Sunday, August 13, 2017

We're Going to Be Famous

It's Thursday morning and already a busy day at The Flavor Café.  Rowan and Marisol have been working hard since they opened.  They aren't complaining because more sales means they stay in business.

Rowan is serving a customer as another one is leaving and Marisol is in the kitchen finishing up a special order placed two days prior for a corporate client. 
 
Rowan:  Would you like anything else?
Customer:  No, thank you.  That's all today.
Rowan:  Okay.  The total is $11.35.

The customer pays and Rowan thanks him and he leaves.  Rowan decides to check the stock again since it's been busy.  As she is checking, in walks Peyton Adams, producer for Good Morning Good People, a very popular local morning show. 


Rowan:  Good morning!  Welcome to The Flavor Café!
Peyton:  Good morning. 
Rowan:  How may I help you?
Peyton:  I would like to speak with the owner, please.
Rowan: I am the owner.  I'm Rowan Dunn.  How may I help you?


Peyton:  Yes. I'm hoping this visit will be very positive for both of us.  I produce the morning show, Good Morning, Good People.  Have you heard of it?
Rowan:  Not that I ever have time to watch it, but, yes, I have heard of it.  You produce it?  That must be an interesting job.
Peyton:  It is.  Is it possible for us to sit and talk for a few minutes about a business deal I would like to propose?
Rowan:  If it could be good for my business, I'm all ears.  Please, have a seat.  We can talk, but I may have to get up to assist customers as we talk.
Peyton:  No problem.  I understand.

They both sit down.


Peyton:  Our show has several segments to it and each day we mix up what we present with trends, information and local expertise whenever we can. 
Rowan:  Okay?
Peyton:  A once a week 15 minute segment just opened up and we are looking to fill it with a respected local expert on food.  The Flavor Café is a respected business, which means you know how to make people happy with food.
Rowan:  I'm glad or heaven knows what else I'd be doing right now.  Thank you for the compliment. 
Peyton:  You're welcome.  I would like to see if you would be interested in covering that segment for us. 


Rowan:  Me?  On TV?
Peyton:  Yes.  We would have to do a screen test, but once you get past the thought of millions of viewers watching and focus on what you know, it's easy.
Rowan:  I...um...wow!  I certainly didn't wake up today expecting this.  What an honor to be asked.
Peyton:  You were highly recommended. 
Rowan:  Really?  By who?
Peyton:  Henna Richards.


Rowan (thinking with a puzzled look on her face): I'm sorry.  I don't recall knowing anyone by that name.
Peyton:  She's a loyal customer who was able to recommend you, which is why I am here.  As a matter of fact, I am paying her for her services by bringing her a Danish and coffee from your café. 
Rowan:  Oh!  Well, that means we have made an impression.  What would I need to do?  What time and day?  Will I get paid?
Peyton:  Yes, you will get paid.  Segments are on Wednesday mornings at 9:30 AM.  You would get a contract and you would get free advertising which is worth the 15 minutes alone.
Rowan:  It sure is.  I do need more information, but I am interested.  Can Marisol, my employee slash business associate come with me.  I mean, we'd have to hire someone to work one day a week to cover, but I'd like to include her if I can.


Peyton:  Yes, we can work with that.  Let's schedule some time for you to both come to the studio to talk, go through the screen test and review whether we have a deal or not. Would that be okay?
Rowan:  Yes!  I'm so excited!

Marisol walks out from the kitchen. 


Marisol:  Hi.  Are you taking a catering order?
Rowan:  No.  I'm discussing how we're going to be famous.
Marisol:  We are?
Rowan:  Yes.  Marisol, this is Peyton Adams, a producer from Good Morning, Good People
Peyton:  Hello, Marisol.
Marisol:  Hello.  It's nice to meet you.


Rowan:  We can make arrangements, but can it be in the evening.? We are open during the day and there are only two of us.
Peyton:  Yes.  And I do think you will need another employee.  Once you are on the air, your business could double.
Marisol:  On the air?
Rowan:  Yes!  We're going to be on Good Morning, Good People.  I'll fill you in on the details later.


Peyton: I'm truly excited about this opportunity to work with you.  I'll leave my card and call you later today to set things up.
Rowan:  Wonderful!  Now let's get you and your consultant a Danish and some coffee, on the house.
Peyton:  Thank you!

It looks like an opportunity is opening up for Rowan and Marisol.  Maybe we can watch their segment on the show every so often.

Thanks for stopping by. ~ Jaye

8 comments:

  1. Cute episode! I hope in all works out for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

      Delete
  2. They might have to get a bigger location after this! You better get to building, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I hope they do well, but they need to hold on until these other places are up and available or up and running first.

      Delete
  3. This is awesome!! This is an opportunity of a lifetime! Great story as always!! I am happy for Rowan and Marisol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope they do well and business grows for them.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes. When you have a business, you never know who is going to stop by! For the most part, hard work pays off when you put in the time. Good luck to Rowan and Marisol!!! (By the way...love all the details in the café!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April. I know they are excited about this opportunity.

      Delete

Hi. I truly appreciate your reading my blog and your comments. I enjoy the interaction. As soon as I check to be sure your comment is not from a bot or some other unreliable source, it will be posted.

Have a great day!