Friday, June 23, 2017

Maryanna it is! (Musings of a Blogger)

As you know, the newest curvy lady in the house had not been named.  But I was reading comments from the post and Muff told me she looks like Maryanne from Gilligan's island.  So, I then had a name for our new lady, Maryanna.  I had to add the 'a' and change it a little, but I like her name.  Thanks, Muff!

I'm debating whether I want to try to alter the dress she came with, but with other options for her to wear, it's not a big deal.  I changed Maryanna's hair a little, painted her nails and added a little lipstick. She also loves onyx, so now she has an onyx ring surrounded by gold.  Of course I re-dressed her and snapped just a few photos.  As much as I wanted her, I didn't expect to like her so much.  I'm glad I bought her. 

Here are a few photos...



Isn't she pretty?  She's going to make a lovely model.  Vedette is so proud of herself for suggesting it.

By the way, I broke down and bought another curvy girl for her body and Tandra's niece.  They should be here next week.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

14 comments:

  1. She looks great! I like her name too. I saw a photo on Flickr from David Bocci where he remade the dress. https://www.flickr.com/photos/80271269@N02/35240760816/in/faves-126338865@N04/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. He did a great job with that dress.

      Delete
  2. I think she looks better now that you've given her a "makeover." Her smile seems bigger and she seems to shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. She does shine now.

      Delete
  3. Love her new look and her name, too. It's beginning to feel like my dolls will never come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be there before you know it, Jewell. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Muff was spot on...she does look like Maryanne! She is lovely and I like her dress, esp. the edging at the bottom. Very summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought of her looking like Maryanne. Thank you. I need to get to making more clothes soon.

      Delete
  5. She is a pretty one. I hope she arrives soon in Dotsville. I love the classic sheath dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY I think curvy model is a GREAT idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I feel like I got to name a baby or something, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brini, Ladonna and Muff, for some reason I cannot reply to your comments all of the sudden. It's only happening on this post now. Anyway, Brini, thank you. Please keep us posted on the newest resident when she arrives.

    Ladonna, I don't need a curvy girl uprising, so I need someone to help me get back to work on their options.

    Muff, thank you for the suggestion. It was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maryanna is a really pretty name for such a pretty dolly. Your new doll is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL ok....... Teachers cooks daycare worker/owner

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!