Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Are You Happy Now?

Before we get into this story, I have to say that it is being told due to a complaint (well several complaints) I received.  I'm doing my best, working hard (which most people would understand), but still someone is not pleased.  Rather than understand, here I am putting my regularly scheduled stuff to the side so that I don't get another complaint and someone will be happy.

By the way, I'm trying to be nice by not saying who complained.  I'm avoiding drama.

Isis:  Excuse me, please.  I'm sorry, very sorry to interrupt.  But since it will be clear anyway who complained, I figured I may as well explain myself.  May I have a minute to tell my side.  I promise, there will not be any drama from me.
Me:  Sure, if you're telling on yourself anyway, go right ahead.
Isis:  Thank you.

Isis:  First of all, I would like to thank you for listening.  Second, I would like to clarify that I didn't not complain.
Me:  You didn't?
Isis:  No, I didn't complain. I simply asked a few times...
Me:  Several times.
Isis:  Okay.  Several times I asked about my wedding.  I was hoping for a summer wedding.  I see that won't happen, which is fine.  Fall could work just fine.  But I simply asked about moving forward with wedding plans so that I can marry the man I love.
Me:  I know you want to get married and I'm sure it will be beautiful.  You know about the baby store and Avery is having a shower and, well, I just have so many details to get right.

Isis:  I know my wedding will be beautiful because of your love for details.  I also understand you are working hard and I'll have the same hard work for my wedding.  Not to mention, I can hardly wait until I need to shop at the baby store too.  So, I love that you're working on it.  It's just that I'd like to get married and get to the point of needing to go to the store.  Hopefully quite a few times.
Me:  I get it.
Isis:  I don't mean to sound ungrateful and I don't mean to complain.  I have just meant to get a status, that's all.
Me:  Fair enough.  Can we get to the reason I'm posting today, please?  Then I can use more of my time to get things moving.  Is that okay?
Isis:  Yes, of course.  And please know that I do appreciate you.  I truly do.
Me:  Yes, I know and I appreciate your appreciating me.  Okay then.  On with the story.


It is Sunday morning and Isis Knight has a scheduled appointment at Dani's Bridal Salon. Her appointment is with Bailey. Although the salon is by appointment only on Sundays, Dani is assisting Bailey for two reasons.  There is never only one employee working at the salon and she wants to help Bailey with her sales and customer service skills.  While Bailey is always pleasant and helpful, she still needs to learn more about closing the deal and helping brides select something which will work for them and their wedding party.

Accompanying her are her mother, Sabine Knight, her maid of honor, Jayna Hill, and one of her bridesmaids, Daiyu Li.

Isis:  Mom, I like some of these, I just don't think they are really what I want.  They're all pretty, but I like different things about some of them.
Sabine: Honey, you may never find the perfect dress, but you should find something as close to what you'd like, that looks good and fits the budget.
Isis: I guess.  I just want to look special.
Daiyu:  You'll look great in anything you choose.

Bailey:  We have lots of options you can choose from.  I can show you lots more photos.
Daiyu:  That's a good idea.  Maybe more will help.  What do you think, Jayna?
Jayna:  I don't know.  There are so many choices.  They are some pretty gowns.  Maybe something else will strike her as the one.  Maybe she just hasn't seen it yet.

Dani (speaking low to Bailey):  Here is where you can help her focus.  Try asking what is most important in her styling.  Is her vision modern or vintage and is she a ruffle or lace bride.  Get her to think and that will help her focus on you with how to search for just the right gowns.
Bailey:  Okay.  I'll do that.  I think I've heard Felice ask lots of questions.  I always thought she was just curious.
Dani (laughing):  Maybe she is, but mostly she is helping the customer to clearly communicate and zero in on what they want so she doesn't run around like a chicken with her head cut off.
Bailey:  Okay.  Got it.

Bailey:  Ms. Knight, I really want to help you find the gown of your dreams.  Let's talk about what specific things which are important for your gown.  Is that okay?
Isis:  Yes and you can call me Isis.  My mom is Ms. Knight.
Sabine (frowning at Isis):  Thank you?
Bailey (smiling and holding back a laugh):  Yes, I will call you Isis.  So let's talk about what's important about your gown.

Isis:  I think I'd like something strapless and long.
Dani:  I don't mean to interrupt, but let's go step by step with Bailey asking specific questions and your answering them.  That way I can take notes.  Bailey, can you start with the basics on color and go on from there?
Bailey:  Yes.

Bailey asks a series of questions about color, ruffles, lace, trains, dress length and adornments to get a better picture of what Isis wants in her gown. Dani takes notes and they finish discussing Isis' dress preferences.

Bailey:  This gives me a good idea of how to narrow down options for you.
Isis:  Okay good.  Thank you.  So what's next, more photos?
Bailey:  I can find photos for you to look at, it will take me a few minutes.
Dani (mouths to Bailey and nods her head toward the fitting room): Try on dresses.
Bailey:  Umm.  While I am searching for gowns, I think it would be a good idea to try on dresses.  You can start to see how you will look in certain styles.  Sometimes what you think you won't like, you love and vice versa.  Besides, it's fun to try on wedding gowns.

Jayna:  I like that.  Let's see how you look in some gowns.  Then we can see about our dresses.  We'll need to pick something that compliments your style.  
Daiyu:  Yes, I agree.  Let's get to the fun part of seeing you gowns.

Isis tries on a few dresses.  Here are some photos of her.



Isis apparently has a vision of a gown she'd like to wear.  Darned if I know what it is.  She's all over the place.  We'll get to see it during her wedding. Isis is back to planning her wedding and soon she will be taking those nuptials.  Isis, are you happy now?



Isis:  Yes, I am very happy and I'm looking forward to walking down that aisle very soon.  I hope...please.  Thank you so much.
Me:  I got it.  I got it.  

Well back to work for me. Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye 

16 comments:

  1. Tell Isis I understand. I have a few couples waiting for their weddings, not to mention some who have been pregnant long enough to birth elephants! My residents are starting to grumble too. But Jaye I understand what you have on your plate; you create all of your product details and I admire you for doing that. I'll have to shop in your store, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brenova! I enjoy the details, they are just time consuming. And then, I come up with yet another thing I want to concoct. Isis will be very happy as I have been gathering and working on items for her wedding too. I have about 30 seat covers to make too so she can have nice chairs. So, she'll be fine once she walks down that aisle.

      Delete
  2. That shop is so cool! You really have an eye for style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Muff! I was just thinking about how I can put in new dress racks with better lighting to really highlight the dresses hanging in them. But I guess I'll just have to wait.

      Delete
  3. I can understand Isis's impatience, but doll time is not the same as people time! I mean, 2 years can pass by for humans when it may only be a couple of months in doll time! After all, they don't seem to age at all, do they??!! Any way, you always put so much detail into your stories, I am sure that when you do get going on Isis's wedding it will be beautiful! And I know she will be very happy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Phyllis. Yes, I was thinking about aging the other day. Because Brooklyn can't stay a baby while Avery has a newborn. So at least on kid may have to age soon. LOL! I know I have issues.

      Delete
  4. Great bridal shop, I want to go there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate your stopping by to take a look. I'm sure Dani would love the business.

      Delete
  5. I was never particularly good at "closing the sale" when I worked in retail, although it was never in the bridal market. You have to be made of pretty strong stuff to work in bridal!

    I'm so far behind on posting on my own story that it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I am not a sales person either. I figure if you want it, you'll buy it. I don't have the drive to push for a sale and I don't like sales people who push for one either.

      Delete
  6. Julianna feels the exact same way as Isis!! Lol! They were engaged in 2014. I have gathered items, but I have yet to start on the dresses. My doll's is a wedding long overdue. Lol!! I agree with everyone, Isis wedding will be awesome! Your attention to details are phenomenal. The bridal shop looks great by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl, the dresses are such a choice, just like in real life. So much to do.
      Thank you so much for the compliments!

      Delete
  7. Hello! First I have worried about the complaints, but then I have already understood what was really happening lol. Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand the text correctly (I speak Spanish and only a little English). A fabulous post, I really liked it. Isis is very pretty with the two wedding dresses. Surely you make a good decision and finally your wedding will be fantastic. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know. I wrote it that way on purpose, to make you think it was a complaint from a real person at first. It makes people curious. You understood it correctly as you were reading it.

      Delete
  8. Ha ha ha ha.....You completely drew me in with the introduction!!!! I should have known the trouble maker was a doll!!! Oh yes, it's funny how these little divas get soooo comfortable with the situation and get so demanding!!!
    I am so impressed with your bridal shop, my dear!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad. I figured people would think it was a real person at first. I have to draw you in some how. :-)

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!