Monday, August 7, 2017

That's What Friends Are For

It's Wednesday evening and Peyton just got home from work.  She has an assignment and doesn't have much time to figure out how to complete it.  A spot on the daily morning show she produces has an open spot available for a weekly segment, one day per week. She has to fill it as soon as possible and has no idea how she'll do it.  She needs a television personality and there aren't too many who are local.


As she's looking things up on the internet to try to figure out where to start, Peyton hears the doorbell and answers it.  It's Henna.  Peyton lets her in and leads her into the living room.

Peyton:  Hey, Girl.  What's up?  Has your day been as long as mine?
Henna:  Hi.  I don't think so.  It was a pretty easy day for me.   
Peyton:  Really?  Why so easy?
Henna:  Because the ideas were just flowing.  A few big payments came in, which is always great. Oh, and a possible new client.  It's been great. 
Peyton:  Oh. 
Henna:  So are you ready for dinner?
Peyton:  Good grief!  I completely forgot about dinner.  I don't think I can go.  I'll give you a raincheck. 


Henna:  Why?  What's going on?
Peyton:  Well we just lost a segment for the show and I need to find a replacement.  I don't know what to do, but I need to do something quick.  So I hate to have to cut this call short, but I need to spend some time figuring things out.
Henna:  Hmmm...well, maybe if we talk about what you're looking for, maybe that will be helpful.  It couldn't hurt.
Peyton:  Yea.  I guess it couldn't hurt. 

Henna sits down, so Peyton does too.



Henna:  So, tell me what you need to replace.
Peyton:  The segment was 15 minutes of home tips, like easy ways to keep things working or how to you keep your cleaning day short. 
Henna:  Do you need to find someone else to do the exact same thing?
Peyton:  No, just something that people will enjoy.  Something that makes people want to tune in and watch that segment, not start changing the channel when it comes on.


Henna:  Well, does it have to be a trained actor or something?
Peyton:  No, just someone who knows what they're doing and they do it well.  They have to have a presence and a good reputation.
Henna:  Well, I would suggest someone to talk about designing your home, but I'm pretty busy.
Peyton (laughing):  Whatever.  But home design would be nice, I just think that maybe that's pretty overdone for that spot.  As long as we're changing it up, we may as well overhaul.  I just don't know what would be good.


Henna:  Okay, so let's name things most people like.  Home stuff is done.  Clothes sound good.  Like how to look your best.
Peyton:  Maybe.  That could work.  Fashion sense and tips.  Maybe couture on a dime.
Henna:  As if you understand that concept. One pair of your underwear costs twenty dollars.  Who pays that for drawers?
Peyton (laughing):  Stop making me laugh.  We need to concentrate. I'm hungry.  I can feel my stomach growling.  Maybe I can think better on a full stomach.
Henna:  That's it!  That's the idea!


Peyton:  How to keep your stomach from growling or learning how to think when it is?
Henna:  Food.  People love food.  We all eat it. Even if we'll never cook something, don't you like watching people cook?
Peyton:  Food, huh?  You're right.  It's and every day thing and we only need the segment filled once per week.  Now where can we find someone who will fit the bill.
Henna:  There must be a local business with someone who will look good on camera.
Peyton:  Yes.  I can try searching on the web.
Henna:  You could, but let's think about it.  You can't just pick random people.


Peyton:  Where do you normally eat?  I mean, we like Color Burst.  Select Spaces and Lila's are nice.
Henna:  I got it!  The Flavor Café.  I love their food.  The ladies who work there are very friendly.  I bet they'd be good for the show.
Peyton:  You think so? 
Henna:  Yes, they're local and I don't think I know anyone who has eaten there who doesn't love their food.  They also cater.  Plus, they will make a few extra bucks for the segment, right?
Peyton:  Right.
Henna:  It's free advertising every week, so there is no downside.  They may even need to get a bigger place and more people once they increase their audience.

Peyton:  Henna, I have to say, I agree you've have a good day.  See, Girl.  You called to share some of that goodness with me.
Henna (with a tune and pretending she's holding a microphone):  Hey, that's what friends are for.  When you need me, just call my name.
Peyton:  Please do not  continue to break into song.
Henna (singing):  In good times and bad times, I'll be on your side forever more...
Peyton:  You have issues, but I'm really glad you called.  I need to go so I can write a quick proposal and contact The Flavor Café tomorrow morning.
Henna:  Just go there.


Peyton:  I'll do that.  Good idea.
Henna:  While you're there, there's no better way to thank a friend than food.  So pick me up a Danish and coffee and swing by here to drop it off. A small price to pay for me quickly solving your problem. We all know how valuable my time is.
Peyton:  You got it.  But I do really need to put together a quick proposal to review when I get there.  So thank you I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take off these clothes and get to work.  I'll see you in the morning.  Okay?
Henna:  Okay.  Don't forget the sugar and cream for my coffee, please.
Peyton:  Okay.  

Peyton walks Henna to the door and then starts working on her proposal.

We'll have to see what Rowan and Marisol think of the idea after Peyton presents it.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye


2 comments:

  1. Love that wall décor. That's pretty neat how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff. It's funny, while I was photographing, I looked at the photos (like the one behind Henna) and thought I need to get some more like those. My usual go to is abstract, so I'm surprised I made these work.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!