a business opportunity.  I design clothing and I wanted to see her about a very limited gown option for this store.
Felice:  Yes, I can take your information in just a minute.

Katie:  I think this is beautiful.  I wonder what bridesmaid dresses could go with this.  Hopefully I can get them in the same pink color as the flowers, if I go with this one.
Bailey (to Katya):  What do you think?  Do you like this one too?
Katya: Yes, it's very pretty.  I do hope you can find us pretty bridesmaid gowns in that pink color.  That would look good.
Katie:  I do want to try more on before I make a final decision.  But this was a great first selection, Bailey.  I like it. 
Bailey:  Good.  I'm glad to hear that.  I have a few more options you can try.  Take a few more minutes to consider this one and I'll run to see what else we have and show you them.

Renee:  I'm just looking at these dresses.  It will only take a few minutes for you to get this lady's information.  Go ahead while I sit here and think for a few minutes.
Felice:  Are you sure you don't mind?
Renee:  No, I don't mind at all.  I need the time to think anyway.
Leera (to Renee):  Thank you.  I will only be a minute.  I appreciate it.

Leera leaves her information with Felice, who will provide it to Dani.  Renee continues to stress over the dresses until she decided to make another appointment in two weeks, on a Saturday.  She will bring her bridesmaids at that time.  Katie enjoys trying on a few more gowns, but is pretty much sold on the first one and Katya is supportive of her choosing that one.

It will be interesting to see if Dani chooses to allow Leera to provide some wedding gowns for the salon.

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely! I love the effect that your stories always seem to have on me. They make me want to run right to my doll room and PLAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!! You are so sweet, Jewell. Yes, go play. We're all dying to see how Deirdre gets out of her situation with Crazy Man.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jewell. That is one classy wedding salon!Everything is so perfect. You did an amazing job!!!! he dress is really pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I hope that Leera is awarded the opportunity to create dresses for the salon. Great photostory as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgia Girl! Leera and Dani both want to expand their business. I see a great collaboration on the horizon.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!