Friday, August 18, 2017

We'll Get You Registered

It's Friday afternoon and Ember has been working from home.  Erwyn is still on Summer break, so Ember has been home with her today.  Avery called earlier and asked if she could stop by and bring Aviana with her to play with Erwyn.  Ember was happy to have the company and a break from working, so she told Avery it would be nice for them both to come over.

Avery and Ember have been chatting for a while about little things.  We can spare a couple of minutes to see if they talk about anything interesting.

Avery:  I do want to go back to that baby boutique, In Style Baby.  I like a lot of what they have and they focus on a lot of gender neutral items.  Their quote unquote gender specific items are very limited.
Ember:  I've never been there.  But I like the idea.  Have you registered yet?
Avery (frowning):  No.  You know I didn't even want a shower. Why would I register for people to buy me things?
Ember:  Well, look at it this way. You're having a shower since there was no way Cyann was going to let you go with out one.  Since people are going to buy gifts, you'd be helping them and yourself.  It will make their gift giving easier and you actually get things you'll like.  Help them help you.
Avery: You're right.  I may as well stop being so stubborn and go all in with this.  I'll accept my mission.
Ember:  How about this?  I'll go with you.  Then it will be an experience.  First, we'll get you registered, then we can grab lunch, maybe go to more stores.  We'll make an experience out of it.



Avery:  Okay.  Let me just check Craig's schedule over the next month and see when he's available.  Or maybe I'll just send Aviana to day care an extra day.  I'll figure it out.  Let me know when you're available.
Ember: I have a better idea.  Pick a day when you're available and I'll ask my sitter to watch Aviana.  I'll need her to be here with Erwyn anyway.
Avery:  How much does she charge?
Ember:  I'll worry about that.  (Noticing Avery keeps rubbing her belly.) Are you okay?
Avery:  Yes, my stomach is growling and I'm a little warm.
Ember:  Ah!  The joys of pregnancy.  Can I get you a cold drink and a snack?
Avery:  Maybe a snack, but I'm tired of this bladder, so nothing to drink right now.
Ember:  Hmmm...let me see what I have.  I'll be right back.

Ember heads to the kitchen and picks out a snack she thinks will address Avery's hunger and heat - chocolate covered ice cream bars.

Avery (after taking a bite):  This is a good pick.  I'm sure it will hit the spot.  Thank you.
Ember:  You are very welcome.
Avery:  I've been doing better with my snacking, but some days, I just need more.
Ember:  If you're hungry, you're hungry.
Avery:  I know.  I'm not trying to starve myself or anything, I'm just trying to control being ravenous.
Ember:  Well, it will be time to pick up more weight soon as the baby gets bigger, maybe that's why you're more hungry.
Avery:  I know and I'm just going to have to go with it.  We are just going to have to eat and that's that.

Ember:  That is that for sure.  I'm so excited for you.  I just love babies.
Avery:  Thank you.  I'm excited too.  Nervous about labor of course, but I know that will end and I'll have this new tiny person to love and dote on.
Ember:  Yes.  I look at Erwyn all the time and get sad watching her grow up, missing her being so small.
Avery:  Well, I know my brother wants children, so..
Ember (laughing):  Avery, you are too funny.  You throw hints about us getting married all the time.
Avery:  I know.  I'm very bold with it too.  I can't help myself.  I just feel it in my bones.  It's going to happen, mark my words. I'm speaking it into existence.
Ember:  Thank you for your faith.  I promise if we get married, you'll be included in the toast and recognized as having made it happen.

Avery: That sounds reasonable to me.
Ember:  Okay.  You got it. Now let's talk about the one big shower item you haven't made a decision on, the cake.
Avery:  I know.  There are so many cool options available, the baby belly cake, the one with the babies on it, the layered cakes.  I will narrow it down so help me popsicles.
Ember:  Um, okay then.  

We'll leave it to them to figure out the cake for the shower.  I hope they pick a cool one.  We'll see what type of skills the baker has.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

4 comments:

  1. Avery looks pretty! I cannot wait for she and Ember to go shopping so that we can see the store. Your baby items are adorable!!

    I believe that I hear wedding bells! Great story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on the baby items. I like them, but I can't wait to be done for a while.

      Delete
  2. "I'm speaking it into existence." LOL, I like that! It's great that they have gotten closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think Avery is more concerned about her brother getting married than he is. She's on a mission!

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!